The United States of America

StarLord

Re: The United States of America

So, why not do what all the other countries have done to the USA when it comes time to pay back the loans we gave them.... Simply apologize, refuse to pay and Demand More Money!

Darkwolf

Cary, it kind of strikes me as not the smartest of moves to buy natural resources in Canada and S. America if you are planning a war in aisia with the united states. Could they actually be planning to invade once they have dropped the economic hammer? Thats the only way that makes sense. One must remember though, that where we think in years, they think in centuries and mellenia, so that could be part of something different.

Prof-Rabbit

Well I don't think we are entirely blinded, however China's military equiptment is still composed of copies of mainly Russian weapons, China's "might" is in sheer numbers, however it is possible they may be trading with North Korea.

Consider that Australia has a population less than 25 million and you can see why we would be concerned about ANY asian invasion, thankfully it's a fair hike to come down here, you can't just sneak across the border. <:

Regards Prof Rabbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Mate, I would be all but happy if your information regarding China were as benign as we would like to think but it is possibly worse than that. ?If I am not mistaken, ?China owns about 90 some % of our debt. ?If they ever ponied up to the bar and demanded their money, ?we would be as solvent as MEK surrounding styrofoam. ?Not a nice thought. ( Come to think of it, ?doesn't China own about 80% of Japan's debt?)[/b]

Darkwolf

Consider that Australia has a population less than 25 million and you can see why we would be concerned about ANY asian invasion, thankfully it's a fair hike to come down here, you can't just sneak across the border. <:
Right now, no one stands a chance of making a seaborn invasion against us, I don't think economacally crippeling us will make a difference in that. It is of note however that in both world wars, Mexico was willing to deal with the Germans, and the Japanese to act as a base of operations for an invasion of the continential united states. There supposedly have been sitings of chinese troops in mexico for a number of years. I doubt something like that would escape notice of our intelligence agencies, but I could be wrong. Also they could have something going with Cuba.