John Titor

Darkwolf

Re: John Titor

I don't believe TT said anything about stopping the war. He said he couldn't change anything on this timeline that would affect his time line. Therefore, he really didn't care what happened here.

Matter of fact, he said that the wars would be good for us. He seemed to think that the conflict was our only way out of the governmental system we were in at the time and still are. In his view the future, even after a nuclear war was better than the present, and alot better than it would be if we just kept on as we were.

One thing that has been bugging me for a while now is how did JT \"acquire\" an IBM 5100? From what I have read, he says that he was a relative of one of the workers there and that he was chosen for this mission because of that.

My guess would be he bought it. Fake identities weren't very tough in the 70s.

sinister

The Art Bell faxes, as well as the travel plan he laid out for everyone suggest to me that something else was going on. If it was a hoax, all of the faxes and his irregular (several stop) travel plan makes absolutely no sense for why it was included. I've seen a lot of talk over here and over at Anomolies wherein people suggest there might have been some connection between this and Y2K. This aspect of the story would make Titor's story even more fantastical, but there is obviously something he did that was left out. There are also several vague quotes that seem to point back to this as well. I hate to suggest it, but if there was something else going on, its very possible that the theory of time travel he explained to everyone was tweaked by Titor himself. Maybe there is some piece of the developed, working theory of time travel that he purposely left out that would make it possible for one person to travel back and forth allong the same 'worldline'?

BubbuClinton

sinister said:
I hate to suggest it, but if there was something else going on, its very possible that the theory of time travel he explained to everyone was tweaked by Titor himself. Maybe there is some piece of the developed, working theory of time travel that he purposely left out that would make it possible for one person to travel back and forth allong the same 'worldline'?

So, do I look forward to becoming a time thief or not?

Bubbu

sinister

hahaha that's a good question, and I guess I can't answer it. I have a feeling time would be very heavy to carry with you on your way back, so maybe if you had the right car to go allong with your machine.

JRSpencer

I honestly did not believe the 'Titor Debacle' one bit. The stunt served its purpose: to have people talking about him five years on and get a book deal. (Going to Barnes and Noble.com will display "John Titor Foundation" as the authors. WTF??)

Titor just took advantages of the susceptible nature of people. The guy did his song-and-dance about global apocalype and downfall of the West. Watching Alex Jones movies will clue you in on all that. The guy's "predictions" in my opinion were accurate guesses. Somethings you just can't get wrong.

That how thing about CERN? CERN is to construct a giant LHC. Come on now. It's realistic that these researchers were going to build something on that scale when the ability to do so presented itself even before Titor brought it up. No one gave it any thought though because why would they?

Don't get me started on Titor's civil war. I don't know how many people know about Alex Jones and his conspiracy theories, but Jones believes that the government plans to enforce a police state (martial law) and turn America in Orwell's '1984.' Jones has been voicing this opinion since 1997. Someone could guess that if something like this takes place, the American people will be very irrate and not conform quietly. What might happen? Bingo. There's your Civil war of '05.

I don't know why people believe the world will be destroyed in the 2010s. Me, I can't call it either way. But if you believe it, just live your life until Hell comes 'a knocking. If you're with a woman, get that nut off before the bomb drops.

XDrFirefly

I don't know why people believe the world will be destroyed in the 2010s. Me, I can't call it either way. But if you believe it, just live your life until Hell comes 'a knocking. If you're with a woman, get that nut off before the bomb drops.

I love how breeding becomes a deep instinct if the end of the world is coming.:lol: This is something I'd really like to research.

dr FF

P.S. sorry to sway of the subject. it was just to funny.

JRSpencer

LOL. Actually that "get the nut off before the bomb drops" is a line by Richard Pryor from his concert "Here and Now."

MutableTimeLine

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"JRSpencer\")</div>
Don't get me started on Titor's civil war. I don't know how many people know about Alex Jones and his conspiracy theories, but Jones believes that the government plans to enforce a police state (martial law) and turn America in Orwell's '1984.' Jones has been voicing this opinion since 1997. Someone could guess that if something like this takes place, the American people will be very irrate and not conform quietly. What might happen? Bingo. There's your Civil war of '05.

[/b]

Whoa dude!! Huh?? I know a little bit about Alex Jones. He kind of out there. If anything his documentaries are "informative", but if someone or a group of like-minded people created the John Titor persona, it would have been years in the making. They probably thought the civil war would be along the lines of McVeigh type people who want to overthrow the American government. I can't imagine people who live next door to me fighting the Marines or Army who are implementing a police state. But...if it happens what could any of us do?

Well, like you said fight. If you use Occam's Razor, your idea about the fabrication of Titor could fit into place.

JRSpencer

I posted this on another forum, but i'll put it here where I should have posted it:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"JRSpencer\")</div>
Okay, fine. So there were no postings in Titor's timeline. But why do it at all? I've read his...\"work.\" He boasts people shouldn't believe him and he doesn't expect them to. Why go through the trouble of posting is you know beforehand no one will give a *&$@? Unless the college kids who thought Titor up wanted to be considered cult heroes to some extent. A review on Barnes & Noble.com reads:

This 'John Titor' guy or guys (we'll consider it to be one entity for now) is obviously some sort of science major, probably physics/astrophysics and likely in a Masters or Doctorate program. Maybe he grew up in Hillsborough County, FL (he claims to have been educated at a Florida university in that county). He's clearly Libertarian, and spent quite a bit of time logically planning and then posting a 'future-history' on several websites. This book is the culmination of that work. Does he predict things? Yes. Did some of them come true? Yes, and some of them were hush-hush things that a doctorate student would know before anyone else. Does he make some insightful comments about society and behaviours, about a possible future? Sure. Like I said, he clearly logically planned out his future-history. I view 'John Titor' to be a form of modern-day Jonathan Swift. Instead of writing essays and papers, however, his social parody comes in the form of internet posts and a compilation. Interesting, but in the end disappointing. Should have made it a series of pulp sci-fi novels.

Makes you wonder. Titor is a pied piper of sorts. He's convinced a lot of people. He basically avoided having to tell the truth at all. I'll simplify all of his posts by presenting them with these two sentences:

The following sentence is true.

The preceding sentence is false.

He didn't have to refer to any truth value. Even he said, \"it's best if you don't believe me.\"[/b]

I'll admit, it's great to entertain the possibly that Titor really did travel through time and he's here to save us, but that wasn't the case. In his own words he says our generation is the one that threw everything away. Sounds like he pissed the same way a teenager is why they wish they could have selected their parents.

MTL, you're right about Occam's Razor. The easiest and simplest solution is usual the correct one. Even with a "two percent divergence from his worldline" his predictions should have have a high percentage accuracy. Since they did not, Titor is just a character created by bored grad students. I know I'll get a rebuttle, but that's why this is a forum. Point/Counterpoint.

MutableTimeLine

This Titor debate is exasperating. Is he real or not? Did he travel back, forward or not? Believe what you will. There's evidence to support his claims and evidence that disproves it. It's all in front of you so believe what you want. Personally, I feel it's an interesting story with dramatic elements that entertain the possibility of something extraordinary. Mild thumbs up.