The War on Christianity in America

AETERNAM REX

In Jack Van Impe's program above, regarding the War on Religion, watch from 6:18 minutes on.

Excellent videos, Sam. I found them most interesting.

While I think Mr. Weinstein's characterization of Christians and the Pentagon's position is a bit extreme, there is indeed an arrogant and bigoted attitude among many Christians.

Note that after presenting the comments made by Weinstein, Mr. Van Impe goes on a fear mongering Muslim bashing rant. I thought it was especially interesting, his comments about the story of a Muslim guest in a Christian church sharing commonality among the two beliefs. His advice was to reject Muslims.

The reality is that there is a certain commonality among most predominant religions. A Muslim man makes a gesture of good will and peace to Christians by focusing on similarities, ...only to get rejected and insulted on national television.

About a minute later, she makes the point that other religious books are written by men/women, but the bible is the word of God because God spoke to the men who wrote it. This is an exemplary example of self righteous religious arrogance. She was essentially claiming Christian superiority above other beliefs by claiming absolute exclusivity on the true word of God.

Following her commentary, focus shifts back to Mr. Van Impe so he can do more fear mongering and Muslim bashing. Take note of the language and general focus of much of the presentation. It is clearly directed against Muslims.

The program demonstrates how Christianity is under attack for accusations of religious bigotry, so as to debunk such claims, they demonstrate bigotry and arrogance by bashing Muslims and insulting every other belief system by claiming superiority. *sigh*

The woman's claims of superiority over other beliefs is, from my experience, quite typical. Take any situation in American society where people are being subjected to and/or forced to accept Christian values, and argue to a Christian the concept of freedom of religion, acceptance, tolerance, etc of other beliefs and lifestyles. Often, at some point in the conversation, there will be a claim of exclusivity to the word of God, thus justifying imposing it upon others. Try disputing, or even questioning, this premise of exclusivity and you will likely be met with fierce resistance and stubbornness, ridicule, insults, etc.

Such a popular position among Christians is very arrogant and condescending to others. It is disrespectful and in disregard of the concept of freedom of religion. I see this arrogance as the root issue. Not everyone agrees, nor do they have to.

Hey Christians, ...Free will to choose what to believe is inalienable and a gift from God. If people choose not to accept Christianity as the only truth, then why not step back and let God handle it?

Further,

I am not so sure I agree with the military's answer, but I can definitely see a Christian bias in the armed forces. I remember my experience at the MEPS office before being shipped off to boot-camp. I and others were given Christian literature to take with us. I wasn't offended or anything. I was actually somewhat indifferent. But I have to wonder... Why only Christian literature? Why not have a table stacked with literature from various different belief systems, and allowing us to choose?

Samstwitch

Hey Christians, ...Free will to choose what to believe is inalienable and a gift from God. If people choose not to accept Christianity as the only truth, then why not step back and let God handle it?

I agree. Although I'm a Christian, I'm not an avid fan of Jack Van Impe, but I do like to hear some of the information he presents in his programs, specifically current events. (I don't watch his weekly program, but my brother keeps me posted on some issues when Van Impe presents them.) That's why periodically I will reference some things Van Impe has in one of his programs. He keeps up with world news better than most.

I'm not prejudice against Muslims, but I'm against the prejudice against Christians in America. Many Christians are judgmental and bigoted against gays and other religions. I'm not. However, due to the slayings of innocent people of all kinds in the past decade (terror attacks), I am prejudice against radical Islam for their acts of terror around the world and here at home.

AETERNAM REX

I agree. Although I'm a Christian, I'm not an avid fan of Jack Van Impe, but I do like to hear some of the information he presents in his programs, specifically current events. (I don't watch his weekly program, but my brother keeps me posted on some issues when Van Impe presents them.) That's why periodically I will reference some things Van Impe has in one of his programs. He keeps up with world news better than most.

I'm not prejudice against Muslims, but I'm against the prejudice against Christians in America. Many Christians are judgmental and bigoted against gays and other religions. I'm not. However, due to the slayings of innocent people of all kinds in the past decade (terror attacks), I am prejudice against radical Islam for their acts of terror around the world and here at home.

I'm not real familiar with Mr. Van Impe, but he himself seems to be somewhat radical.

I don't consider myself a Christian, although I was raised in a predominately Christian family and community, and generally agree with a lot of the message. I see a lot of truths and good lessons in the bible, as well as other religious literature. Personally, I feel uncomfortable trying to categorize my beliefs and/or philosophy into this or that religion. Philosophy is something that is a personal choice, a demonstration of free will, and one that should be respected.

I talk to religious folks and try to explore different philosophies. What I see is a lot of commonality within almost all of them. Much of the history and message is the same or very similar, ...or at least has something in common. I look at religion and I wonder what the universal truth is. I wonder why people use religion as an excuse to compete, fight, argue, and be violent instead of coming together and collecting their vast resources of knowledge to try to discern something greater, something universal.

