Timelines and the AfterLife question

Harte

Re: Timelines and the AfterLife question

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"isabel\")</div>
I believe hell is a category that doesn't necessarily have something to do with dying. It's not a place, nor an alternate timeline or dimension, but a state of the human soul...

..And finally, no - I don't think we pay for the sins of our other selves. Parallel universes are just that - parallel. We take it one life at a time:)[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Starlord\")</div>
Life here is 'exciting' enough, there is no hell unless you want to make one for yourself when you check out of here. Whats the sense in having to go someplace because you made a bad decision? We usually get to pay for those mistakes here in spades.[/b]

I've gotta say that I agree with isabel and starlord on this. Now, having said that, I sure hope they're right.

Harte

StarLord

Harte,

I am shocked, you agreed with something!!!! Quick!! Break Out The Bubbly!!!

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Harte,

I am shocked, you agreed with something!!!! Quick!! Break Out The Bubbly!!![/b]

Starlord,
I don't want to be labeled a contrarian. Also, once in a while, you seem to make sense. Even a blind squirrel...
Pass that bubbly.
Harte

thenumbersix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"QuantumLeap\")</div>
Take memory, are we actually remembering an event and picturing it, or are we simply viewing the event remotely, being led there by key points actually stored somewhere in our being ?-thenumbersix

So what if this is true? Could this be remote viewing of a time and place we once were? I can think of a place in my head. I can view it from any angle I choose as well. I can relive it over and over if I want as well. Could it be possible that we are actually viewing these events remotely and they're so second nature but science has us believing that these are just thoughts in our mind? It would be interesting to hear other comments on this.

A question, some people are theorising that the mind is a quantum computer of sorts. I can create a fairly detailed picture in my mind of pretty much anything. So, if you think of a scene does it make it real in an alternate universe? Inc which case it could never happen in yours as it exist elsewhere. Such as winning the lottery, the more sure I am gonna win the crappier my numbers turn out to be.-thenumbersix

To comment on the first part of this paragraph...I have had detailed images of somewhere in Egypt but, I've never been there. Its sits in my mind as if I had though. I can see the Pyramids and I remember looking up to the blue sky like I was standing right in front of them (Pyramids). I remember walking around looking at all the different places as well. Now someone might say did you see this on t.v. and you're just remembering what you saw? I say no way! These are vivid images I have. Could this be an alternate timeline being mixed in with my life now? Or, is this possibly an act of Reincarnation? On that subject a friend and myself had got real stoned one time. Now I believe when we take do things that are mind altering we are opening more of our minds power and senses. So anys, my friend and I got real stone and he said all of a sudden I was talking about strange people and places. He asked me my name and I kept replying \"my name is John.\" My friend then asked me what year it was and I said \"its 1927.\" It took me awhile to snap out of whatever was happening to me but I do remember the whole incident. I remember everything I said even insisting it was 1927. I'd like to hear anyones opinion on this cause I believe I have a theory.
The second part of thenumbersixes paragraph was THINKING that this is my week to win the Lottery. I know that I have thought that many times and when I did my numbers weren't even drawn but, when I just went ahead and bought a ticket for the hell of it I would win 7 or 10 dollars. There's something thenumbersix says here that has me really thinking but I can't seem to put my finger on it but there's something there. Something very powerful. If sombody wouldn't mind looking at that 4th paragraph of thenumbersixes reply where the lottery is mentioned and maybe analyzing it. It would awesome to hear what you all think. Well I'm tired of typing but I will comment more later. Hopefully someone will have some great stuff to add.[/b]

To add. The lottery scenario...I have carried on buying lottery tickets and scratch cards at a bit of a reduced rate. But, since Christmas I have won absolutely NIL. Scratch cards I usually do really well on, I go into the shop and just get a 'feel' for which one to go for. The odds alone for not hitting at least a one pound winner must be astounding...I must have bought more than 30 !!

My point is that I am not winning, not so much as I don't need it, but I have the means to not need to win the lottery yet I'm not taking the opportunities to their full extent and not working hard enough, even the rich do well in luck, so long as they fill their potential !

It's like when I needed change in my pocket because I was skint, yet at the time I was in a factory but working hard to get myself out, 'luck' was on my side. Yet now I am not fulfilling my potential I am shiv out of luck....

Waste of potential seems to be a very big no no, and probably a bit of laziness also, and not facing what I clearly have and running with it....