The HDR and alternate timelines

Curious_Girl98

What about if you liked everything about a show or film except maybe one of the actors stinks? Would you be glad to see the change of a new and better actor playing the role?
Well in that case, yeah.

CuriousGirl, I am wondering why you want to go to the past to watch movies and tv shows. I'm assuming they are old movies and tv shows and not current ones? Yet also that they are ones that are still shown on television or reissued on dvd, etc. or even in theatres since you say you would be disappointed to see different actors (if the ones in our current timeline were ones you liked) in some of the roles...and how would you know that if they were things you'd never seen? So....why do you want to time travel just to watch things that you can see now in reruns.?Can you please explain this further? This has me very curious and confused.

Also, who is this HDRkid everybody's talking about? You say you think he's probably been to the past many times. I am intrigued.

Actually, I just want to travel to the past to see the TV shows then just to see how different they are from in the real past when they aired, because it's been stated that the HDR (Steven Gibbs' time machine) sends you to an alternate timeline with minor differences from our own. That's all ;)
Also, HDRKID is a member on this forum who owns one of Steven Gibb's HDR time machines. I assume he's been to the past, but I actually don't know. I do know that he's been to the future quite a few times.

bowtiesarecool

bowtiesarecool said:

What about if you liked everything about a show or film except maybe one of the actors stinks? Would you be glad to see the change of a new and better actor playing the role?

Curious_Girl98 said:

Well in that case, yeah.

bowtiesarecool said:

Have anybody in particular in mind?

bowtiesarecool

This is a question for all of you:

It was my understanding that the HDR was primarily used for astral time travel , but a few people are said to have achieved physical time travel with it (this is according to an ad for it in a very old catalogue, mind you), so I'm wondering, if all you'd be doing with it is viewing the past, why it would be an alternate timeline. How does just looking at the past change it? And a couple of you mentioned what might happen if you changed the past. How can you alter the past if you aren't physically there to do so? I understand things like getting the lottery numbers and stuff like that, but how could you do things like stop the Kennedy assasinations or stop Hitler, etc. if you were only there astrally?

I'm also curious what your various views on what "alternate" timelines actually means. Like some of you seem to be saying that just using the HDR for astral purposes might make you return to an alternate timeline. Although it seems as though some of the people who have used the HDR (HDRKID for example) haven't had that problem.

When I think of an alternate timeline or parallel universe (or are those actually two different things?), I think of something like a Sliders scenario, many worlds like our own, but different, with alternate versions of us. But that doesn't seem to be what you are saying.

Or is it? I'm wondering if you are referring to the theory that says that time travel actually creates an alternate universe, or something else. I'm curious about this because of the discussion about it being only about 2% different and so forth so that you might not even notice. Do you mean the above, or do you mean that the new timeline/universe replaces the old and the original one that you came from doesn't exist anymore? And is that supposed to be only if something has been changed? Or just if you don't get back in time because of the body frequency thing?

And again, how or why any of this would happen through strictly astral travel.

Ok, that was way more than one question, lol, but I'm really curious about this.

Himalayan Hermit

These are all theories my friend. But like its said somethings are not meant to be revealed to humans and are destined to be hidden in nature's lap. May be in the future, it will be revealed. I remember the line from the KPAX movie where Kecvin Spacey says in reply to how he travels inter galactically using a beam of light. "If I told you, you'd all blow yourselves up"

An Alternate time-line = A parallel universe as far as my research and studies suggest. Your visualization of Sliders looks ok to me. Theoretically/Allegedly you pass over to an alternate dimension/reality/time-line using a Vortex. However, I'm not sure if the Universe has to match ours. In my opinion, a parallel Universe (again this is all THEORY) is different from an alternate dimension per-se. An alternate dimension can have a whole different life form, may have some thing that our minds can not perceive at all, and the list goes on.

According to Steven Gibbs, HDR is can be used for both Astral Travel and Physical Time Travel, however, for the latter you do need a strong and stable Vortex. Finding them is another question that needs much clarification. When I spoke to Gibbs, I couldn't get rock sure info. out of him on Vortex. In regards to the Time Travel and return to your own time-line. In my research also, I've found mixed information on this. For instance, John Titor (JT experts may correct this) also mentioned the restriction of not being able to return to the time-line you take off from. Same has been mentioned by Steven Gibbs. However, Gibbs also said that you CAN return to your own time-line, if the device is programmed (however that is supposed to be done) so. He also mentioned that he has designed the device intentionally this way.

bowtiesarecool

Thanks, Himalayan Hermit. That clears things up somewhat.

I'd like to hear the theories the rest of you guys have on this as well.

I've actually been looking into something on another website that is a device made with crystals (the HDR, I believe works with some sort of crystals?) that can be programmed to go to a certain time/place as well, an I think is supposed to be used with a vortex of some sort. So far have not heard back from the person with responses to my questions though. :( Still hoping. I'll keep you guys updated.

I don't know a lot about John Titor. I know he is said to be from the future. I didn't know he was supposed to be from a different time-line and couldn't get back. (if that's what you meant).

I like your idea of a parallel universe. It makes more sense to me too.

The whole different universes like ours, but..not..with other versions of us..but not us..possible even evil versions, kind of gives me the creeps.

Himalayan Hermit

Thanks, Himalayan Hermit. That clears things up somewhat.

I'd like to hear the theories the rest of you guys have on this as well.

I've actually been looking into something on another website that is a device made with crystals (the HDR, I believe works with some sort of crystals?) that can be programmed to go to a certain time/place as well, an I think is supposed to be used with a vortex of some sort. So far have not heard back from the person with responses to my questions though. :( Still hoping. I'll keep you guys updated.

I don't know a lot about John Titor. I know he is said to be from the future. I didn't know he was supposed to be from a different time-line and couldn't get back. (if that's what you meant).

I like your idea of a parallel universe. It makes more sense to me too.

The whole different universes like ours, but..not..with other versions of us..but not us..possible even evil versions, kind of gives me the creeps.

Can you share the website? HDR does use crystals but the core functions are based off of different components.

bowtiesarecool

Yeah, actually, if you go look in the thread started by oppmur about cleansing your crystals, I posted a picture of the crystal.

I'm going to post more of the discussion from that website about it soon. I'll most likely be posting it right under that one ^.

If I link you guys directly to the website, it'll be all muddled because there's only certain users talking about this and it's a ginormous thread.
The rest of the people are talking about other stuff and it's really hard to follow.

bowtiesarecool

Yeah, actually, if you go look in the thread started by oppmur about cleansing your crystals, I posted a picture of the crystal.

I'm going to post more of the discussion from that website about it soon. I'll most likely be posting it right under that one ^.

If I link you guys directly to the website, it'll be all muddled because there's only certain users talking about this and it's a ginormous thread.
The rest of the people are talking about other stuff and it's really hard to follow.

Well, I was going to anyway, but when I tried, it kept telling me I was forbidden to do so. ????
That I didn't have permission/ access to post threads on that subject. :confused:

I'm forbidden from replying to people who have replied to me, in answer to my own posts???!!

Anybody else have this problem before and know what to do about it? I hate to keep bugging the mods all the time.