The United States Will be ATTACKED SOON

Harte

You feel that martial law (Texas) and curfews are effective methods of control for a virus?
Martial law hasn't been declared anywhere in the U.S. since the 1960's, and that was one county in Alabama during the Civil Rights movement.
Curfews are somewhat effective. The only ones in place right now loosely define "essential" to mean going to work, shopping, medical appointments, and other similar things. Impossible to enforce, but if the public goes along, it will make some difference.

We've never done it before for other pandemics.
The flu is an annual panedemic that kills thousands and nobody told us to stay home.
There are flu shots, but no Covid-19 shots. But I would agree the whole thing is politicized. The left is trying to create more panic to tank the economy so they can blame it on Trump. Trump has to go along with these strict measures to dodge that blame.

Harte

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
When people are "self-isolating," they're not donating blood.
Blood is always in short supply even in normal times.
They've been stockpiling blood for over 50 years you know.

Harte

Harte, I know, but there is a new blood drive campaign hosted by Melania. I just find it a bit odd for a virus.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Martial law hasn't been declared anywhere in the U.S. since the 1960's, and that was one county in Alabama during the Civil Rights movement.
Curfews are somewhat effective. The only ones in place right now loosely define "essential" to mean going to work, shopping, medical appointments, and other similar things. Impossible to enforce, but if the public goes along, it will make some difference.

There are claims of it in Texas, but that is the key word. "Claims". People probably believe self quarantine is martial law.
The looters are starting, though. Once you close the stores, the looters come out, and this may (or may not) require something like that.
I say may not because some cities may not care.

TimeFlipper

There are claims of it in Texas, but that is the key word. "Claims". People probably believe self quarantine is martial law.
The looters are starting, though. Once you close the stores, the looters come out, and this may (or may not) require something like that.
I say may not because some cities may not care.

Today in the UK, All Public houses, Bars, restaurants, cafés, and clubs including nightclubs have been shutdown..However, all our food shops are still open, and iam sure its the same in the US...Its common sense that if you shut down all food shops, there would be looters everywhere..