'My god can beat up your god' or 'I'm right and you're all wrong' ...just seems rather arrogant, bizarre, and silly to me. It is just very counterproductive and inefficient.

I don't condone prejudice of any religion or group of people. I could care less what you believe, what color you are, who you marry, who (or what) you have sex with, etc. So long as you don't bother me, it's whatever. I don't mean that to suggest that I have no interest in people, just that I am over it, no hang-ups in that area. I've been a few places, and I've learned above all, that people are people no matter where you go. We all have a lot in common in spite of our cultural and/or individual differences.

And while I seem to pick on Christians, it is because I am an American, ...and in the USA, Christianity is the predominant religion. The reality is that Christianity is somewhat problematic as it has become dominant to the point of imposing upon others. It isn't about Christianity per se', but rather freedom of religion. If we are to talk about religious conflict and secularism in other parts of the world, I would have equally as much to point out.

With regard to radical Muslims, ...I could care less what they believe. The issue is that they are violating others. The Why in something is almost always relevant, so I won't suggest that it isn't about religion. But regardless of what they believe, it isn't a legitimate reason to justify killing people.

Sam, you're obviously a good person with a reasonable outlook. You are a professed Christian who (if I were to guess) probably gets the real message. I know there are a lot of people like yourself out there who are more than happy to respect others' right to choose. I just wish there were more, as we may actually get somewhere as a species.

I think law has a lot to do with it, as I mentioned in an above post. If there weren't the influence of religion into law, a lot of the current conflicts would be nonexistent. People wouldn't have the same concerns or feelings of their beliefs or lifestyle being threatened. I mean really, just look at what a mess it creates. People can't drink on Sunday, Christians are having to call marriage something different than what they believe, gay people are being told they are wrong and being denied civil rights and benefits, Cub Scouts groups are having to accept gay leaders against parents' wishes, non-Christians are having to take part in prayers to the Christian god at football games, etc, etc..

What would it be like to see people openly talking about their religion in the interest of sharing and learning rather than arguing? What would it be like to see public areas with monuments dedicated to different beliefs, to celebrate cultural diversity in America? ...just a thought.

Samstwitch

What would it be like to see people openly talking about their religion in the interest of sharing and learning rather than arguing?

That's a good question that we can only imagine an answer for. I'm not against religions. I'm against radicalism that leads people to kill and maim others.

Not wanting to get into a big religious discussion here...:) but I follow Jesus. Love one another and don't judge others is what Jesus taught. That's what I try to do. That's how a true Christian should behave...but too many Christians are judgmental against gays and other religions. (I have many very close gay friends and friends of different religions, i.e., Hindu, etc.) We are to walk in the shoes of Jesus to show others the love of Christ. That love will win others over. It's not always easy, but we must attempt it.

What would it be like to see public areas with monuments dedicated to different beliefs, to celebrate cultural diversity in America? ...just a thought.
There are already churches, temples, and mosques of all kinds around America. Within those walls are 'monuments dedicated to different beliefs, to celebrate cultural diversity in America'. However, America was founded on the belief in God, Jesus, and the Bible. Ever since Madalyn Murray O'Hair's court victory in 1963, those beliefs have been removed from our country, and it shows. Removing God from America has changed the demeanor of society. I believe that's part of the reason why violence has increased.

Things have changed since I was young. The Prophecy foretold in 2Timothy has come to pass. We are living in the Last Days.

2 Timothy 3-5: But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

VIDEO BELOW: Getting back to the War on Religion in America...this is how things used to be since the birth of our nation, and how our country changed after 1963. Most people don't about these facts.

[/quote][/quote]

Khaos

where the wild things are
Not trying to pick a fight or debate, nor attempting to pick apart Christianity, but my problems:

- Modern Christians seem to forget their origins. I'm not saying, all are like this. There is good and bad to every religion. I've met some nice Jewish, and I've met some really nasty Jewish. But, it seems Christians tend to forget their origins. Christianity started out as a... barbaric religion. It crossed into different countries, swallowing up beliefs and cultures left and right. People were either forced to convert or were put to death. Christmas and Easter were originally pagan holidays. And I heard that Jesus Christ was actually born in September.

- Taboo subjects. Isn't ironic and follow with me here. That homosexuality, is referenced in the old testament as an abomination. However, so is shaving, eating shellfish, being with a woman on her menstruation are also clearly referenced as abominations. I spoke to a pastor about this one time and he said, that nobody follows the old testament anymore. Really? So then why is homosexuality picked upon the most, if the old testament isn't followed? Isn't that a bit contradicting?

"But its in the new testament too!"

Not really. There are a few references that could be interpreted as it, but even if homosexuality is in the new testament, it doesn't say anything about it being a sin or abomination. Just says its a shameful act. Which is like sodomy, which is sexual practice that does not result in procreation.

