Seeing the future while sleeping

XDrFirefly

Re: Seeing the future while sleeping

Fatpot,
From time to time I have dreams of people weeks, months, years before i meet them. Now, you and think of that in a few different ways. I'm i searching for these people? I dont know if Im?

I'm not one of the people who has dreams of events. My future is seen by seeing people and dates.

I dont know if i can say I see aura, I'd say I can more likely feel, or even taste aura. I feel aura from people, like shaking hands. Tasting Aura is a little different. Like I always taste leaves, bark, or fruit. Another neat things is I can ask have the taste of someone aura if i kiss them... Ok well sorry to get so far from the post...

Dr FF

Tenshi

It might have just been a strange dream. Some people do have weird dreams sometimes.

StarLord

How do we know if your day to day life is actually not the dream state?

XDrFirefly

All that we see or seem is nothing but a dream withing a dream.

-- E.A. Poe, "A Dream Within a Dream"

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
-- E.A. Poe

Chadwick

I used to get deja vu all the time while i was a child in grade school. There wasn't a day that went by without me feeling like i have experienced something simmlar to what was going on during that day. Sometimes it would happen to be a deja vu in a deja vu which really made me start thinking about these events. I have since then come to a rough conclusion that i've been getting these preminations in my sleep, in dreams. This is, i think, only a rough idea of how i get them.

Since high school i've been experienceing less and less of them. THe most recent must have been a week ago, i was in the car with some freinds and we were pulling up to a intersection and i had, what i can only describe as a flash or wave of deja vu. In it i saw almost the same thing that was already going on, but we had another freind in the car, this lasted about a minute or two. Then afterwards i commented on it like i usually do. And then thought to myself what if i called this other friend of mine and see what they were doing.. maybe it was a sign that they should be with us. But i didn't which i regret, but didnt' call because of good reason i woudlnt' like to get in to.

A thing i would like to try figure out is how to get more of these experiences. I enjoy getting them, and i think that if i get more of them i could control them.

I could see this experience being a cross between two time streams. And since i was open to deja vu's i was the one that saw it. This would tie in to alot of the background thats happened with the freinds i was with and the friend that wasn't with us. Maybe the timeline i saw in the deja vu was the one that could have happen in this, but didnt'.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Fatpot\")</div>
dreams are weird eh? what exactly is the purpose of dreams?[/b]

I would have to say there are a few different 'functions' of the dream state

-A place where emotions as well as wants, desires and our 'dreams' are viewed and experienced in their primal states of being, something like a 'mixer' and certain situations areas 'tested' to see if that's something we really want.

-A place where we can experience part and possibly parcel any of the 'lessons' that are on our life syllabus, rather than disrupt our total life here in the day to day world.

- A place that can act much like a spring board for experiencing the Higher Planes of awareness.

optimist

I had one deja vu experience where I remembered the dream that fortold it. I lived in a dorm in my high school and one night we hung out in drinking beer in someone's dorm room. The next day, her mother was coming to visit (known to her but not to us) and flipped out because of all the empty cans, smelled like a brewery she said. We all got into really big trouble. There was a shown down with the mother and several of us who'd participated. As it was happening I remembered the dream, which was in black and white and abstract. The placement of people and objects in the dream were geometric shapes. But the emotions were quite exact.

I agree that dreams have several functions. I also feel that the fluid state of dreaming is closer to our true nature than the slow motion state of waking.

PSY101

I have got an excellent dream to share with you guys :grin:

It starts off with me being on a ship and the decking is not wood but grass and there are trees and waterfalls all over and I am with this faceless female person, who I am so desperately trying to see if there is a face!!

Anyway we are sitting at a table with all these people I have never met or seen before and then we decide to go for a walk. We get to some small stairs and as I walk down I see two women walking up, and as guys tend to do, I watch them walking up the stairs. As I look to the top of the stairs there is the faceless person staring at me with disgust (no face but expressions, how does that work?).

That is where the dream ends...

I wake up and am extremely upset that I had to end the dream that way. I then try to go back to sleep to see if I could try to relive the dream. Finally after about an hour I get tired and you're not gonna believe what happens next...I was able to start the dream EXACTLY where I left it!!! I was so happy for real and in my dream. I knew I was happy for real as I could feel my lips create a smile. (weird huh? :huh: )

As I kept on dreaming, my faceless person ran off in disgust with me and I chased her so that I could explain that it didn't mean anything by looking at those two girls. (any male been in this position before?:dry: )

Finally I caught up with her and we were in this kind of a church where there was a wedding going on and it was packed full of people. I found her on the other side of the entrance crying and I walked over to tell her that I still loved her and that I would never do it again. We were so loud that the entire reception had stopped to look at us (it was really amazing the vivid detail in this dream) and after that she forgave me and we kissed and the whole reception started clapping loudly, just like in the movies (now I know I was definitely dreaming at that point :p ).

After I had the dream I felt very strange that I might one day put a face to the person in my dream...and that day came when I found my one true love that I am now married to.

Now I didn't meet her on a ship, but the weirdest thing was that if I hadn't met her, she was about to get on a ship to work!!!:unsure:

MrCr0

I have deja vu all the time. Sometimes I can trace that deja back to dreams I've had in the past. 2 dreams in particular have an interesting thing about them.

The first notable one was the first dream I had in which I recognized that I could see the future while dreaming. what makes it interesting is that it is very vivid to me. I even remember what I thought in my dream. I realized that everything came true (even my thoughts and logic).

The second is different. The night before I had the dream I watched a tv show with a joke concept that I remembered. I think I may have kept that joke in mind before I fell asleep and dreamt. when I fell asleep my dream was oriented around the concept of that joke, but in a setting in the future. It was in a video game. It was a video game I didn't get until monthes later. I know that area in my dream is the same as in the actual game. Anyway, my thoughts were different than when I had the deja vu. I may have been lucid(aware that I was dreaming) in that dream also.

Judging from those dreams, I think that it is possible to have more than just prophetic dreams (like my 1st one). I think that you may be able to control where in the future you want to go, and that you can see and explore that future with thoughts from your present. In otherwords, I think that time traveling while sleeping is possible.