The United States of America

Prof-Rabbit

Re: The United States of America

Hi Everyone,

A question from Downunda - aside from our prime minister, (who's face is brown from sticking it up your President's arse (ass?) most of us see the posturing going on as a schoolyard brawl involving a bunch of under 10 yo's.

Now I have a question ( and please answer rationally ) -

Who has the largest stockpile of WMD's, both fissionable and biological and who has the largest military budget for the ongoing production of both ?

Regards
Prof. Rabbit

PyRo99

The United States of America, does have the most WMDs, biological Chemical, etc. We are the strongest, as of now. However, the Chineese are currently working on taking down our economy, forcing us into recession, and making us not able to withstand a war. The Russians and the Chineese, are becoming stronger as the days pass.

It all depends on when the first missle is launched, or the first nuke is blown up, and on whose soil. Because if we hit Moscow St. Petersburg, and other Russian cities, they'll back down. And if we hit Bejing and a few others, they'll also back down. And the thing is, we've got about 2,500 more WMDs than anyone else.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"WTF\")</div>
Pyro, are you tellin' us that you're not from this world? ;)[/b]

None of us are 'FROM' this world. We do get to visit here often and some of us are actually told to come here. This is the armpit of the universe, the most negative sand box in creation and rightly so. Basic training in the military is much the same. If it wasn't harsh and down right deadly, who would pay attention or take notice? Personally, I'd be imbarassed to tell folks while traveling "Howdy! I'am from Earth!! How's it hanging?"

One thing for sure though, Life is the best Master we will ever come across and the best source of experiences to tell our great great great great grandkids if we ever get a chance to meet them.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Prof-Rabbit\")</div>
Hi Everyone,

A question from Downunda - aside from our prime minister, (who's face is brown from sticking it up your President's arse (ass?) most of us see the posturing going on as a schoolyard brawl involving a bunch of under 10 yo's.

Now I have a question ( and please answer rationally ) -

Who has the largest stockpile of WMD's, both fissionable and biological and who has the largest military budget for the ongoing production of both ?

Regards
Prof. Rabbit[/b]
Good on yer mate,
Funny, that's like walking into a class room and asking the kids to point out the chalk boards. Your question and the way it is worded seems like you are looking for specific countries to be named. How about you tell us what they are teaching you auzzies downunda about the USA, Russia, and China?
Sounds like a fair dinkum to me.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"PyRo99\")</div>
It all depends on when the first missle is launched, or the first nuke is blown up, and on whose soil. Because if we hit Moscow St. Petersburg, and other Russian cities, they'll back down. And if we hit Bejing and a few others, they'll also back down. And the thing is, we've got about 2,500 more WMDs than anyone else.[/b]

I have to disagree with you there my friend. If you think there is going to be a 'limited' senario regarding ICBM's I think you may be sadly mistaken. The only way you could pull off a 'limited' reaction from Russia is to hit them all at once, every single missle site taken out. That is so not possible. They have mobile ICBM's on trucks that are always mobile. They have subs that cannot be detected. The concept of a 'limited' Neuclear exchange is a fairy tale. Once launched, it could more than easily turn into a very short display and lesson in MAD, Mutually Assured Distruction. There are absolutely no winners what so ever in an exchange of that type. All sides are very aware of this.

Think about the concept of being 'sort of Pregnant' You either are or you are not.

PyRo99

Ahh True Starlord, Forgot about the other means of nuking and launching things from.

Darkwolf

Not to mention the fact that their ICBMs would be off the ground before ours hit. They do have pretty much the same early warning systems that we do, and actually a much looser command athority involved in launch orders. The big question with Russia is how many of their weapon systems will work. Many have not been maintained since the early eighties, and Russia is not known for quality in sophisticated electronics.

