Scalar Antenna

Martian

Nothing. It is an offshoot circuit design from a slayer exciter coil. Just 12 volt car battery as the power source. It is self starting once power is supplied. I just used a 555 timer to produce square waves dumped into the primary with no restriction on the current draw.
I tried making a slayer exciter once, but it didn't work. :(

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I tried making a slayer exciter once, but it didn't work. :(

Mine was basically a feedback loop circuit. I had failures at first. But I discovered the circuit needs enough capacitance to start. My physical proximity to the circuit was actually part of the circuit. Once I discovered that bit of info, the design definitely sped up. The thing I liked about this circuit is it is low voltage. Nothing on the primary side will hurt you.

TimeFlipper

Mine was basically a feedback loop circuit. I had failures at first. But I discovered the circuit needs enough capacitance to start. My physical proximity to the circuit was actually part of the circuit. Once I discovered that bit of info, the design definitely sped up. The thing I liked about this circuit is it is low voltage. Nothing on the primary side will hurt you.
You basically have a type of Theramin machine, such as the one used in that great song from the Beach Boys, Good Vibrations..The finest use of controlled physical Capacitance :cool:..

Martian

What gauge of wire & how many turns did you use? :)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
What gauge of wire & how many turns did you use? :)

On the primary I used 3 turns of 10 AWG insulated electrical wire. On the secondary I used 32 AWG magnet wire. I wound it to 15 inches on a 16 inch PVC pipe. Here is a Pic of the coils I built. It was an experiment to check out left hand turn and right hand turn coils.

100-0458.jpg

Also a circuit schematic. The center Mosfet was used as a control to turn the coil on and off externally. I used it in sequence with 4 coils to create a rotating Tesla coil field.

TM-Pulse-SSTC.jpg

Martian

On the primary I used 3 turns of 10 AWG insulated electrical wire. On the secondary I used 32 AWG magnet wire. I wound it to 15 inches on a 16 inch PVC pipe. Here is a Pic of the coils I built. It was an experiment to check out left hand turn and right hand turn coils.

100-0458.jpg

Also a circuit schematic. The center Mosfet was used as a control to turn the coil on and off externally. I used it in sequence with 4 coils to create a rotating Tesla coil field.

TM-Pulse-SSTC.jpg
It may just be a problem with my connection, but I'm currently unable to see the pictures. It just shows image filenames in plaintext. I do appreciate the explanation, though. :)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
It may just be a problem with my connection, but I'm currently unable to see the pictures. It just shows image filenames in plaintext. I do appreciate the explanation, though. :)

Try your backup browser, or past the link into your address bar. It appears censorship is becoming more widespread.

Hey, I just checked in again and noticed the same problem you had. I reloaded the page and my pics loaded properly. I wonder if anyone else is noticing pic links that don't load.

Last edited:

Martian

Try your backup browser, or past the link into your address bar. It appears censorship is becoming more widespread.

Hey, I just checked in again and noticed the same problem you had. I reloaded the page and my pics loaded properly. I wonder if anyone else is noticing pic links that don't load.
I figured it out. I just had to right click the image filenames, click "copy link location", & paste it into another tab. :)

Those are some really nice looking coils. :eek: Did you wind them by hand? Also, the circuit you made is different from what I used. I was using something from here: How to Build a Slayer Exciter

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I figured it out. I just had to right click the image filenames, click "copy link location", & paste it into another tab. :)

Those are some really nice looking coils. :eek: Did you wind them by hand? Also, the circuit you made is different from what I used. I was using something from here: How to Build a Slayer Exciter

It's been so long now since I came up with that circuit, I don't remember the details of where I got the idea. Probably a mix and match design using high power MosFets. I noticed the main component in the diagram is a MosFet driver chip. This coil makes an electrical field that electrifies every piece of metal in the room. If you touch any metal at all, you get a small burn where your skin turns to ash. Here is a pic of my homemade coil winding jig:

100-0439.jpg