Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic Christian

when it is plainly apparent that we don't even know what we ourselves should be doing most of the time

I am not in that "we".

Do you not know what you should be doing most of the time?

Most do, but that does not mean we always do what we know we should do.

Doing the right think is hard sometimes, and I see many who try to help religions with logic, reason and morals get shit on.

Oh well. Nice that inquisitions are mostly passé.

Now it is mostly gays and women have to bear institutionalized directed religious hatred.

Regards
DL

Yeats

Like it or not, we are all fumbling around in the dark. We see a dim light over there, and we think it to be enough to completely enlighten us, but we are wrong. The light from a single candle does dispel some of the darkness, but not all. It takes the light from several candles to adequately illuminate our surroundings.

Yet, no matter how many candles we may use and no matter how well we may use them, there will always be shadows.

HDRKID

Hi Yeats:
I do agree. It is better to light one candle, than the darkness we curse.

Hi GC:
I do understand your hatred toward religion, because there is something about it that feels sinister or seems so. God is kind and loving and has compassion for us.

1 John 4:7-12

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

priest-gigapixel2.jpg

Wind7

Staff
candle-burning-candle.gif

Last edited:

Mayhem

Zenith
You have taken it to mean in a way to benefit your own argument again,

Respect
Respect other members and their beliefs, ideas, opinions at all times. We also expect members to be polite and courteous with one another. Aggression, disrespect, baiting, flaming, homophobia, racism, name calling (this includes calling people trolls or accusing them of trolling.), belittling, sarcasm, bullying, gossiping, and harassing/threatening are all unacceptable behaviour and will result in Disciplinary Action.

Status
Not open for further replies.