minuteman project and Waco type events thread

Darkwolf

I have a feeling that the first thing we might see is a "Tienimen square type incident"

Timmy G

This one isn't really a 'Waco' type event, however I believe it is notable. I saw this story posted at a few US news sites, but here's an interesting spin from New Zealand.

Suicide a protest against Bush re-election

A man shot himself dead at Ground Zero, where the World Trade Centre stood in New York, in what friends believe was a protest against President George W. Bush's re-election and the war in Iraq.

The body of Andrew Veal, 25, a university research worker from the southern state of Georgia who was engaged to be married, was found on the site of the September 11 terror attacks at the weekend.

Veal did not leave a note, but those who knew him said he sent a grim message by choosing to end his life where almost 3000 people perished.

\"I'm absolutely sure it's a protest,\" said Mary Anne Mauney, Veal's supervisor at the University of Georgia survey research lab.

Darkwolf

Thats kind of weird, if people start killing themselves for pollitical reasons that is usually a sure sign of trouble coming. We might want to steer clear of pollitical events in case some nutjob decides that his own life just isn't enough. :unsure:

Darkwolf

Gen. Franks Doubts Constitution Will Survive WMD Attack
John O. Edwards, NewsMax.com
Friday, Nov. 21, 2003
Gen. Tommy Franks says that if the United States is hit with a weapon of mass destruction that inflicts large casualties, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.
Franks, who successfully led the U.S. military operation to liberate Iraq, expressed his worries in an extensive interview he gave to the men?s lifestyle magazine Cigar Aficionado.

In the magazine?s December edition, the former commander of the military?s Central Command warned that if terrorists succeeded in using a weapon of mass destruction (WMD) against the U.S. or one of our allies, it would likely have catastrophic consequences for our cherished republican form of government.

Discussing the hypothetical dangers posed to the U.S. in the wake of Sept. 11, Franks said that ?the worst thing that could happen? is if terrorists acquire and then use a biological, chemical or nuclear weapon that inflicts heavy casualties.

If that happens, Franks said, ?... the Western world, the free world, loses what it cherishes most, and that is freedom and liberty we?ve seen for a couple of hundred years in this grand experiment that we call democracy.?

Franks then offered ?in a practical sense? what he thinks would happen in the aftermath of such an attack.

?It means the potential of a weapon of mass destruction and a terrorist, massive, casualty-producing event somewhere in the Western world ? it may be in the United States of America ? that causes our population to question our own Constitution and to begin to militarize our country in order to avoid a repeat of another mass, casualty-producing event. Which in fact, then begins to unravel the fabric of our Constitution. Two steps, very, very important.?

Franks didn?t speculate about how soon such an event might take place.

Already, critics of the U.S. Patriot Act, rushed through Congress in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks, have argued that the law aims to curtail civil liberties and sets a dangerous precedent.

But Franks? scenario goes much further. He is the first high-ranking official to openly speculate that the Constitution could be scrapped in favor of a military form of government.

The usually camera-shy Franks retired from U.S. Central Command, known in Pentagon lingo as CentCom, in August 2003, after serving nearly four decades in the Army.

Franks earned three Purple Hearts for combat wounds and three Bronze Stars for valor. Known as a ?soldier?s general,? Franks made his mark as a top commander during the U.S.?s successful Operation Desert Storm, which liberated Kuwait in 1991. He was in charge of CentCom when Osama bin Laden?s al-Qaeda attacked the United States on Sept. 11.

Franks said that within hours of the attacks, he was given orders to prepare to root out the Taliban in Afghanistan and to capture bin Laden.

Franks offered his assessment on a number of topics to Cigar

Somone in power finally said it.

DWOMT

As i said about civil unrest in the home searches topic, what if Waco events are happening and we just don't know about them yet? I'm sure it's been discussed somewhere in this thread, but what if the Waco type events are completely being ignored by the major news networks? Maybe during Titor's predicted near future the Waco Events come to light and it helps push things along, therefore giving him the knowledge of the Waco Events that took place in 2004 to share with us. Just my two cents.

