John Titor's Non-lethal Weapon

StarLord

JT's non lethal weopon...

Yup, there is nothing like being pinpointed by your government every second of the day. Of course, unlike the star feature in expensive cars, if you lock yourself out of the house, you can't use the chip to call for help, and the govt. just thinks your loitering by your own front door.

Judge Bean

Special assistance is needed in the plumbing supply section.

Unauthorized loiterer in the E4 sector to be concluded with prejudice.

Smooth-Operator

Personally I am not freaked out by debt cards and credit cards and stuff. When the veri-chip becomes free or mandatory, I will be first in line.

Well here's a thought... it's not free but this would give the feds an opportunity to weed out the population.

VeriChip gets FDA OK for medical use in U.S.

sun-sentinel.com
Posted October 13 2004, 2:55 PM EDT

VeriChip, the world's first implantable radio frequency ID microchip for human use, has been cleared for medical use in the United States by the FDA, the company that makes it said on Wednesday.

The stock price was expected to rise.

In a prepared release, VeriChip Corp., a subsidiary of Applied Digital Solutions Inc. of Palm Beach, said its system consists of an implantable microtransponder, an inserter, a proprietary hand-held scanner, and secure database containing patient-approved health-care information.

About the size of a grain of rice, VeriChip is inserted under the skin in a brief outpatient procedure. Once in, it cannot be seen by the human eye. To read what is in the Veri Chip, a unique 16-digit verification number must be scanned by a company instrument. The captured number in turn links to a database via encrypted Internet access. The health-care information or history stored on the chip can then be read by a doctor, nurse, paramedic or police officer.

Earlier this year, the company announced another application for the VeriChip inserts.

Mexico's top federal prosecutors and investigators began receiving chip implants in their arms last November in order to get access to restricted areas inside the attorney general's headquarters, said Antonio Aceves, general director of Solusat, the company that distributes the microchips in Mexico. Attorney General Rafael Macedo de la Concha and 160 of his employees were implanted at a cost to taxpayers of $150 for each chip.

VeriChip gets FDA OK for medical use in U.S.

It may look innocent, but I'm not doin it, no siree bumpkins.

Smooth

CaryP

Originally posted by Unintentional@Oct 12 2004, 07:31 PM
Personally I am not freaked out by debt cards and credit cards and stuff. When the veri-chip becomes free or mandatory, I will be first in line.

You can have my turn Uni. You can get tracked by da gubament all you like. I ain't gettin' one. Neither is my family.

Cary

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Unintentional@Oct 14 2004, 11:31 PM
How about we stick them in the detainees at Quatanamo then let them go and see where they detainees go?

How about we treat the detainees at Guantanamo Bay like human beings and entitled to fundamental rights without reference to their nationalities or religions, and as privileged to receive due process of law? After all, if we are serious in wanting to extend freedom and democracy to the rest of the world, one of the first things we would want to do is to show them how our criminal justice system works, with its provisions for equal treatment, due process, and the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Oh, also, the little matter of speedy trial by a jury and access to counsel. What a great opportunity to show them what freedom means!

Darkwolf

How about we stick them in the detainees at Quatanamo then let them go and see where they detainees go?
Not a bad idea.

Though I don't think the things have quite strong enough of a signal that they can be tracked by satalite. Yet. The seem to only be good for acess readers, and scanners. Maby short range direction finding. All I'll say is keep the @###$ thing the @%$## away from me!