Keto/Atkins/Low Carb

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I kicked my own ass yesterday removing large branches from pathways in the woods. My heart rate actually got up to 140.
I was shaking when I was done.

Woke up today --- not a single ounce lost. Not even water.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I like the Atkins low carb thing. We should be eating less bread and less milk. As a species. We are made to eat fish and plants imho.

Also exercise is a thing and it sounds like you been nailing puala , good for you. I started playing pokemon go back in February myself. I aim for 50 kilometers a week. I had no idea i would lose the weight ive lost. 40 pounds lighter and still going.

Awesome job!!! I lost 50 pounds on weight watchers but am struggling to get the rest off. It just won't budge. Feels great, doesn't it?

Ketosis or not --- I am permanently off bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, sugar for the rest of my life. I'll gain it all back quickly if I eat that stuff. It's a major life style change. I wish I knew this when I was 25 and started gaining, but there is an emotional story behind it as well.

We all have reasons why we gain. It is usually due to problems. Nobody eats intentionally unless something is wrong. I won't share my drama unless someone wants to hear it. It would have to be in private DM.

Kairos

Too many raccoons, possums, deer, turtles, squirrels, etc... Any garden would be destroyed. I would love to do it, but I have to stick to pots on my patio. :)

Learn the ways of plasticulture. Setup some high tunnels. You can grow year round down there too.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Learn the ways of plasticulture. Setup some high tunnels. You can grow year round down there too.

Can't tunnel in Florida. We're a swamp! LOL.

Previously about exercise -- my exercise already increased after my first 50 lb lost.

The past several months I was renovating, cleaning, and packing my house to sell, lifting heavy boxes, painting walls. Then, moving time -- lifting more boxes, unpacking, more cleaning, more painting ---- I would guess 90% of dieters aren't THIS active, but most still can lose all their needed weight. Two questions: Why didn't I lose any weight even though my diet was the same and why isn't EVERYONE required to work heavy to lose? Why only me?

There are people on Weight Watchers that have lost 100+ pounds only walking and dieting. Granted, I don't have that much to lose, but still. Why isn't it consistent? It seems to me there is NO text book "cure" for weight loss. What works for one is not necessarily going to work for another.

I am willing to try, but I am at a loss as to how to get more active -- I already cleared the large branches out of one of my properties. LOL. It's not something I can do every day. I already AM active. Why is that STILL not enough for me, but 90% of the population can just take a walk and lose weight?

SO Frustrating.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
This is from helping to build and move a bridge.

More proof I do more than the average person but still cannot lose more weight.

titorite

Also gotta remember to be kind and non judgement with yourself. If your in a good weight range medically just remember not to sweat the small pounds. Coulda been a large dinner or muscle increase.

Also heard that the military is planning to go keto for better troop health.

The article was mostly a hack job though decrying the keto diet and the outrage in the comment section so ridiculas. People crying about how they have rights and its so unethical and im like no they are state owned property till they complete their term of service , everyone already knows this that knows anything about military life. And beside i doubt any enlisted man is gonna bitch about steak eggs and bourbon.

Personally i hope they do it and that it helps reduce post service ballooning. Every ex service man knows all about it. Going keto damn well may have a positive impact on service men after their return to civilian life.