The McDonald's Thread

DoctorZ

THinkharder is my alternate internet name
Re: The Mcdonalds Thread

well depend if your immune system is regularly expose to an cadeus magnetif field like mine , my immune system is stronger than it was 2 years ago since ive been using my Realitymanipulator unit that Tuvok invented, this thing work for real trust me , lol

ZeoEmeraude

Fast food is bad for you. There is no "healthy" fast food. McDonald's has to be the worst....right up there with Taco Bell, and every "Chicken Joint" that clucks by as you drive. These conglomerates are not concerned with your health...only your dollar. They dump millions and millions into the mass media machine to suck you in and degrade your health on a slow and tasty-ass level. This "profits rule while you drool" mentality only serves to feed those who are truly the most hungry.....the shareholders.

Keroscene

Fast food is bad for you. There is no "healthy" fast food. McDonald's has to be the worst....right up there with Taco Bell, and every "Chicken Joint" that clucks by as you drive. These conglomerates are not concerned with your health...only your dollar. They dump millions and millions into the mass media machine to suck you in and degrade your health on a slow and tasty-ass level. This "profits rule while you drool" mentality only serves to feed those who are truly the most hungry.....the shareholders.

What is this? A public service announcement? I think I had a basic understanding of good foods/bad foods before I entered grade school. And then a few short years after kindergarten good food/bad food was embedded for eternity with a home economics class and some kind of food pyramid. I don't think there's anyone on this forum who doesn't understand the concept that fast food isn't especially healthy, but people regularly stress that fact like we've all been completely oblivious this whole time. I find it rather irritating. We're talking about what tastes good, not what's the healthiest.

I see KFC has some kind of new sammich that is two pieces of chicken with cheese and bacon in the middle. THey're calling it the Double Down and it looks delicious.

Motoko Aoyama

I've heard about the Double Down too. For the first time, there's a sandwich with two chicken breasts and in the middle there's the usual cheese, bacon, and some sort of sauce.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I didn't eat McD this week and I'm still alive and well. I'd eat some right now though.

Motoko Aoyama

I saw a new MCD BlueBerry Pie commercial! It's about time they started to import new flavors into their pies.

StarLord

What is this? A public service announcement? I think I had a basic understanding of good foods/bad foods before I entered grade school. And then a few short years after kindergarten good food/bad food was embedded for eternity with a home economics class and some kind of food pyramid. I don't think there's anyone on this forum who doesn't understand the concept that fast food isn't especially healthy, but people regularly stress that fact like we've all been completely oblivious this whole time. I find it rather irritating. We're talking about what tastes good, not what's the healthiest.

I see KFC has some kind of new sammich that is two pieces of chicken with cheese and bacon in the middle. THey're calling it the Double Down and it looks delicious.

It's hard to remember that it's deadly. That It's So Easy and Cheap is one of the major problems, no fuss, no muss.

Speaking of taste, one of the worst things to happen to MCD's fries was changing the oil to keep from ticking off some of their customers. Great Googly Moogly, can't a man have his fries the way they were intended to be and not have them screwed with?

If you ever get the chance to swim with the higher muckety mucks and wind up in a posh restaurant that happens to make Pomme Frites like God intended them to be made, Twice fried in 100% Duck Fat, go for it. The taste is unforgettable. If you are going to clog the arteries, clog them with the best stuff available.

What this world needs is a chain of restaurants that specialize in fresh, cheap, Sushi!!

Keroscene

I remember the taste change when they changed the oil. IT was around the same time Burger King started adding a little batter to their fries and BK one me over in the fry department. McDonald's did have a reputation for delicious fries, though. I think they used to use a type of beef oil? I'm not exactly sure though. Wouldn't happen to know the before and after types of oils on that would you?

I love making my own french freedom fries, though. I've never tried Duck Fat, but it does sound interesting. Normally I just use vegetable or canola oil. I dont use a deep fryer, though. Normally I just peel the tater, cut them up and throw them in. Add salt to taste after they're done. I love making my own fries though, any other tips for tasty fries? I'll definitely try the Duck Fat. That normally sold at the large chain grocery stores?