Timelines and the AfterLife question

darkbreed

Re: Timelines and the AfterLife question

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
So each self is accountable for thier own actions. So there could be an infinate number of selfs who have a negative karma balance and an infinate number of selfs who have a positive balance? But each self is accountable individually?[/b]

Yes that's pretty much how I see it, and that makes sense regarding different alternate dimensions and such, with different timelines. So I don't think you should worry much about what the other you's are doing around in their worlds, its what YOU do that matters. I don't know how much we are "connected" to any of our other selfs, if more than we are "connected" to any other persons at all. In the beginning we all came from the same source, and we all have the same final destination

QuantumLeap

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"yeyeman9\")</div>
God won't punish you no matter what. Only way to go to \"hell\" is because you want to or because you kill yourself, but it won't be for eternity. You come here with a free will to do anything you want, he won't punish you for not \"following his rules\" since he has no rules or else it would be against your free will.[/b]
The 10 Commandments?

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"QuantumLeap\")</div>
The 10 Commandments?[/b]

What about the 10 commandments? Surely you are not going to bring the issue of SIN up are you?

That is a concept made long ago in order to help people control themselves.
"Better not do that or God will punish you" "Hey, do you want to go to Hell?"
These are outmoded concepts. What you give out comes back to you. Much the same as An Eye for an Eye and You reap what you sow. Both relate to the cause and effect of Karma. The bottom line is experience. Experience is the ONLY thing we check out with.

QuantumLeap

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
What about the 10 commandments? Surely you are not going to bring the issue of SIN up are you?

That is a concept made long ago in order to help people control themselves.
\"Better not do that or God will punish you\" \"Hey, do you want to go to Hell?\"
These are outmoded concepts. What you give out comes back to you. Much the same as An Eye for an Eye and You reap what you sow. Both relate to the cause and effect of Karma. The bottom line is experience. Experience is the ONLY thing we check out with.[/b]
StarLord-That is your opinion. yeyeman9 had made a comment that God has no rules. The 10 Commandments are rules and they have been handed down century after century. I wasn't bringing up the "Sin" word. You mention that the only thing we check out with is expirience. Where's the proof in that?

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"QuantumLeap\")</div>
StarLord-That is your opinion. yeyeman9 had made a comment that God has no rules. The 10 Commandments are rules and they have been handed down century after century. I wasn't bringing up the \"Sin\" word. You mention that the only thing we check out with is expirience. Where's the proof in that?[/b]

Firstly, no it's not MY opinion. It's information from a few different sources.

The proof would be both 'Common Sense' and child prodigies. Add to that the fact that it's impossible to learn all we need in one life time. Can't be done. Especially due to the fact that Soul needs to experience being both male and female.

QuantumLeap

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Firstly, no it's not MY opinion. It's information from a few different sources.

The proof would be both 'Common Sense' and child prodigies. Add to that the fact that it's impossible to learn all we need in one life time. Can't be done. Especially due to the fact that Soul needs to experience being both male and female.[/b]
And what would those sources be? Sounds like an interesting read. As for not bein able to learn all we can in one life time...I believe that we're given just enough for our purpose here on earth. Let me ask you this StarLord...do you believe in coincidence?

yeyeman9

Yes, and it was not my opinion either. I read it in a book called "conversations with God". Totally has sense. The 10 commandments were made by human beings to keep control, the Bible the "Holy Book" has been changed a lot to fit into religions as they wish. At first the Bible included re-incarnation, now it does not. It can help to some people read the Bible, but I wouldn't read it literaly just simbolicaly.

God won't give you free will to then later on tell you "follow this 10 things or else I will make you go to hell." that wouldn't be free will. Karma does exist tho, if you are negative all the time you will atract exactly that, negative things.

About coincidence, I know the question was for Starlord, but I don't believe in coincidence. I believe, and I am pretty sure, everything happens for a reason. You don't meet someone for coincidence, you don't get somewhere for coincidence, there is a reason behind everything. Heck if it wasn't for a friend of mine I wouldn't be in this forum today, cuse thanks to him I found it, and thanks to this forum I got into spiritualism. No coincidence, just ment to be.

QuantumLeap

My feelings about coincidence are exactly the same yeyeman9. Everything happens for a reason. Everything! Sometime we don't understand it but thats ok. We probably don't need to.

JRSpencer

Compelling entries. God is an all-knowing, omnipresent force. This force knows all the decisions we could make and all the avenues each person can go in their lives. God knows what would be beneficial to each person should they make the "right" life choices and what would be harmful should someone make "wrong" life choices. Ultimately it is up to us to chose what we think is right or beneficial.

I feel that when someone has the ability to think for themself, meaning that when they are informed and well-rounded and know truths about who they are, they will make the best decisions.

sinister

I'm working on a theory regarding all of this. God, in my opinion, is the same as saying 'global consciousness'. There are infinite worldlines, in my opinion, and these all contribute to this global consciousness. If you state that there are infinite worldlines, then regardless of our actions in reality, there is and always will be an opposite action. We make decisions based on a combination of our connection with this global consciousness and the beliefs/traits we've picked up in our particular environment/upbringing. Across this global consciousness, there are memes, or thoughts that move like particles. As the memes you release build up in one direction, they will affect your reality. This is my bungling explanation to describe karma. The more guilt you feel about your actions, the more negative thought is put out, and the more things are swayed against your favor. If we look at every action we make as neither good nor bad, but just one of infinite actions, then we would no longer experience guilt. No matter what decisions we make, we are somehow contributing to the balance. I'm still developing all of this, let me know what you all think.