My Multiverse Resonator

TimeFlipper

Cheers Prof, and the three of us know why tubes are better than semiconductors for several applications, did you or Einstein ever come across those "tube chips" that Akai were making a few years back?

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
"tube chips" that Akai were making a few years back -
Not sure of the item or may call it by another name in the USA.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Cheers Prof, and the three of us know why tubes are better than semiconductors for several applications, did you or Einstein ever come across those "tube chips" that Akai were making a few years back?

So far I haven't found any info that suggests this went any further than initial talks about the concept. I was curious to see if there was any silicon technology combined with tube technology. Nothing found. So far the Russians have us beat with superior jet fighters using tubes instead. Their fighters will still fly after an EMP burst. Ours wont because of the solid state silicon technology we use.

However I did find an excellent article to read about combining silicon technology with tube technology to create some really high bandwidth devices.

Introducing the Vacuum Transistor: A Device Made of Nothing - IEEE Spectrum

TimeFlipper

The tube chips would easily be seen by a small bubble on the end of a chip..this was where the vacuum process would draw out all the air within the chip and then seal it...Germanium was put into the chip along with Silicon, the Germanium giving the chip greater durabilty and heat exposure plus lower bandwidth (Akai were putting these tube chips into their audio manufacturing for lower end enhancement)....If you recall in the late 1990s the price of Germanium shot up dramatically due to use of it in semiconductors, but there has always been a longevity problem with Germaniun...after about 25 years it starts sprouting "whiskers" that short out the leads coming from the semiconductors!!

Yes those pesky Russians are using tubes, which will give them a lesser chance of being affected by an EMP strike, and i reckon all of their electronic equipment is shielded better too..Anyway here is a classic Russian song..Oh and the guy never sang in any of this bands songs, it was the bands manager! lol :D

Multiverse sans

The multiverse is full of wonders but even different people when traveling to it, but there are dangerous people out into the multiverse and it can be fun but dangerous for travelers.

Himalayan Hermit

I wonder if Einstein did anything with his MVR? Also, am I correct in understanding that it's a HDR that does not require one to go out and find Vortex as Gibbs said? So, any results? BTW, I also remember that Gibbs has said repeatedly to not try artificial vortex with HDR, but not sure if it applies to this machine..

Yes, I have a Multiverse Resonator. It's really just a Hyper Dimensional Resonator built into a copper pyramid. I built it so long ago, I don't exactly remember when. But I never completed it until recently. The problem was the time coils. Consulting with HDRKid helped me resolve that problem. Apparently the time coils are to be made with guitar cord. But in the original schematic it says to use blue phone cord. Blue phone cord didn't work because the wires were so fine, the connections easily broke. So my Multiverse Resonator has been sitting in my closet all these years unfinished. But just recently I decided to make a Hyper Dimensional Resonator. So now I have a completed HDR with the electromagnet and time coils. But the HDR doesn't seem to me to be performing as it should. So I decided to connect the electromagnet and the time coils to my Multiverse Resonator to see how it performs with the copper pyramid construction. So everything was connected. I turned on the power and BANG! I had to think quick. I pulled the cord. Then I realized what happened. The electromagnet had pulled a few of the tools on my work bench toward it, making a very startling sound. This electromagnet seems to be just as powerful as a large neodymium magnet I happen to own. A warning comes with my neodymium magnet. It says the magnet is strong enough to break the bones in my hand if I sould get in the way of something being attracted to the magnet. Well it looks like I now own an electromagnet that is just as dangerous. I measured the amperage used by the electromagnet when plugged into the Multiverse Resonator. 6.25 amps. That is way more than it should be drawing. I don't understand why just yet. I'm not quite ready to admit the the copper pyramid is causing the boost in current consumption. So I will be doing some experiments to see if I can figure out whats going on. But I did a comparison amperage draw with my HDR. It uses the same electrical circuit. But only draws about a third of an amp. Now I think that is too low. So currently I've looked over the construction of both machines and I did find something odd. The diodes in the Multiverse Resonator look like Radio Shack diodes. But the part numbers on the diodes indicate they are not. So it might be the diodes that are causing the big difference in the electromagnets performance. Today I made a trip down to an electronics surplus store and got a hold of some diodes very similar to what is in the Multiverse Resonator. I plan to put these diodes in my HDR just to see if I can up the current used by the electromagnet. Well I made a video for everyone to see my new electromagnet hooked up to my Multiverse Resonator.

What does this MVR do, exactly?