The HDR and alternate timelines

Himalayan Hermit

Thanks Numenorean! But can you choose when you want to come back to the present? You said your body will lose the frequency tuning from the HDR in some hours, or days, but what if you want to return to the present after only like 10 minutes in the past? Can you return whenever you want, even if it's before your body completely loses it's frequency tuning? Because when I use the HDR I just want to check the past out for a while, but I don't want to be there for hours or even days! :eek:

According to Gibbs, in most cases you will be returned to your own time line in about 7 hours when you travel with the HDR. This is the default duration within which the time energies run out unless you tune and program the HDR specifically for a set duration.

bowtiesarecool

Are you guys talking about physical time travel, or astral, or both? My knowledge of the HDR is limited to what I read about it in a catalogue quite a number of years ago and a little bit on a website, and it was my understanding from the description that it was primarily used for astral time travel but that some people had actually achieved physical time travel with it. As I said, my info is quite outdated. I didn't even know there were updated models or anything like that. So have more people achieved physical results with it since I first heard of it? Someone please update me on the latest developments? Thanks. :)

bowtiesarecool

I was a little disappointed after having found out that Steven Gibbs' HDR sends you to an alternate timeline and not our own timeline.... but I might buy it anyway because I heard the differences between the alternate line and our own are miniscule (just 2.5% different according to John Titor) (for example the site I was on said you may notice the price of eggs in the store are different if you look carefully, or maybe something like your neighbor's car is different or he has a different color house) If that's all then big whoop, no big deal! But when I get an HDR I want to try to go back in time to watch TV shows and Movies :p.... and I hope these shows and movies will have the same major actors/characters (minor actors/characters may be different, but I don't care about that). It would be cool if HDRKID could answer this, as he has probably gone to the past many times. But if you've gone to the past yourself with an HDR I'd love to here from you! :)

What about if you liked everything about a show or film except maybe one of the actors stinks? Would you be glad to see the change of a new and better actor playing the role?

Curious_Girl98

I was a little disappointed after having found out that Steven Gibbs' HDR sends you to an alternate timeline and not our own timeline.... but I might buy it anyway because I heard the differences between the alternate line and our own are miniscule (just 2.5% different according to John Titor) (for example the site I was on said you may notice the price of eggs in the store are different if you look carefully, or maybe something like your neighbor's car is different or he has a different color house) If that's all then big whoop, no big deal! But when I get an HDR I want to try to go back in time to watch TV shows and Movies :p.... and I hope these shows and movies will have the same major actors/characters (minor actors/characters may be different, but I don't care about that). It would be cool if HDRKID could answer this, as he has probably gone to the past many times. But if you've gone to the past yourself with an HDR I'd love to here from you! :)

What about if you liked everything about a show or film except maybe one of the actors stinks? Would you be glad to see the change of a new and better actor playing the role?
Well in that case, yeah.

bowtiesarecool

Well in that case, yeah.

:) me too, lol.

bowtiesarecool

Well in that case, yeah.

CuriousGirl, I am wondering why you want to go to the past to watch movies and tv shows. I'm assuming they are old movies and tv shows and not current ones? Yet also that they are ones that are still shown on television or reissued on dvd, etc. or even in theatres since you say you would be disappointed to see different actors (if the ones in our current timeline were ones you liked) in some of the roles...and how would you know that if they were things you'd never seen? So....why do you want to time travel just to watch things that you can see now in reruns.?Can you please explain this further? This has me very curious and confused.

Also, who is this HDRkid everybody's talking about? You say you think he's probably been to the past many times. I am intrigued.

Samstwitch

POSTING TIP: While engaging in conversation on a thread, you don't need to keep reposting an entire conversation (repeating replies) in quotations. Instead, just post the most recent reply in Quotation, which will be easier on readers.

(Bowtiesarecool, To your reply, I sent you an email with helpful instructions. :) )

Thanks,
~Sam~