Scalar Antenna

TimeFlipper

have to match the scalar antenna impedance to the cb radio antenna impedance.
if you don't, can cause too much a current to be pulled through the circuit or too little and it won't function properly

so what is your scalar coil impedance?
Why dont you tell our member what the scalar coil impedance will be when the output from the CB transmiter is 50 ohms into the resonant antenna?..

NaturalPhilosopher

depends on the coil design

since caduceus wound coils have very few windings the impedance is low.
so this will cause an issue.

he'll might have to wire in parallel a ballast to get it to work.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

depends on the coil design

since caduceus wound coils have very few windings the impedance is low.
so this will cause an issue.

he'll might have to wire in parallel a ballast to get it to work.
You seem to be lost for words NP, which is very unlike you, where are all the elegant explanations you come up with?...Obviously you are unable to answer my question, but why did you ask our member Mullac, "what is your scalar coil impedance", when you cant explain it yourself? :D..

Noah_A_S

you tell me...what's it's impedance per linear foot.
Umm, you guys do know that impedance is just another word for hindrance.

While I'm at it I might as well post this:
because you might as well be using a higher voltage version of one of these toys you can find in a toy shop online or in person. I know this because I saw one in a toy shop as a kid when I was at the Ceaser's Palace Mall in Las Vegas, as a child. I got to hold one of these toys. They're really cool. But the one in the picture seems higher voltage.

But I can't figure out why @NaturalPhilosopher is so cocky over having posted the image. It's not like you accomplished anything. Unless you build it, in which case, good job, I guess? Did you build it? And if so, yay?

Martian

No worries, ive been involved with transmitters and receivers for over 60 years now and blown up a few them along the way, but thats how we learn..
Below is a photo of an identical low power amateur radio transmitter and its power supply i owned in the early 1960s when i was being a naughty boy and "pirating" on their wavebands, it was called the Minimitter top 2 to seven...I tuned it up by using the small bulb from out of my bicycle lamp in line with my external antenna, the brighter it got the more resonant it became with the antenna :D..
I'm sorry if I sounded disrespectful, rude, or otherwise like an idiot last night. :D I mean well, but I don't always express it well. lol

I know you're far more experienced with radio stuff than I am, and I respect that. In fact, I'm sure I could learn a lot from you. :)

The point I unsuccessfully attempted to convey was that of software defined radio.

Basically, it lets one write a computer program to do what was once implemented entirely in hardware. With firmware, you can even generate & modulate the signals if you want to. I don't know how long it's been around, but it makes a lot of sense to me. :) You see, it's far easier for me to write software than to design hardware, though I can do both. It saves time, money, & makes things less complex, reducing component count. Fewer hardware components means fewer potential points of failure. :geek:

Anyway, for a more general purpose implementation, I would suggest the HackRF One.

It's half duplex, though.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

Also, I don't want to hijack the thread, since it's supposed to be about scalar waves. :)

mullac998

quiz time...
anyone know what that is?
you tell me...what's it's impedance per linear foot.
You're funny you act smart by post an image which is meant to throw people off then say quiz time... but anyone can tell you that's a tesla coil with plasma globe on top anyone can tell you by supplying high voltage current with a partial vacuum inside the globe which means it has very little air which means when supplying high voltage current into the tesla plasma globe makes it easier to make electric sparks and I bet you have a coil of wires inside the globe so by supplying electrons to the coil of wires on the inside oscillating at high frequencies it causes atoms to shake making them lose their electrons. so by charging the tesla coil with high voltage then by attaching the copper wire to a coil of wire on the inside you charge the coil on the inside which then loses them electrons then the coil on inside will start to ionize the air creating plasma