My son heard me tell him to come downstairs, but I wasn't home!

cmac

My son heard me tell him to come downstairs, but I wasn't home!

I was taking my son to school this morning so he could lift weights. As we approached the school, he said, “Oh, I almost forgot. Yesterday when you were gone, I was upstairs and I heard you say, Alex, come down here!” He said that it was my voice that he heard, he had no doubt. He said that he came downstairs, thinking that I must have gotten home or something. He said that it sounded like I was sitting in the recliner, that I normally am sitting in, and that was where the sound seem to him to have come from. He was surprised to see that I wasn’t there in the recliner, and he went walking around the house to find me, and then he found that my truck wasn’t home, and I was no where to be found. I asked him if he was certain that it was my voice and he said that it definately was my voice, it wasn’t someone elses.

This is a strange event no doubt. This is just a few weeks after the disembodied voice that my daughter and I heard, but this saga goes much deeper than these two events. This has happened to all of us in my family, where we hear the voice of one another, but that person isn’t home. This is the first time it has happened at this current house that we've lived in the past 2 years. It happened to all of us at our last home.

Numerous times I would be in the basement of our old house, on the computer and I would hear my wife holler downstairs for me. I would go upstairs, and no one was home! It even went as far a couple of times where I heard the entry door open on the main floor above me, and I would hear feet shuffling across the entry way, and the door closing, as if my whole family was home. Then I wouldn’t hear anything more, no footsteps across the floors of the house like they had come on in. Which I would immediately question, like “What the heck? Why aren’t they walking across the floor?” It was as if they had come in the front door, and then just stood there not moving. Then I would go upstairs, and no one was home. I remember one time I was so convinced that my wife had come in the front door, to carry in groceries, which she would do sometimes instead of bringing them through the garage door. I was so convinced she had been home, that when I saw her, I asked if she had been home about 15 minutes ago and then left again. That to me was what had to have happened. She said, “No, why?” And I told her that I swore that I heard her come in the front door, and then nothing more. You get used to someone’s distinct sound of how they come in a door, and their footsteps and such. It sounded just like it was her coming in, but no one was there.

So one day I came home, and my wife told me that she was on the computer downstairs and she heard me open up the door at the top of the steps and call her name out. After a few minutes she came upstairs, and no one was home. This spooked her a bit, and she asked me about it when I got home. I said, “Nope, I just got home. That’s weird!” Our son says that the same type of things happened to him, his bedroom was downstairs, and he said that numerous times he was downstairs and would hear either my wife or I call for him, then he would come upstairs, and no one was home. I’m pretty certain of this as well, that he says he would hear us come in the front door , he would hear footsteps, and the door open and close, and then it got quiet, so he would check it out, and we weren’t there.

After the first few times of these things happening, it definitely made me wonder what was going on, but I didn’t think much about them, I was just confused. Generally there would be large gaps of time between the occurrences, so you don’t think much about them because of that I guess, you just sort of forget about it. But when this happens so many times, and now it has happened at our new house, it really gets my mind stirring about what is going on here. We aren’t hearing someone else coming into the house, or calling for us, we are hearing the actual sounds and voices of people in our family. I’ve heard my wife, she has heard me, our son heard my voice, so what is going on here? I was contemplating this just a few minutes ago. It seems in every case that one of us has been alone in the house, and the party that they heard, they were expecting them home at any moment. Then it seems like about 10 minutes sometimes more after hearing them and no one was there, that the person or people do actually return home.

It is like an anticipation of them coming home or something. Maybe a subconscious worry or something about them returning, or someone is feeling lonely or scared at home by themselves. I just don't know. I haven't come across this type of thing before. I wondered about it being some kind of residual energy at first. Maybe something that builds up in the matter of the house or the walls or something. But it doesn’t seem to be a residual effect. Maybe a residual energy together with the anticipation in our minds that someone will be returning soon. It seems to be the person we anticipate returning home, it is that person’s voice that we hear or the their particular footsteps that we hear coming in the door.

I believed that my wife and kids were going to be home soon, and then what I hear is them all returning home, coming in the door, and the distinct sound they normally make coming in the door. When I’ve known my wife will be returning home before long, I’ve heard her call downstairs for me. She knew I was coming home, and she heard me call downstairs to her. My son yesterday believed that I would likely be home before long, and he heard me call for him. Very strange indeed. I don’t know that I’ve heard or seen other reports of this type of thing, but I have to believe if it is happening to us, that it happens to other people as well.

