minuteman project and Waco type events thread

Judge Bean

If the President of the United States decides that the country is under the threat of an attack, and can identify the threat with any specific group?a political, ethnic, racial, or religious group?he has the power to arrest and indefinitely detain all members of that group, using the military, whether or not the detainees are citizens. This has been the law since 1942. In the 1950s, they tried to institutionalize this law by preserving the Japanese-American internment camps for possible use to pen up ?Communists,? and the apparatus for the prospective detention is to some degree contained in the elusive Executive Order of Ronald Reagan called ?REX84? (?Reagan Executive Order 1984?). [Id., n. 9, citing interview on C-SPAN Oct. 25, 1998].

Bring your bedding to the fairgrounds.

CaryP

Paul,

Your Constitutional wisdom spilleth forth. We're all in deep doo-doo. Thanks for the post. Where's your nemisis, Tampa? I know you can whup his ass, but he'll claim he can whup yours. I wouldn't worry about Cornelia. She knows who the REAL man is.

Cary

Unintentional

Weren't some of the Japaneese-Americans who were interned ACTUALLY spies? :blink:

I saw a Netyenyahoo (sp?) being interviewed the other day and he was asked why Israeli has never had a highjacking. He answered, "Because we screen terrorists, not everyone (randomly)."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1132301/posts

What is really shameful is the fact that most of U.S. media today refuses to report the historical fact that our U.S. intelligence code-breakers who broke the Japanese code discovered hundreds of Japanese aliens and Japanese-Americans in those West Coast states who were functioning as spies for Imperial Japan.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Unintentional@Jun 18 2004, 12:50 AM
Weren't some of the Japaneese-Americans who were interned ACTUALLY spies? :blink:

I saw a Netyenyahoo (sp?) being interviewed the other day and he was asked why Israeli has never had a highjacking. ?He answered, \"Because we screen terrorists, not everyone (randomly).\"

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1132301/posts

What is really shameful is the fact that most of U.S. media today refuses to report the historical fact that our U.S. intelligence code-breakers who broke the Japanese code discovered hundreds of Japanese aliens and Japanese-Americans in those West Coast states who were functioning as spies for Imperial Japan.
That there may have been spies among the adults raises the huge stinking question about why the Japanese-Americans of Hawaii, a strategic location near the actual center of action, were not molested by any such order. Only the three States of Washington, Oregon, and California.

120,000 internees, approximately 90,000 American citizens. About 6,000 ultimately refused to swear allegiance to the United States. Sneaky Japanese spies, along with an embarrassing collection of other racist notions, prompted an ignorant, frightened, and propagandized public to demand the mass arrest.

The same sentiment motivated the "Indian Removal" under President Jackson, the roundup of "renegades" who were "off the reservation" which led to the Sand Creek and Washita massacres, and other government atrocities at Wounded Knee and elsewhere. It was also government decree that the Mormons be destroyed in Missouri; that "Communists" be interned in the 1950s, or at least hounded out of their jobs; and that the student dissidents be suppressed in 1968, 1969, and 1970.

Those that love their country should study its shameful conduct to deepen their affection, inasmuch as flaws mark beauty's appeal.

You do not cite the source of the obnoxious quotation. The truth is that if you were to arrest all of the Arab-Americans in, say, Boston, no doubt you would capture some number of terrorists, or at least potential ones. By the same theory, you could stop crime in the poor part of every city by simply arresting everyone living there. I meet cops every day who see nothing wrong with this, and try to carry it out by arresting, or at least pestering, everyone in a particular neighborhood.

The trouble is that is contrary to our professed way of life and the spirit of the American idea of justice, which depends upon a presumption of innocence. Every patriot should have the phrase "presumed innocent until proven guilty" embroidered on his bowling shirt.

Unintentional

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Jun 18 2004, 04:31 AM
You do not cite the source of the obnoxious quotation.
The Japaneese spy quote was from the link provided.

The Netyenyahoo (sp?) quote I heard on the radio. If I can find it, I will post it. :)

Anoah

Due out in 2005 folks. :unsure:

crowd control weapon

Sweeping stun guns to target crowds

19:00 16 June 04

Exclusive from New Scientist Print Edition. Subscribe and get 4 free issues.

Weapons that can incapacitate crowds of people by sweeping a lightning-like beam of electricity across them are being readied for sale to military and police forces in the US and Europe.

At present, commercial stun guns target one person at a time, and work only at close quarters. The new breed of non-lethal weapons can be used on many people at once and operate over far greater distances.
But human rights groups are appalled by the fact that no independent safety tests have been carried out, and by their potential for indiscriminate use.

You know it just kind of gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, to know how much the government loves us and respects our opinions. Disageement with the government is our fundamental right and its nice to know that they applaud that. NOT!!!!!!! I mean is our government nuts!!!!!!!! What are they thinking developing this kind of stuff?

Who else finds this article highly disturbing? It is scary as its all due out in 2005 when there just may be civil unrest as a result of the election.

CaryP

Anaoh,

Count me in on the "been disturbed about the government" list. Of course, you could also count me in on the just plain "disturbed" list. The really scary stuff has yet to be revealed. We'll see this fall.

Cary

Cornelia

(wow... there were 2 "waco-type events" threads and now they're mixed together. very wise from our smart mods... :) )