The HDR and alternate timelines

Curious_Girl98

I was a little disappointed after having found out that Steven Gibbs' HDR sends you to an alternate timeline and not our own timeline.... but I might buy it anyway because I heard the differences between the alternate line and our own are miniscule (just 2.5% different according to John Titor) (for example the site I was on said you may notice the price of eggs in the store are different if you look carefully, or maybe something like your neighbor's car is different or he has a different color house) If that's all then big whoop, no big deal! But when I get an HDR I want to try to go back in time to watch TV shows and Movies :p.... and I hope these shows and movies will have the same major actors/characters (minor actors/characters may be different, but I don't care about that). It would be cool if HDRKID could answer this, as he has probably gone to the past many times. But if you've gone to the past yourself with an HDR I'd love to here from you! :)

Himalayan Hermit

The tricky thing is return. I was never able to get an answer from Gibbs in flat terms. From what I understand after speaking to him and his interviews is this. If you make any changes whatsoever in the past, you get bumped to an alternate timeline and not return to your own. However, what is a change. Isn't your being there a change in itself?

Curious_Girl98

If you make any changes whatsoever in the past, you get bumped to an alternate timeline and not return to your own. However, what is a change. Isn't your being there a change in itself?
Well technically you're just an observer of the past.... I think. My idea of changing the past would be like going back and preventing JFK from being shot, or keeping Hitler from killing himself. If you succeed and JFK doesn't get killed, for example, the past is altered and the timeline splits in 2. Or if you go back and kill your Grandfather, would you then not exist? According to Steven Gibbs you still would because as soon as you kill your grandfather the timeline splits.... preventing the grandfather paradox and you would still exist on your own timeline.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
You're right Curious Girl, the difference between some timelines and ours may be so tiny that it's in some cases, negligible.

That being said, as HH said, the tricky thing is the return home. From what I know, what allows the HDR to make you move through time is a matter a frequency. Each timeline has its own frequency, etc. Our actual past/future have its own frequency, that is so similar to our present's frequency, that it makes it very to reach in the first place.

Once you're on another timeline, your body will lose its frequency tuning from the HDR after a short time (hours, days), and you'll slowly move back to your good old present, here-now. When it comes to our actual future/past, the future/past's frequency is so similar to ours, that it may be a problem to get your former body frequency back to return to our present. That's my understanding of it as of now.

Hope it makes sense.

Curious_Girl98

Thanks Numenorean! But can you choose when you want to come back to the present? You said your body will lose the frequency tuning from the HDR in some hours, or days, but what if you want to return to the present after only like 10 minutes in the past? Can you return whenever you want, even if it's before your body completely loses it's frequency tuning? Because when I use the HDR I just want to check the past out for a while, but I don't want to be there for hours or even days! :eek:

Samstwitch

Thanks Numenorean! But can you choose when you want to come back to the present? You said your body will lose the frequency tuning from the HDR in some hours, or days, but what if you want to return to the present after only like 10 minutes in the past? Can you return whenever you want, even if it's before your body completely loses it's frequency tuning? Because when I use the HDR I just want to check the past out for a while, but I don't want to be there for hours or even days! :eek:

Curious Girl, so do you actually have an HDR device? If so, have you time traveled with it?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I don't know that much details. It seems your body's frequency slowly gets back to its original frequency, I don't know if it's possible to control how long you'll stay there, IOW, I don't know if it's possible to have some kind of device that would reset your frequency, for example.

I guess such a device wouldn't be impossible at all. That makes me think of a local EMP that would make you pop back to the present.

Curious_Girl98

Curious Girl, so do you actually have an HDR device? If so, have you time traveled with it?
No I don't, but I'm planning on maybe buying one next year! That's why I'm asking these questions, so I will know beforehand.

Samstwitch

No I don't, but I'm planning on maybe buying one next year! That's why I'm asking these questions, so I will know beforehand.

Cool! :cool: If you get one, I hope you make a Blog and keep us posted on your experiments. I thought of getting one a long time ago, but didn't because I was very skeptical about whether or not it really worked. I look forward to hearing more about this as you care to share. Thanks. :)

If I knew a way to go back in time, and I could go back as far as the late 1960's, I'd definitely do it, because there's things I want to know about a particular event. It's personal though, not a public event.