Darkwolf

DMOT There are a few things that newsmen can't resist. Explosions, fire, blood, you know if it bleeds it leads. I don't think a Waco incident is going to be very subtule. Plus I haven't heard about anything waco like even on the alternative news sources. Just civil unrest and over the top crowd controll. Thats pretty consistant with the scenario though.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by DWOMT@Nov 9 2004, 09:55 AM
As i said about civil unrest in the home searches topic, what if Waco events are happening and we just don't know about them yet? I'm sure it's been discussed somewhere in this thread, but what if the Waco type events are completely being ignored by the major news networks? Maybe during Titor's predicted near future the Waco Events come to light and it helps push things along, therefore giving him the knowledge of the Waco Events that took place in 2004 to share with us. Just my two cents.

It's easier for the news about some Waco type events to be lost or suppressed, because some of them are actually more Ruby Ridge-type events instead: way out in the boonies, a couple of people in a cabin get gunned down in cold blood by law enforcement. The nearest TV camera is hundreds of miles away perhaps; the local paper has one reporter, who's also the editor, photographer, and paperboy.

But Titor's prophecy seems to be that the general public would gradually become aware, in 2004, of government abuses, including unjustified home searches and shootouts with citizens. On the other hand, if the news is being suppressed, it could mean that the government knows from Titor's posts not to allow publicity for other Wacos.

DWOMT

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Nov 9 2004, 04:31 PM
It's easier for the news about some Waco type events to be lost or suppressed, because some of them are actually more Ruby Ridge-type events instead: way out in the boonies, a couple of people in a cabin get gunned down in cold blood by law enforcement. The nearest TV camera is hundreds of miles away perhaps; the local paper has one reporter, who's also the editor, photographer, and paperboy.

But Titor's prophecy seems to be that the general public would gradually become aware, in 2004, of government abuses, including unjustified home searches and shootouts with citizens. On the other hand, if the news is being suppressed, it could mean that the government knows from Titor's posts not to allow publicity for other Wacos.

I was thinking the same thing about Ruby Ridge type events that could be happening deep into the countryside where the events are being concealed.
If the news is being suppressed just because the Govt is following Titor's posts, then doesn't that mean our timeline has drastically changed? Just my thought.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by DWOMT+Nov 9 2004, 11:08 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Paul J. Lyon@Nov 9 2004, 04:31 PM
It's easier for the news about some Waco type events to be lost or suppressed, because some of them are actually more Ruby Ridge-type events instead: way out in the boonies, a couple of people in a cabin get gunned down in cold blood by law enforcement.? The nearest TV camera is hundreds of miles away perhaps; the local paper has one reporter, who's also the editor, photographer, and paperboy.

But Titor's prophecy seems to be that the general public would gradually become aware, in 2004, of government abuses, including unjustified home searches and shootouts with citizens.? On the other hand, if the news is being suppressed, it could mean that the government knows from Titor's posts not to allow publicity for other Wacos.

I was thinking the same thing about Ruby Ridge type events that could be happening deep into the countryside where the events are being concealed.
If the news is being suppressed just because the Govt is following Titor's posts, then doesn't that mean our timeline has drastically changed? Just my thought.
[snapback]14676[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

It is a strange game. Consider the scenario in which the government wants you to believe that a time traveler is predicting Waco events so that you will not be paying attention to an equivalent kind of atrocity.

Also, consider that Titor is a complete hoax. I know, I know, but it's possible. Now consider that it is a government hoax, and that actual time travelers are effectively ignored and their missions wrecked because everyone looks to Titor.

Now consider that he is a hoax and that there are no time travelers because time travel is absolutely impossible.

This last scenario is the least likely.

CaryP

Now consider that he is a hoax and that there are no time travelers because time travel is absolutely impossible.

This last scenario is the least likely.

Paul,

You a believer pal? Just curious.

Cary