I have to wonder if it is some type of strong premonition that somehow we are manifesting on our own. My whole family is very intuitive, maybe that is why this is occurring. I’m searching, trying to look for all possibilities to narrow this down. After this last event, I know without a doubt it is occurring. All doubt and trying to just write it off as before, is gone. So what is happening here? I won’t stress about it, but it really makes me wonder.

Sarah

I've been having this same problem. Only my family only hears ME when I'm not there. I'm shaken about what's happening.
Earlier this year in February, my mother texted me while I was at school.
"Are you home? Did you just leave home?"
I answered, "No... I left an hour ago. I have class."
"That's so odd. Your brother and I were watching a movie in the livingroom when we heard YOU in your room screaming 'F*CK' at the top of your lungs."

This was the only incident that happened for a while. I had moved out of the house a few months ago. I came back last night to visit. I was about to go into my room when my brother stopped me, saying "Sarah. Don't go into your room, dude."
"Um... why?"
"There's something in there. Like not your ferrets... Something... Something like an entity."
I asked him more about it. He told me that for the past couple nights my door had been slamming (they lock it to keep the dogs out). His room is right next to mine, so he practically gets front row seats for this stuff. He told me that most recently, he awoke to a HUGE, loud GROWL and right after my door slammed once again. The dogs were in his room and they immediately started freaking out -- barking, growling, whining.
So I got pretty damn freaked out. But my brother likes to tell stories. The growl that woke him could have been the dogs reacting to some distant siren. But what about my door slamming? My door doesn't SLAM. I've tried before, but it's stopped by this "air cushion" as I call it because my door is so light.
I go to my mother's bedroom to ask her about it. She doesn't freak me out about stuff unless it's true. I ask her about my door slamming and the dogs barking. I expected her to react by saying my brother was just freaking out over nothing.
But she didn't. She told me, "Yes.. Your door has been slamming. And, I don't know if it was just me half asleep, but I heard you scream at the top of your lungs in your room."
I told her about my door not even being able to be slammed because it's so light. She agreed with me on this; she said she's aware that my door can't slam and make such a loud noise. But that didn't stop it from slamming before.

I don't know what to make of this. The only conclusion I drew was that it was the door. I know it's a stretch, but when my brother was young he screwed with a lot of stuff like Quija boards. My door used to be his as well; he drew some alchemy circles on it because he liked the show "Fullmetal Alchemist" on adult swim. So I don't know.

But I believe your story. It's happening to me as well. Does anybody have any answers to what's happening in my mother's house?

cmac

Here is a link to a blog with a very similiar story to the 2 shared above. Until I found this story shared on this blog, I'd never heard of anyone else experiencing this type of phenomena before. I guess it is weirdly comforting that others have experienced this as well, other than my own family. Here is the link if anyone wants to check out this other story: http://from-the-shadows.blogspot.com/2010/06/voices-not-his-own.html

x-Treme

I have a daughter that has similar experiences. She has been having it since the death of her grandmother...nearly three years ago.
We live in a two story house with the bedrooms and bathroom on the top level. There are times when she is too frightened to go to the washroom by herself. Other times, she has no fear at all.
At first, we suspected that it was just her imagination. Soon to be a teenager, we blamed it on hormones, puberty, and all the changes the body experiences because of it.
But as of late, we have been hearing the scattered unexplained noise from time to time ourselves. All noises being heard seems to come from upstairs. We have went searching for such noises (sometimes being whisper type voices) but have turned up nothing.

Swift

Wow, this is the first time I've read about something like this. This is really weird, I'd be a bit shaken up about it as well.

Lord Roco

This, as I belive, is very common phenomenon, curretly we have know fully credited statements to proove this, because its a very common phenomenon and most of you might have heard this

One logical reason behind this is the techtorial membrane of the cohlea of our ears float to bring neuron interactions and send signals to brain for identifying sound, with time, some may temporarily loos the functional capabilities and may send wrong braisn to signals, which the brain inerprets in its own way, the most common being your name

v0rx

When I was younger, I can remember sometimes hearing my mother call my name, or really just say anything when she was home, or was all the way down stairs.

I've also heard my father say my name or something when he was asleep or wasn't home.

Lord Roco

When I was younger, I can remember sometimes hearing my mother call my name, or really just say anything when she was home, or was all the way down stairs.

I've also heard my father say my name or something when he was asleep or wasn't home.

See that, its a quite common phenomenon these days, which science having a 100% legit explanation, so its nothing to worry of