Though from what I have learned these days from Christians, giving homosexuality the label of sodomy, is clearly alright, but heterosexuals having anal, oral and hand jobs is clearly not sodomy. (it is, because they do not result in procreation)

Samstwitch

Christianity started out as a... barbaric religion...

Actually, it didn't. Jesus was the founder of Christianity. He was/is the perfect example of a peaceful man who taught nothing but love. The violence that was/is committed in His name cannot count as it was/is strictly done against His teachings.

Here are my thoughts on Gays... The truth about Jesus and Gay people | Paranormalis

No fights or debates here either. :)

Samstwitch

Air Force Removes Video That Mentions God

The Pentagon directed an Air Force Base to remove a video tribute to First Sergeants because it mentioned the word ‘God’ and might be offensive to atheists or Muslims, Fox News has learned.

The tribute was created by a chaplain at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst. The chaplain wrote a poem titled, “God Created A First Sergeant.” It was later adapted into a video with a narration. First Sergeants are senior non-commissioned officers who look after enlisted members.

The video was modeled after the Dodge Ram Super Bowl commercial titled, “God Created A Farmer.”

“On the eighth day, God looked down on His creation and said, ‘I need someone who will take care of the Airmen,’” the tribute read. “So God created a First Sergeant.”

Chaplain leadership at the base signed off on the project as well as other base officials and earlier this week the video was posted on YouTube. But it was soon taken down after other officers objected.

“Proliferation of religion is not allowed in the Air Force or military,” wrote the chief of the Air Force News Service Division in an email obtained by Fox News. “How would an Agnostic, Atheist or Muslim serving in the military take this video?”

“I would not recommend using this at all,” the chief wrote.

He also took issue with the wording of the video, according to the emails.

“The choice of ‘On the Eighth day’ verbiage to begin this video is highly suggestive from the book of Genesis in the Bible and has Christian overtones,” he wrote.

An Air Force spokesperson told Fox News the video was removed for a legal review.

“The Air Force removed the ‘God Created a First Sergeant’ video from the official Joint Base McGuire Dix YouTube site to evaluate whether it is consistent with official Air Force guidance, to include whether it meets official guidance governing religious neutrality in the Air Force as prescribed in Air Force Instruction 1-1, Air Force Culture,” spokesperson Ann Stefanek said in a statement.

A source with knowledge of the incident told Fox News that the video was made to simply honor First Sergeants. The chaplain had written the poem several months ago and it was recently turned into a multimedia presentation.

The decision to censor the video comes less than a week after the Military Religious Freedom Foundation ordered the Air Force to remove an inspirational painting from Mountain Home Air Force Base in Idaho.

HDRKID

Sadly, many top officials are luciferians, and these hate God. They reserve a special hatred for Jesus and his followers as many of you are seeing. Do not be deceived as these luciferians are expert scammers. Most are like politicians, short on any delivery and long on many promises. Often they will break their promises before the ink is dry on the paper. Expect them to continue attacks on Christianity as conditions continue to worsen. Most are well aware of what is coming. However, they continue to ridicule preppers. Also, they claim those that are getting ready for the apocalypse are crazy. I tell you this - time is short so prepare now.

Samstwitch

Senator Rand Paul says U.S. taxpayers are funding a ‘war on Christianity’

American taxpayers are paying for a "war on Christianity" at home and abroad, Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul said during a speech at a conservative conference Thursday.

"There is a war on Christianity," Paul told an audience of mostly evangelical Christians and Jews during a luncheon at the annual Faith and Freedom Conference in Washington. "Not just from liberal elites here at home, but worldwide. And your government, or more correctly, you, the taxpayer, are funding it. You are being taxed to send money to countries that are not only intolerant of Christians, but openly hostile. Christians are imprisoned and threatened with death for their beliefs."

Paul, who has said he's considering running for president in 2016, was referring to U.S. financial aid to foreign countries where Christian persecution occurs.

Paul has long called for an end to foreign aid to particularly Muslim-majority countries Egypt, Pakistan and Libya, but he does not always frame his opposition in terms of faith. Last year, he introduced a bill to the Senate that would cut off aid to those countries.

"In Egypt, in Pakistan, they burn our flag—I say not one penny more to countries that burn the American flag," Paul said. "While they burn the American flag and the mobs chant 'Death to America,' more of your money is sent to these haters of Christianity."

He added: "It is clear that American taxpayer dollars are being used to enable a war on Christianity in the Middle East, and I believe that must end."

The conference where Paul spoke Thursday is organized by former Christian Coalition Executive Director Ralph Reed, and it regularly hosts Republican politicians seeking the party's nomination for the presidency. The venue provides the potential candidates an opportunity to reach the Christian conservative base of the party.