I have to disagree with you there my friend. If you think there is going to be a 'limited' senario regarding ICBM's I think you may be sadly mistaken. The only way you could pull off a 'limited' reaction from Russia is to hit them all at once, every single missle site taken out. That is so not possible. They have mobile ICBM's on trucks that are always mobile. They have subs that cannot be detected. The concept of a 'limited' Neuclear exchange is a fairy tale. Once launched, it could more than easily turn into a very short display and lesson in MAD, Mutually Assured Distruction. There are absolutely no winners what so ever in an exchange of that type. All sides are very aware of this.

I'm not so sure about that. Those undetectable subs aren't, and our hunter killers are alot better than anything the russians have. The MAD concept wasn't in place until both sides got a significant number of ICBMs linked to a reliable early warning system. Bombers and subs can be countered. Once ICBMs are off the table, its a survivable scenario. Those truck mounted missiles also aren't true ICBMs they're theatre level.

Prof-Rabbit

Hi,

First it's "good on ya'mate or if your from the north/North East it's "good on yaa mate" ( sorry, I watched one of your late night shows and the presenter spoke about Emu's which he pronunced E-Moo's rather than E-mews )

The majority of Aussies rate both Russia and America as about equal in terms of WMD's, although it has been pointed out that Russia's WMD's are getting old, however remember that the Russian equiptment in general is a bit crude but they do build things to last.

China is seen as the Japan of the 50's and 60's, cheap and nasty rubbish, this leads Aussies to think China is somewhere between backward and developing, ie. not much of a threat, we tend to worry about the Indonesians more, generally because they are closer and more in the news.

John Titor mentioned Australia ( I'm netural on JT ) and commented that Australians rejected people comming from the USA/EU after his WW3 senario, I would say that's quite likely, first because the population would worry about radiation hazzards on anything comming in to the country and second because having sh*t in your undies we would'nt be giving you ours. ( you mess up your country don't come crying to us)

Regards
Prof Rabbit

Ps. "fair dinkum" - straight up, the truth, for real -

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Good on yer mate, ?
Funny, that's like walking into a class room and asking the kids to point out the chalk boards. ?Your question and the way it is worded seems like you are looking for specific countries to be named. ?How about you tell us what they are teaching you auzzies downunda about the USA, Russia, and China?
Sounds like a fair dinkum to me.[/b]

StarLord

Mate, I would be all but happy if your information regarding China were as benign as we would like to think but it is possibly worse than that. If I am not mistaken, China owns about 90 some % of our debt. If they ever ponied up to the bar and demanded their money, we would be as solvent as MEK surrounding styrofoam. Not a nice thought. ( Come to think of it, doesn't China own about 80% of Japan's debt?)

CaryP

StarLord,

It's not quite that bad. China holds about $900 billion or so in dollar assets, currency and Treasury debt. Foreign investors now own about half or more of "available" Treasury debt. You have to qualify "available" because the Fed owns a great deal of Treasury debt for which they get paid interest, which eventually goes to the banking cartel that owns the Fed, in the form of dividends (net of expenses). The debt the Fed owns cost them nothing as they are allowed to print money, mostly electronically "out of thin air." The other Treasury debt that's not available to the public is the hundreds of billions in "special" Treasury debt held by the Soc. Sec. Admin. Yeah, it's been robbed blind for years to make the budget deficits look smaller than they are.

China could put us on our knees if they wanted to just by dumping their dollar assets. But they're not ready yet, and they'd get hurt in the process. They've been using their trade surplus with the US to buy natural resource corps. in the west, Canada and South America in particular. When they're ready, they'll probably start by unhinging the yuan (their currency) from the current 8.47 to 1 peg to the dollar. That'll add to the dollar's downward move. If they're smart, and they are, they'll probably have used most of their dollar surplus to buy up natural resources, etc. so they'll be ready for whatever throw down that could ensue. The longer term military thinking on their part is to ruin us economically, so we won't have the finances to fight a military war.

I don't know about China's ownership of Japanese debt, so I really can't comment. But you're on the right track.

Cary