TimeBenders machine ideas.

HackimerRob

So there was a member on the other board called TimeBender. I've been thinking a lot about his machine he spoke of. Basically the general ideas seem plausible, but I'm also not a gravitational space time physicist.
His idea was a ring of electromagnets which I assume an individual could step into or on top of. The electromagnets were supposedly controlled to turn on and off by a cesium timer clock, or something to that effect. Basically the effect being produced was as he said "tricking" space time into thinking that you're moving close to the speed of light and using the theory behind Einstins E=mc2 that as a mass approaches the C, it would slow down travelling forward.

If the gravitational distortions created by this ring of Electromanets were powerful enough to create, well, basicall a gravity tornado, or whirlpool, then I believe it would slow the matter inside the machine making faster than normal forward time travel possible.

There is an equation that needs to be figured and that is this:
Variables:
Size of electromagnets = (SMAG)
Number of Magnets in ring= (NMAG)
Electrical power being pumped into magnets = I don't know if it's volts, or amps, or ohms even anyone else? (ELEC)
Effect on gravity by (SMAG)+(ELEC) = (EGRV)
Then there needs to be the timing mechanism. I wish I was an electronics genius, but I'm not, and I don't know enough about processors, but I was speaking with A friend who does, and he said that we could use a processor to get the ring of electromagnets to cycle binarily at a rate of 186,000 cycles per secon or faster. This should in theory, if enough electricity was pumped into the emags and SMAG and NMAG was high enough begin to make EGRV a value that spins space time. Perhaps creating a very small mock black hole.
I would like some others input at this stage as I need to do further research on this topic.
If TimeBender was not faking and his claims of travelling forward and back in time were real, then he may have been on the right track here.

Anyone? I'll post more on this topic if and when I get more.
Thanks.

Hack

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

This makes sense to me, but I still have no idea how to go about figuring this out.

If not a time machine, then something else interesting would happen I'm sure. I'd love to build one though.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

How big would the ring of electromagnets be? And how high?

Gary

You know, that's a very intriguing possibility! Are we capable of "tricking" space-time? That would, as you say, be a mini-black hole. Sounds like a great theory to me.... Gary

HackimerRob

Wish I'd thought of it, i'm just using TimeBenders ideas, and enhancing and guessing from them. I have to go do some real research and learn some real math to get started on this.
:cry: <- I really like this smilie.

Phoenix

Originally posted by Hackimer, Rob@Jun 18 2004, 08:29 PM
Wish I'd thought of it, i'm just using TimeBenders ideas, and enhancing and guessing from them. ?I have to go do some real research and learn some real math to get started on this.
:cry: <- I really like this smilie.
Cornelia asked for the *cry* emoticon. :)

HackimerRob

TheHeggy Posted on Jun 18 2004, 08:33 PM
If anyone needs any help with this, I'm more than happy to offer a hand. ?
You mean with building or attempting to desgin this machine? Or with the smilie thing?
I mean of COURSE I'd need help. Do you have knowledge of electromagnetic effects on gravity based on the amount of electricity?
How big WOULD the circle have to be?
Who can do all this math?
Anyone!?

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor

Hackimer, Rob

I might think about helping you, build this device. If your thinking is black holes, you have gone the wrong direction in your Time Bending thinking; it is not about black holds people.

Professor Opmmur