Patriot Act type legislation

CaryP

Re: Patriot Act type legislation

All I can say is if Alberto Gonzales is foaming at the mouth for it, I'm against it. Excellent post Zoomerz. You said it for me.

Cary

Zoomerz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"CaryP\")</div>
All I can say is if Alberto Gonzales is foaming at the mouth for it, I'm against it. ?Excellent post Zoomerz. ?You said it for me.

Cary[/b]

My humble apologies to everyone. In a former post on another thread I cited the fact that no U.S. citizen's constitutional rights had been violated. I retract that statement. This woman's rights certainly have been, whether she's a murderer or not.

Keep a close eye on your 5yo's. They could be in for big trouble if they're caught stealing candy from the corner gas station.....

On the serious side, I have an idea for a new communications product. What about a *word* filter the average citizen can attach to his/her phone, that automatically squelches potentially incriminating conversation! Just an idea :)

Tks Cary.

Z-

StarLord

Ahem, exsqueeze me but, has anybody wondered what was stuffed into the 'other' 2,900 pages of this illustrious bill? You know how congress is always about saving time, money, effort, paper, wasted days on actually voting on other hidden agenda that just piddles away taxpayers money..........

Knowing them and their antics, I just can't see 3000 + pages about one little bitty bill.

optimist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Ahem, exsqueeze me but, has anybody wondered what was stuffed into the 'other' 2,900 pages of this illustrious bill? You know how congress is always about saving time, money, effort, paper, wasted days on actually voting on other hidden agenda that just piddles away taxpayers money..........
?
Knowing them and their antics, ?I just can't see 3000 + pages about one little bitty bill.[/b]

The text of the act is supposedly posted at the Patriot Act website "lifeandliberty.gov" (cringe) if you want to try to make your way through it. God knows what all they've got in there, and of course none of the congress members who voted for it read it before they did.

Should the whole thing be junked? I don't really know, not having read the whole behemoth. I do think that the people who are lobbying to purge the unconstitutional parts of the act are on the right track.

I think JT said something like their new constitution made it a lot harder to pass legislation which seems like an excellent idea to me.

StarLord

See what happens when you go screwing around with something that isn't broken? Why fix it if it already works? Serves them right.