multi-verse may be here sooner than anyone thought..

Kairos

The math of quantum physics don't really say anything in this regard. It's how you interpret things that matters. Any interpretation that involves a multiverse violates parsimony in practically an infinity of ways. Aristotle figured it out generally thousands of years ago when he postulated act and potency.

Harte

yes that's it exactly ole man
yeah that's pretty much what I thought when I read it .. but the whole math thing is just not my idea of fun . I am just glad to know the numbers say it can, and so it most likely will happen in the not to distant future . I really would like to retire to the early 1920's ..
Ah, the good old days - when shit flowed in the streets and typhoid was just a breath away.
Not to worry, they would cure you with a series of bleedings.

Myself, I'd go further back - to a time when you could get a haircut and major surgery at the same shop - in the same chair.

Now THAT's multitasking!

Harte

TimeFlipper

Yes Hartey, the Delta Time Generator ive written about several times on Paranormalis is based upon electron tunnelling :cool:..

Kairos

I was replying to @Harte comment about electron tunnelling, not your statement.

I was replying to Harte's statement that the concept of tunneling has anything to do with what I said about the mathematics saying anything at all about there existing multiple universes.

Dalet

This door is now closed.
I just assume that there are alternate worlds - in much the same way that I assume that water has a rather damp quality to it. And I believe that there are at least four paths between these worlds: Memory, Imagination, Dreams, and Visions.

Let's start with Memory. None of us, even those who purport to have an eidetic memory, are truly able to recall the past as it actually occurred. There are, in all cases, gaps and distortions in our accounting of events. However, given an infinity of parallel worlds, there is a history which perfectly resembles our recollection of it. Since practically everyone has the capacity to remember, memory is the most common pathway to a parallel universe - a universe where things occurred exactly how you remember them. Journeys down this pathway may be responsible for instances of the so-called "Mandela Effect".

Imagination is the second pathway to a parallel world. Most of us are able to imagine a world which is better, or worse, or just plain different from our own. Those worlds exist, and the fact that we are able to imagine them is, if not proof, then at least a rather strong argument in favor of their existence, subjectively speaking. Every novel should have a preface which reads "The following is a true story because, In a parallel universe, the following events really happened".

The third pathway is Dreaming. There are two major types of dream, insofar as dreaming is a pathway to an alternate world. An Ordinary Dream is a dream in which events occur in much the same way they do in our waking world. An Abstract Dream is a dream in which the physical laws of time and space are much different than those to which we are accustomed. Both of these types of dreams, from the most mundane to the most bizarre, are snippets of your consciousness which was present for a time in an alternate world, inhabiting (or, rather, co-habiting with) your alternate self. Lucid dreaming, directed dreaming, astral projection, and near-death experiences are all forms of dreaming.

Visions are the fourth pathway to a parallel world, and differs from the others because it originates from a consciousness outside of our own. In the cases of memory, imagination and dreaming, we are the ones who are exploring the bits and pieces of alternate existence. It is always ourselves at the center. The three other paths are our way of sensing alternate worlds. For a moment, part of our consciousness is there. However, in a vision, an inhabitant of an alternate world is doing the same - using our senses to see our universe. As they do so, we share consciousness with them, thus they "speak" to us of their lives.

Now, the chilling thing is not that our alternate selves are responsible for our visions, but rather that we are responsible for theirs.

Last edited:

Harte

I was replying to Harte's statement that the concept of tunneling has anything to do with what I said about the mathematics saying anything at all about there existing multiple universes.
Didn't realize you were being specific to the "multiverse" idea. Sorry.

I had earlier been addressing the fact that Physics has no barriers to time travel.

Harte

Kairos

Didn't realize you were being specific to the "multiverse" idea. Sorry.

I had earlier been addressing the fact that Physics has no barriers to time travel.

Harte

Yeah, I don't think it does either. But I am not certain you can go backwards.