Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Num7

Administrator
Staff
It's interesting that you see the Jedi as the bad guys. I think most if not all Jedi were good. But I don't think the council worked well.

The council got corrupted and manipulated by the Sith and the Senate. They were able to use them like puppets.

In my understanding, didn't the Sith simply want to eliminate the Jedi and rule the galaxy, potentially all life? Was it their endgame?

I agree the separatists were right. They saw the Empire was coming. They must have thought the Jedi were bad guys. Don't know if they knew they were puppets.

OakFieldAlienz444

It's interesting that you see the Jedi as the bad guys. I think most if not all Jedi were good. But I don't think the council worked well.

The council got corrupted and manipulated by the Sith and the Senate. They were able to use them like puppets.

In my understanding, didn't the Sith simply want to eliminate the Jedi and rule the galaxy, potentially all life? Was it their endgame?

I agree the separatists were right. They saw the Empire was coming. They must have thought the Jedi were bad guys. Don't know if they knew they were puppets.

WHY I SAY THE JEDI ARE THE BAD GUYS:

The Sith and the Emperor did some very bad things but the evil emperor did not truly have an allegiance to any
party or side he was just playing them all off against each other and because the Jedi were SO incompetent
they allowed the corruption to take over that enabled the radical change in government to the third reich style emperor and the end of democracy. Incompetence breeds corruption and Hitler style dictators to begin with---Obi wan Kenobi was very deceptive and confusing to Luke, and I understand the argument of "vader is not the same guy as Anakin and he really did in a sense kill luke's father so kenobi didn't lie argument, but consider this:

The Jedi did not allow marriage for a long amount of time (they may have changed this not sure)

This caused Anakin to become resentful and hateful of the Jedi, due to the fact they did not
respect the relationship with his wife, fearing it would replace his responsibility to the Jedi.
Sound like a cult, yet?

Anakin was taken by the Jedi when he was just a small boy. The Sith sometimes do the same thing to children in the comics,
but who gave them the idea for this practice? Probly the gosh darned Jedi.

With nowhere to turn, and worries about his wife---why should Anakin have felt any sense of
duty or loyalty to the Jedi knowing they wouldn't help him.

AM I SAYING DARTH VADER (THE MOVIE DARTH VADER NOT ANY POSSIBLE REAL DARTH VADERS)
AM I SAYING THaT DARTH VADER IS GOOD IN THE MOVIES?
No. Far from it. He became an evil genocidal guy when he blew up his own sweet daughter
Leia's planet. Leia and Luke I believe were benevolant, possibly Yoda was a good guy too but Obi Wan
is a freakin' cult leader man. And he created Vader like a Frankenstein to ensure his little terrorist organization (i'm joking)
could keep getting funding.........from PALPATINE! my wild conspiracy theory.

Last edited:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Can't argue with that, you reasoning is sound to me. It all makes sense.

I hadn't noticed how deceptive Obi Wan was. That's pretty confusing. Like you said, he sounds like a cult leader at times!!

OakFieldAlienz444

did some very bad things but the evil emperor did not truly have an allegiance to any
party or side he was just playing them all off against each other and because the Jedi were SO incompetent
they allowed the corruption to take over that enabled the radical change in government to the third reich style emperor and the end of democracy. Obi wan Kenobi was very deceptive and confusing to Luke, and I understand the argument of "vader is not the same guy as Anakin and he really did in a sense kill luke's father so kenobi didn't lie argument, but consider this:

The Jedi did not allow marriage for a long amount of time (they may have changed this not sure)

This caused Anakin to become resentful and hateful of the Jedi, due to the fact they did not
respect the relationship with his wife, fearing it would replace his responsibility to the Jedi.
Sound like

Can't argue with that, you reasoning is sound to me. It all makes sense.

I hadn't noticed how deceptive Obi Wan was. That's pretty confusing. Like you said, he sounds like a cult leader at times!!

in the first star wars movie obi wan is a seemingly kind and wise and extremely likeable
old man who you might mistake for meeting God in heaven----but in reality many deceivers
are like this and if you look into his eyes it's less wise old man and more "guy taking off the mask
revealing a giant bug eyed octopus demon and announcing 'IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BWAHAHAHAHAAHAH!"
that's what Obi wan is. lol.

OakFieldAlienz444

Anakin could have left the Jedi just like his padawan Ahsoka did.

Anakin was a deeply flawed screwed up individual with out of control emotions,
which didn't fit with being a Jedi, so he should have got his shit together or left
the Jedi. He turned to Palpatine for help because he was the only one who
reached out--------but Palpatine was always way more evil than Anakin imo.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Let's face it, part of the plan or not, Palps had an absolute perfect timing. He seduced and manipulated Anakin at the bestest moment.

Like you guys said, yes, Anakin could have left the Jedi, but I don't think he would have left on his own...

I wonder if Obi Wan would have left him leave. What do you think? Would he have simply accepted it and encourage him to live his life outside of the order?

Also, I wonder what Anakin would have done if he left. Bounty hunter? Ninja defender of those in need?

OakFieldAlienz444

Like you guys said, yes, Anakin could have left the Jedi, but I don't think he would have left on his own...

I wonder if Obi Wan would have left him leave. What do you think? Would he have simply accepted it and encourage him to live his life outside of the order?

Also, I wonder what Anakin would have done if he left. Bounty hunter? Ninja defender of those in n

That would have been the ultimate test of whether Obi Wan is truly benevolant, if
he would have allowed Anakin to leave.

Considering Anakin was supposed to bring "balance" to the force, and was part
of some ancient Jedi prophecy? probly not. lol.