minuteman project and Waco type events thread

CaryP

Originally posted by Cornelia@Sep 19 2004, 06:25 AM
Is this a Waco-type event?
http://www.rense.com/general57/vitmo.htm

Anyway, it's chilling... something like that happened in G8 Genoa 2001.

Cornelia,

This individual woman's experience probably wouldn't qualify as a Waco event, but the RNC, and the "little Guantanamo" prision would IMO. That the Republican party rented the space, and then it was fenced in with barbed and razor wire with the intention of holding protestors to me in unbelievable. Where was the govt. in all this? In partnership with a political party - the one in power at the moment. I think this kind of crossing the lines will only get more frequent and more serious as time goes by. Thanks for posting the link to this story.

Cary

Judge Bean

Originally posted by CaryP+Sep 20 2004, 10:21 AM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Cornelia@Sep 19 2004, 06:25 AM

Cornelia,

This individual woman's experience probably wouldn't qualify as a Waco event, but the RNC, and the "little Guantanamo" prision would IMO. That the Republican party rented the space, and then it was fenced in with barbed and razor wire with the intention of holding protestors to me in unbelievable. Where was the govt. in all this? In partnership with a political party - the one in power at the moment. I think this kind of crossing the lines will only get more frequent and more serious as time goes by. Thanks for posting the link to this story.

Cary
[snapback]9885[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

It's my understanding that the government paid for all of the security at the RNC, and so, in effect, you have a successful "partisan" effort to take over the police function. The hidden crisis here is the power grab by a faction. Nixon's people did this when the crowd was arrested on the steps of the Pentagon. If taken to its logical extreme, the civil authority is usurped by the Executive (read: the military, or law enforcement drafted into military service), who then becomes the unchallengable ruler. This is what is happening now in Russia, and what our government has detailed plans to institute in the case of "emergency."

Rather than a strict example of a Waco-type event, it is instead, I believe, an example or hint of what comes next in sequence after the Waco phase.

Timescholar

Originally posted by Cornelia@Sep 19 2004, 05:25 AM

That link is broken. But, at anyrate, I'd trust Rense (and Art Bell) as much as the local gossip tabloids. That is, 0% (probably a negative amount, too). I've only been to the Jeff Rense site once, and that was because I was seeing what a user was talking about (on a gaming forum that I moderate) when he threatened to blackmail our forum and a gaming company because one of the mods edited out his vulgarities. *shrugs* So, my experience with that site is that it's a bunch of wackos (or *bad pun alert* 'wacos' ;))

As far as I can tell, it was one person, and the FBI only wounded him (I wouldn't be surprised if the suspect raised his gun at them -- it's not like they're just going to stand there and watch).

Snow

Hey! I get some of my best info from Jeff Rense and Art Bell. LOL

Waco Alert! SFW in the building . . .

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Timescholar@Sep 22 2004, 12:56 AM

As far as I can tell, it was one person, and the FBI only wounded him (I wouldn't be surprised if the suspect raised his gun at them -- it's not like they're just going to stand there and watch).

Only one person, only wounded. He probably asked for it, too. What was I thinking?

StarLord

You probably jumped to the conclusion, like most of us, that this person had inalienable rights such as the freedom to not be shot , and to be considered innocent until shot by someone in an official position. We know that when this happens, it's all good.

Judge Bean

You're probably right. I don't know why I go off on these tangents. Of course, anyone merely suspected by law enforcement of being dangerous, or of being associated with known outlaws, ought to be shot on sight. It's them or us.

Cornelia

While on topic, I think you may like this story, just heard on a consumers TV program (italian, of course!).
A couple of newlywed were on their flight from Rome to Cancun via Philadelphia, on an US Airways flight. The lady had some arguing with the hostess, about something stupid like those ear-things to listen music. At their arrival in Philadelphia, the lady was taken by Police, then handcuffed and taken to a prison then a penitentiary. The husband went mad in order to find her, with the help of the italian embassy. The lady was found three days later, then freed thanks (of course! ;)) to an FBI italian-american agent. They went to court, and the judge definitively freed her from the accuse, made by the hostess, of "aggression", "lesions" and the stealing of the ear-things! Can you believe it? A normal and nice lady just thrown into a penitentiary without any lawyer and without knowing the (absurd) accuse made to her!
She slept on the dirty floor, using a stinky sandwich as pillow!
The TV program ended the story giving advice on how defend ourselves from the abuse of US Police, just in case we think to go in US. And it was a consumers program, watched by elders and middle class consumers, not a leftist political program.

Hope you don't feel offended, I'm just telling a story.

Judge Bean

Now see, that's just what we're talking about. They think they can get away with stuff just because they're foreignors. We'll teach them a lesson or two: soon America will be turning a corner, we'll all be safer, and all of our enemies will be sleeping in prison on sandwiches.