Time Travel and myself

Time Travel and myself

Originally posted by gomp+Dec 19 2004, 08:52 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hdrkid@Dec 17 2004, 08:55 AM
To Gomp:

Don't be so sure, this matches what I have seen in my jumps to the future.
Our warm wet world turned into a red radioactive ruin.

To Malaki:

I noticed that the EMP hi-burst fried most of our electronics,
but a few cars were still operational.

Manual typewriters, anything that does not require electricity
become very valuable after the war.

No wonder John Titor said "Get a bike".

Please supply more information on post war earth.

HDRkid you seem like a nice guy too
But I think you and malaki are on this board to get attention, maybe your parents dont pay attantion to you maybe your not very popular in the real world and that is why you have created eleborate fantisies and stories to make your selfs feel important.
And never tell me to not be so sure about any thing with it comes to teleacommunications. it is a cold hard fact that radiation fall out after a high altitude nuclear blast will not affect the government/military communications. there are systems already in place that are not affected at all by radiation.
I know, I spent 4 years maintaining and operating them.
:devil:
[snapback]18328[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Most civilian electronics, communications, etc get disrupted by EMPs and radiation. Most nuclear blasts wont be high altitude, but it will be ground detonations. Some government/military communications will get disrupted because beta and gamma radiation travel far and contain lots of energy for Beta radiation is fast moving energetic particles, and gamma rays are pure energy. Some exposed communications are dirupted by the radiation. EMP can still affect other electronic equiptment, since its a high electromagnetic burst, this short circuites or fries most electronics it hits, depending on its intensity. Thermonuclear blasts release a lot more radiation and EMF, and EMP then earlier forms of nuclear weapons. The Alpha and Beta radiation would move a lot faster due to the intense chain reactions inside, thus traveling farther and penetrating deeper, this raises the possibility for affecting even protected electronics. IF they were turned off at the time, then its more likely to be unaffected. I suggest you read a book on radiation, EMP and its effects, or watch "Suicide at Chernobyl". Both of these contain lots of information relating to the subject of radiation and EMP.

Time Travel and myself

Originally posted by PyRo99+Dec 19 2004, 10:50 PM--><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Traveler Malaki@Dec 17 2004, 10:31 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-hdrkid
@Dec 17 2004, 09:55 AM
To Gomp:

Don't be so sure, this matches what I have seen in my jumps to the future.
Our warm wet world turned into a red radioactive ruin.

To Malaki:

I noticed that the EMP hi-burst fried most of our electronics,
but a few cars were still operational.

Manual typewriters, anything that does not require electricity
become very valuable after the war.

No wonder John Titor said "Get a bike".

Please supply more information on post war earth.

Factories try to build generaters after the war, some succeed, but most fail because radiation messes with electronics and engines. It takes a while, but generaters are build, and although most electronics get destroyed and disrupted, factories in the countryside where nuclear effects didnt affect them help rebuild, it does take a while of civil wars, rioting, etc before most countries and governments are up and running again. Some countries are run by religious zealots after the war and get divided up into countries, the United States, Russia, China and N.Korea get divided into or more sections after the war. Its a very hard time for everyone, it takes at least a century for mostly everying to recover. I will return to that time later on to get further information.
[snapback]18214[/snapback]​

Which war are we speaking of?
[snapback]18335[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

This would be the near-future nuclear war and holocaust.

HDRKID

Time Travel and myself

Hi Pyro:

One that takes place in a few years.

Hi Malaki:

I have made many jumps to the future and seen many outcomes,
but on most lines WWIII does happen.

One question for you.
Did Bush invade Iran in 2006?

Time Travel and myself

Originally posted by hdrkid@Dec 20 2004, 10:28 AM
Hi Pyro:

Hi Malaki:

One question for you.?

Bush invades Iran on March 2005, then invades N.Korea on June of the same year, this starts the nuclear war. The war in Iran starts to go bad in May, which he will reinstate the draft, then lots of people get drafted and get sent there, and later on to N.Korea. Two days ago i made a jump, i went inside my future self's body, i looked at a calender in my dads house and the date was June 5, 2005. I saw my mom come over to pick us up, once we pulled out of the driveway, i saw a black object hit the ground, then a very bright flash came once it hit the ground, i turned away and about 5 seconds later i heard a sharp explosion, i became fearful, and i could see some sort of distortion coming fast, i ducked inside the van and i could feel it being thrown, it scared me so much that it forced me back into my own body back here. I think that was another line though, since sometimes when i make jumps i see myself doing different activities, and many different outcomes, the nuke hits WPAFB, other times it misses or gets shot down by some sort of weapon and detonates somewhere else. Hopefully if its quiet enough, i can meditate longer and be able to remember the energy of the timeline im in, concentrate on going to the future and the feeling of the timeline at the same time, and thus hit this timeline or get a closer variable.

PyRo99

Time Travel and myself

Originally posted by Traveler Malaki+Dec 20 2004, 10:33 AM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hdrkid@Dec 20 2004, 10:28 AM
Hi Pyro:

Hi Malaki:

One question for you.?

