My Multiverse Resonator

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Einstein as you have made the mvr do you have the parts list for it? I'm thinking of making it

I never had a list of parts. All I had to go by was the schematic. But the components in the schematic were very straight forward. The capacitor value is 1 uf @ 250 volts. I used K&S copper sheet for the pyramid. I remember using tin snips to cut the copper sheets. It was time consuming. I have the big size Weller soldering gun. It takes a lot of heat to melt the solder onto the copper joints. Nowadays the small butane torch might be a better tool to use. If you have the patience and the skill to make the copper pyramid, then the rest of the project is easy. Also when choosing switches, make sure they are rated for at least 10 amps @ 120 volts. The magnet and the time coils are the same as the ones used with the HDR.

MVR2.jpg

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The schematic showed the symbol for an electrolytic cappy mate...im very pleased you corrected it :)

Actually when I first read the schematic, I thought the value was for a 1000 uf capacitor. So I had installed that one as an electrolytic. But that size is too big. It caused the electromagnet to get hot real fast. It turns out the value in the schematic matches exactly with what is printed on the Radio Shack metal film capacitor. Which by the way is the same capacitor that is used in the HDR too. So I guess Gibbs isn't too familiar with the proper nomenclature to use when making schematics.

TimeFlipper

Well done Einstein good work :)
The schematic showed the symbol for an electrolytic cappy mate...im very pleased you corrected it :)

Actually when I first read the schematic, I thought the value was for a 1000 uf capacitor. So I had installed that one as an electrolytic. But that size is too big. It caused the electromagnet to get hot real fast. It turns out the value in the schematic matches exactly with what is printed on the Radio Shack metal film capacitor. Which by the way is the same capacitor that is used in the HDR too. So I guess Gibbs isn't too familiar with the proper nomenclature to use when making schematics.

Well done Einstein good work :)