KW2000 D time communicator

TimeFlipper

There was some brilliant minds at Bletchley Park even though some of them were closet queers or communists.

What I've got is an alleged temporal communicator. The core of it seems to be a bank of Eprom's cobbled onto the side of amateur radio.

I've got some wire that I'm going to string over some trees as an aerial and will crank the thing up on Sunday

I also got some converted and modified walkie-talkies.

Not bad for 150 English pounds.
If you were implying that the KW2000 transceiver was used at Bletchley Park, which was only used for code breaking activities, you are hopelessly WRONG...The KW2000 was first manufactured in the late 1950s and was used essentially by amateur radio operators, as it offered the new radio transmission mode of Single Sideband (SSB), compared to the older AM transmitters...Also the KW2000 transceiver replaced the need for seperate transmitters and receivers..

Below at the bottom of the page are pictures of the receivers that were mostly used back in the code breaking days of World War 2, both types manufactured in the USA...The receiver on the left is an HRO, the receiver on the right is the AR88, both were superb receivers and used by thousands of amateur radio operators World Wide during the late 1940s and 1970s...Both are still fabulous short wave receivers! (y):D..

It was said that you could chuck out an AR88 from the top of a 10 storey building, go down and pick it up, switch it on again, and you still got perfect reception, built just like the proverbial "Brick Shyte House" :LOL:..

Tell me more about those "converted and modified walkie talkies" Lord Henry, iam literally dying to find out what nonsense you come up with this time, dont disappoint me will you! :ROFLMAO:..

HRO.jpgAR88.jpg

Mr Scientist

If this is so what will be your options, are you saying your somehow going to install on to the chip or?
Good questionfor once, I looked at the date on this Bank of Eprom's dated 1979. Well over 40 years old. Gordon my local vicar who's also a keen amateur radio enthusiasts said he never heard of her KW2000 Delta amateur radio transmitter. As for the Eprom's that were apparently used in radios but not in civilian radios. The data on these thing in the day, couldn't be guaranteed after 7 years and as I pointed out these Eprom's are over 40 years old. He did give me a name of somebody in the north of England that may be able to salvage any info on them if they're indeed is any of this period of time. Also been in my friends attic the dump has got to it.

Worst case scenario I've got a pile of parts I can use in another project. Gordon has kindly said I can connect the radio to his antenna on the church parapet. As long as I don't set fire to the church again.

Mr Scientist

Mr Scientist

If you were implying that the KW2000 transceiver was used at Bletchley Park, which was only used for code breaking activities, you are hopelessly WRONG...The KW2000 was first manufactured in the late 1950s and was used essentially by amateur radio operators, as it offered the new radio transmission mode of Single Sideband (SSB), compared to the older AM transmitters...Also the KW2000 transceiver replaced the need for seperate transmitters and receivers..

Below at the bottom of the page are pictures of the receivers that were mostly used back in the code breaking days of World War 2, both types manufactured in the USA...The receiver on the left is an HRO, the receiver on the right is the AR88, both were superb receivers and used by thousands of amateur radio operators World Wide during the late 1940s and 1970s...Both are still fabulous short wave receivers! (y):D..

It was said that you could chuck out an AR88 from the top of a 10 storey building, go down and pick it up, switch it on again, and you still got perfect reception, built just like the proverbial "Brick Shyte House" :LOL:..

Tell me more about those "converted and modified walkie talkies" Lord Henry, iam literally dying to find out what nonsense you come up with this time, dont disappoint me will you! :ROFLMAO:..

View attachment 12430View attachment 12431
It's not a KW2000 you numpty it's a KW 2000 Delta! I didn't say it came from Bletchley Park , I said the guy who owned it worked at Bletchley Park. All I know from his son, he was involved in the upkeep, access and maintenance there. Was a keen early radio enthusiast and dabbled in mathematics...

Last edited:

Mayhem

Zenith
I think i will be a stretch a read only is normally that specific it can't be modified.

Depending on where and when it came from there is a possible chance it was a prototype that was able to be modified which means it isnt read only.

To be able to lets say install or modify is not out of the realms of possibilities, but might take some work and not the local shop computer guy.

The other aspect then is compatibility with whats able to interface with the unit in todays terms.

This is even before the unit is functional so this is just basic start up thoughts.

TimeFlipper

It's not a KW2000 you numpty it's a KW 2000 Delta! I didn't say it came from Bletchley Park , I said the guy who owned it worked at Bletchley Park.
The D only refers to the particular model of KW2000, model A or D...Just because you use the phonetic term D for Delta, that doesnt mean the KW2000 is a Delta Time transceiver you idiot, with or without your erasable ROM :ROFLMAO: :fp:..

TimeFlipper

Good questionfor once, I looked at the date on this Bank of Eprom's dated 1979. Well over 40 years old. Gordon my local vicar who's also a keen amateur radio enthusiasts said he never heard of her KW2000 Delta amateur radio transmitter. As for the Eprom's that were apparently used in radios but not in civilian radios. The data on these thing in the day, couldn't be guaranteed after 7 years and as I pointed out these Eprom's are over 40 years old. He did give me a name of somebody in the north of England that may be able to salvage any info on them if they're indeed is any of this period of time. Also been in my friends attic the dump has got to it.

Worst case scenario I've got a pile of parts I can use in another project. Gordon has kindly said I can connect the radio to his antenna on the church parapet. As long as I don't set fire to the church again.

Mr Scientist
Youre wonderful humour has kicked in again Lord Henry, and you can now inform Gordon the Vicar of Dibley, that if he is a genuine amateur radio operator, he would have known about the KW2000 transceiver, they were legendary transceivers, although if anyone has purchased one of them recently they will quickly discover the rapid frequency drifting which however can soon be resolved (y):giggle:..

Mr Scientist

The D only refers to the particular model of KW2000, model A or D...Just because you use the phonetic term D for Delta, that doesnt mean the KW2000 is a Delta Time transceiver you idiot, with or without your erasable ROM :ROFLMAO: :fp:..
I'm well aware it's not a delta aerial, but it's clearly stamped KW2000 Delta. The large metal box attached to the side of it contains the Eprom's. But when I took the back off I did notice a number of old Philco surface barrier transistors, in an array. The whole thing seems to be cobbled together with bits of technology from different decades. As on top of the metal box to the side of the radio is a keypad from a Big Trak a very popular child's electronic toy.

Mr Scientist

Youre wonderful humour has kicked in again Lord Henry, and you can now inform Gordon the Vicar of Dibley, that if he is a genuine amateur radio operator, he would have known about the KW2000 transceiver, they were legendary transceivers, although if anyone has purchased one of them recently they will quickly discover the rapid frequency drifting which however can soon be resolved (y):giggle:..
Rev Gordon knew about the KW2000 transceivers, just not that model. He thought it could be a continental remake and certainly a homebrew.

TimeFlipper

I'm well aware it's not a delta aerial, but it's clearly stamped KW2000 Delta. The large metal box attached to the side of it contains the Eprom's. But when I took the back off I did notice a number of old Philco surface barrier transistors, in an array. The whole thing seems to be cobbled together with bits of technology from different decades. As on top of the metal box to the side of the radio is a keypad from a Big Trak a very popular child's electronic toy.
Provide the photos of your claims Lord Henry..