Bush invades Iran on March 2005, then invades N.Korea on June of the same year, this starts the nuclear war. The war in Iran starts to go bad in May, which he will reinstate the draft, then lots of people get drafted and get sent there, and later on to N.Korea. Two days ago i made a jump, i went inside my future self's body, i looked at a calender in my dads house and the date was June 5, 2005. I saw my mom come over to pick us up, once we pulled out of the driveway, i saw a black object hit the ground, then a very bright flash came once it hit the ground, i turned away and about 5 seconds later i heard a sharp explosion, i became fearful, and i could see some sort of distortion coming fast, i ducked inside the van and i could feel it being thrown, it scared me so much that it forced me back into my own body back here. I think that was another line though, since sometimes when i make jumps i see myself doing different activities, and many different outcomes, the nuke hits WPAFB, other times it misses or gets shot down by some sort of weapon and detonates somewhere else. Hopefully if its quiet enough, i can meditate longer and be able to remember the energy of the timeline im in, concentrate on going to the future and the feeling of the timeline at the same time, and thus hit this timeline or get a closer variable.
[snapback]18352[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Interesting. So march and June? Cool, can't wait for that to come.

gomp

Time Travel and myself

you guys can babble all you want.
the fact is, the internet will be gone if a nuclear war ever happens not many servers are kept in places that will be safe from nukes. but the military/government communications lines will be fine. back during the cold war they built comm equipment that could with-stand nuclear war. A better point to argue is that no one, has intercontinental balistic missles. and even if a country did we have partiot missles that will take them out befor they make it into US airspace.
now your story is creative, and you should be happy that alot of people on this board will eat that stuff up. But I, and still calling bull ######. if you want to prove me wrong zip your magical butt to the year 4382, then cast another spell and bring your self and some seriously high tech hard ware(flying car, personal space craft, what ever) back to this time, then show it to me in person.
but please keep your little doomsday theories to your self.

StarLord

Time Travel and myself

LMAO!!!!! :lol: Well, at least your honest gomp.

There are a few countries that have ICBM's they are not a myth. We do, Russia does, some of the satelite states that broke away have the ICBM's that Russia place there. Dont forget about theirs and our Subs, plenty of party favors there. It is rumored that China has ICBM's or will have tout suite. Long range delivery systems are not the real problem though, its the MIRV's that each side has to worry about. Anti-Missle systems are all fine and great but what do you do about a single blip that is incoming and all of a sudden it splits into anywhere from 4 to 9 seperate warheads.

That is a Pucker Factor of 13 on a 1 to 9 scale IMHO.

For myself, I have the hope that all sides realize that NOBODY wins when it comes to warfare of this sort. Sure you may have beat me, but the land you just nuked my not be useable for ages.

CaryP

Time Travel and myself

Originally posted by gomp@Dec 20 2004, 02:22 PM
the fact is, the internet will be gone if a nuclear war ever happens not many servers are kept in places that will be safe from nukes. but the military/government communications lines will be fine. back during the cold war they built comm equipment that could with-stand nuclear war. A better point to argue is that no one, has intercontinental balistic missles. and even if a country did we have partiot missles that will take them out befor they make it into US airspace.
now your story is creative, and you should be happy that alot of people on this board will eat that stuff up. But I, and still calling bull ######. if you want to prove me wrong zip your magical butt to the year 4382, then cast another spell and bring your self and some seriously high tech hard ware(flying car, personal space craft, what ever) back to this time, then show it to me in person.

Whoa. Slow down there gomp. While I'm on your side in terms of believing in time travel, there's absolutely no reason to go and get all crossways with these boys. They've been polite and respectful. I suggest you do the same. Some of your points lack merit (no one has ICBM's - several do). Should I jump your ass over that? Nope. Requesting magical crap from the future is about as useful as an utter on a boar hog. Won't happen. So calm down and have some manners. It's Christmas anyway. Play nice, or I won't.

Cary

hellrazor

Time Travel and myself

Originally posted by hdrkid@Sep 26 2004, 08:47 PM
Hi Kevin:

Thanks for having the courage to post your experiences.

Things like what you describe happen to me all the time. :)

For example, the microwave oven in our house suddenly had a huge gash like somebody dropped it and then a few days later the gash was gone. Both my mother and father found that odd.

Also, the bathroom mirror had a big long crack in it and then a few days later the crack was gone! My mom got so worried that she wanted to move out of the house. She did not like seeing the mirror heal itself. The mirror has no crack in it now. It is as if the crack never happened. ?:huh:

I did not tell my mom that I had been using the HDR unit, which is great for messing up clocks. Steven Gibbs believes that the HDR may have moved me into another timeline.

What you report about electronic devices not working after the war is accurate. Do you have a bicycle? Guess what most cars do NOT work after the war, but a few do.

Keep on posting. ?:D

do u talk to gibbs telepathicly or soming as i dont think he is in the position to talk to anyone where he is atm.

hellrazor

Time Travel and myself

the fact is, the internet will be gone if a nuclear war ever happens not many servers are kept in places that will be safe from nukes. but the military/government communications lines will be fine.? back during the cold war they built comm equipment that could with-stand nuclear war. A better point to argue is that no one, has intercontinental balistic missles. and even if a country did we have partiot missles that will take them out befor they make it into US airspace.

work out how many pcs there are in the world how many places they are in how many of em have access to the web and how fast they will recover from attacks, you will then see tht doesnt matter how many bombs are going off the recovery ratio is far to great for internet to disapear, and the fact that there are satellites transmitting internet would make it hard for a nuke to effect the web, ffs the internet is just one big network if you have people you will always have a network ;)