The War on Christianity in America

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
No, what is wrong is when you claim that all atheists hate Christianity.

Ok, you're right. It isn't fair to lump people into a group, which is what I was complaining about. Fair enough.
I guess I"m talking about the more aggressive ones.

2. It has nothing to do with Christianity, it has to do with a belief in a God period.

True, but many are declaring war on Christianity, which is what this thread is about.

Its easy to assume, that because someone doesn't like what you like, it has to be because you are Christian

I don't think that way, but the title of this thread is "WAR ON CHRISTIANITY" so I am discussing WAR ON CHRISTIANITY.

What it comes down to is emotions. We are emotionally driven. And when you hear someone say "I don't believe in God" and you are devoted to Christ and the holy father, you assume they are speaking about Christianity. If a person who is devoted to Judaism, hears the same, they will think that the person doesn't like their Judaism.

Again, I am only discussing it because of the thread topic. It didn't say "War on Religion".

I'm not one to be offended if someone isn't Christian or religious. I married an atheist. I just don't ever want to be told I can't
BE Christian because someone wants to abolish Christianity all together. If they have the right NOT to believe, I have the right TO believe. That is true equality.

In schools, they can please everyone this way: Have a "moment of reflection" instead of calling it "prayer". Give the children
the option to participate or not. Let them pray silently. Those that don't want to, don't have to. Then, people who still believe
their kids should pray at school will have their wish. All happy.

Khaos

where the wild things are
I think it's a very dicey situation, I think they have to be really careful what they say

Well what did they say? Article really doesn't say much. You wonder if they just simply stated they were youth pastors at the local christian church, and a kid told his mom that and she went into full apeshit mode and now they are banned from the school and its a temporary ban according to the article, not a full ban.

If you're going to invite pastors into your school anyways, you would have to have given them some rules regarding speaking about their religious views to anyone within that school. Sounds like to me this entire issue is just blown out of proportion by a few oversensitive parents.

AETERNAM REX

Some day it may be against the law to be a Christian.

I doubt it. Humanity is evolving. ...more backlash perhaps, but I don't think it will get that extreme in most parts of the world.

People demand government regulate their private lives, religious values and institutions, ..to enforce or impose religious values rather than protect and celebrate religious freedom. Law is force and applies itself to every citizen, but not all citizens have the same values system, thus it is not universally beneficial/agreeable. When a society accepts laws which are in the interest of religious values, it sets a dangerous precedent that ultimately manifests into conflict.

The answer is to deduct law from the religion equation. Relieve the conflict. That's what the separation of church and state is about.

Samstwitch

Rand Paul on the Global Slaughter of Christians

Here is Rand Paul talking about the War on Christianity.

Related Articles

According to one Time Traveler, Floyd Ellison, in 2043 many Christians are killed for their beliefs. So I guess it depends on which worldline you are on. Our worldline is headed towards a NWO with a future like Floyd's. That would explain the War on Christianity in America that we are experiencing now, and that would also explain why many are in denial about it.

Last edited:

AETERNAM REX

No one can take your believe. You can take everything from a person. All the money , the family , belongings .. Everything but NO ONE in this world can go in to your mind and take away your believe.

EXACTLY!!!

Free will is inalienable, inherent. Try not to choose. It doesn't work, as choosing not to decide is still making a choice. And all human action is ultimately individual as it begins with individual choice.

Ultimately, whatever you define as god or choose to worship, or not worship, and how you worship, ...is your individual choice and natural inalienable right.(..unless, of course, your religious practices violate others). Anyone that uses coercion or otherwise as to interfere with this freedom of choice, is violating your right.

This fundamental truth seems to have escaped a lot of people on this planet. Thank you for not being one of them.

AETERNAM REX

Rand Paul on the Global Slaughter of Christians

Here is Rand Paul talking about the War on Christianity.

Related Articles

According to one Time Traveler, Floyd Ellison, in 2043 many Christians are killed for their beliefs. So I guess it depends on which worldline you are on. Our worldline is headed towards a NWO with a future like Floyd's. That would explain the War on Christianity in America that we are experiencing now, and that would also explain why many are in denial about it.

The war on Christianity in Muslim countries is yet another example of people using claims of ideological superiority in favor over the rights of others and as an excuse to violate.

The "War on Christianity in America" is more about backlash from being coerced by government into practicing Christian values. There are 200 million Christians in the USA, and 160 million others. That is a difference of 40 million people, or 11.1% It is starting to manifest into conflict as the Christian majority diminishes.

The NWO is whatever the people want it to be. There are 7 billion people on Earth. A few million do not control it unless the majority allows it.

Justinian

As an Atheist living in an Islamic country, I can say without a doubt that I do NOT venture to tell the locals that I'm Atheist. Not all countries have freedom of religion, plain and simple. It's their laws. It's just life here. It's not an open war on Atheists or anything else. They persecute themselves. I mean the Shi'ite and Sunni's go at it all the time. I wouldn't say that there is a war, but you have to understand that history has shown these people that Christians want them dead. I say that kind of generic like, but look at history. What have Christians done to the Middle East and Soutwest Asia in general? There were the Crusades, then later there was the conquering of them as colonies. I watched this show recently about British troops in their Middle East colonies. Did you know that after WW2, a lot of Jews decided they wanted to go back to their homeland of what is now Israel. It caused a great deal of turmoil in the region. So the British locked most of the Jews up in camps. I mean they get let out of the concentration camps of Nazi Germany only to be lead into British camps in Palestine. Then the World powers decided that the Jews needed a place to call home so we divided up Palestine to create Israel. Yes sure it's not correct how they think, but it's the way it is that they associate all Western powers as Christians. I recently was listening to an author talk about how Christianity came about. I never pondered this question. I mean the majority of Europe was still worshiping the old pagan gods. So what did Christianity do to become the super power it is? She went on to talk about the fact that most people think that Christianity sprang up overnight. It didn't. It was fought for, and the same as most religions throughout history. For the religions that survived until modern times, it left hatred.

I kind of relate this to slavery. In that there is still a lot of ethnic issues in America over slavery that happened hundreds of years ago, and that slavery had only lasted what.. 100 years or more? To Muslims, this has been happening to them for most of their existence. Do I feel sympathetic for them? Not really, as they also waged war in the name of their religion too. But I do understand a lot of it.

In my family, I have several Christian pastors. They accept me for what I believe and I for what they believe. We can sit and have discussions and it's eye opening at times. I used to think this way that they were waging a war for my soul with my mouth, but that's just an adolescent notion of the larger picture that they view my mindset as a failure. Here they spent their lives preaching this Gospel to the communities and lost me, their own blood. So, I try to take nothing personal and try not to dish out anything personal. It was a big change in my family, but we've all eventually come to terms with our differences and make no apologies for being able to have the freedom to believe what each and everyone of us does.

So Christianity gets a really bad rap. I know and understand that. It comes with the territory of being the Big Dog of religions in the world.