Phoenix Mars lander

kcwildman

Beastmaster
Re: Phoenix Mars Lander

yeh I keep remembering the roadrunner cartoon and all the problems with the Acme rockets used to chase him. every time I see my kids watching that cartoon, I always laugh and say there goes NASA. I get realy mean looks from them over that. but there young and haven't yet discovered all the lies they been told. at 12 yrs old I just can't be mean enough to pop that bubble for them. maybe at 16 let them be kids and have there dreams.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

All right, something interesting here.
Welcome to OpenFuelResource.com
lg_1044_SuperSized.jpg

I don't know what it is, but it looks pretty strange on a picture taken on Mars. Some say it's a gastroppod fissil http://www.indiana.edu/~librcsd/etext/hoosier/PA-14.html

It could be a junk lost by the lander.
These pictures in the link were taken to check if the lander was ok.

Num7

Num7

Administrator
Staff

LOL that's right, it looks like it !

Breaking News: They have cable on Mars, confirmed live by Nasa.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

...It's not normal to get all this strange stuff in those pictures. Statues, objects, strange stones, blur in the pictures, etc.

They're definately hiding something.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

nah ya think????
it couldn't be a fake, could it NASA would never do that, there on our side rite

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Some say the whole Phoenix mission is fake. I don't think so, but they're hiding stuff.
It's like for the moon landing, some say it's fake, but I can hardly believe it.

Num7

kcwildman

Beastmaster

well I haven't closed the book yet, but I will say. it don't look good for NASA this time either. theres just too many things out of place.
it is starting to look like another con is being pulled off. but why?? for what purpose?? just another distraction????? somethin aint rite here:eek:

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Today, June 10, 2008 1:07 a.m. EST
Phoenix Mars Lander Struggles To Get Soil Samples Onboard
Nidhi Sharma - AHN News Writer
Cape Canaveral, Fl (AHN) - Nearly two weeks after its historic landing, scientists operating the U.S. Mars probe Phoenix are still trying to deliver a soil sample into one of the instruments, mission scientists said Monday.

The first attempt to deliver the Martian soil to the Thermal and Evolved-Gas Analyzer (TEGA) took place Saturday. The instrument is designed to heat up soil samples in its eight tiny ovens and analyze the composition of the vapors that come off of it. A camera on Phoenix continues to image the area close to the spacecraft to extend scientists' knowledge of the landing area and work sites.

Though images relayed back to Earth showed the dirt sitting on top of TEGA, detectors inside the instrument indicated that none of the soil particles had fallen through the screen at the entrance to the oven.

According to scientists, the soil could be clumping together for several reasons, including the presence of salts that bind the material together or moisture in the soil that developed during landing and cemented the particles together. These factors, combined with the large amount of dirt delivered to the instrument, seem to be keeping the sample from getting in the oven for heating.

The heating of the samples in the soil is important to shed light on some of the materials in the soil, specifically those formed by the process of liquid water.
On Monday, mission controllers said they will use the vibrator attached to TEGA to try to loosen the soil clumps and get the sample into the oven. However, if this plan does not work, scientists have worked out another option that they call "sprinkling," which will lower the scoop at the end of the robotic arm until it is almost level to put the soil sample inside TEGA.
Phoenix Mars Lander Struggles To Get Soil Samples Onboard | AHN | June 10, 2008