Nine years in a dream

Pegii

I hate to be annoying but 'dystopic'? That's not grammatically correct, should be dystopian :p
f1f4108002b5da5c868eaad5a51294986bcd47e50abb0849dc32b744bf24848b.jpg

the 14th doctor

9 years passed in the dream.

And it felt like 9 years or you just knew it was 9 years?
Both. It was fully experienced. It was so much fun. At times I was lucid and knew I wasn't in a physical place, but it didn't feel like a dream. I was there. And I certainly wasn't alone. There's a feeling you get when someone is near you, and you just know it. If you close your eyes when they are near you, you can feel them. Most of the time when I see people in my dreams I don't get this feeling. But this one was different. I felt the presence of my friends. And these weren't friends I have in my waking reality. These are people who were brought together in the dream and spent 9 years with each other.
"these weren't friends i have in my waking reality." in some cases, reality is just a dream, and in others dreams are reality that hasn't happened yet... (visions of the future )

TimeFlipper

Hi and welcome to the 14th doctor :)
Its good to see you joining in so soon, and i look forward to many more postings from you :)

the 14th doctor

If you've lived and experienced an extra 9 years of life in one night then you are a very lucky man indeed.

Reminds me of the Star Trek episode where Picard is touched by the prope and in an instant he is transformed and is living on a different World that he can't escape from, he has a family grows old and dies but when he does die he is instantly returned to the Enterprise at the point from which he left but he still retains the memories, experiences of his other life.

To be given 'extra' time would be a blessing.
i really agree with you. but only if you can experience the afterlife. if only for a few short seconds, it would spare you the guessing of whats really out there in terms of the correct religion for your life to follow. then and only then in my opinion, can it be a real blessing

the 14th doctor

Were there any calenders in your dream to show you 9 different years, or did you celebrate 9 birthdays? :D
That's an interesting point. There were no acknowledgement of birthdays, holidays, or anything like that. There was a clock on the wall in one of the buildings, but I rarely looked at it. We counted time relative to when we arrived. There was day and night. We slept and woke.
what was your job during those 9 years? were you on welfare or doing a job that would pique your interests, on a boring job or never moving your lazy dream bum out of your parents basement?

tflofasho

I wish the past 8 years of my life was a dream and that I'm still in the hospital room after convulsing from the medication needed to sedate me.

But still... these dreams are interesting to say the least... i'm probably still dreaming and hoping it's 2008 still.