Timelines and the AfterLife question

thenumbersix

Re: Timelines and the AfterLife question

I would say that the nearest timelines only hold relatively small differences. For someone to be a serial killer in another reality something would have triggered the change at some point and the divergence would be great.

I don't really buy into the theory that everything happens somewhere, the alternate universe theory doesn't require there to be an infinite amount of different realities, just enough to cover the effects of random events in your own life.

I'm not saying it's not possible, in some other world you could have accidently killed a family member with a seemingly inocuos act which slowly sent you mad, but wouldn't this be a vastly different person to the one you are now so a long way through many realities where less drastic changes are apparent. For example, is there really a need to have two seperate realities where a speck of dust or a water molecule is in a slightly different place in each, the only time it would be important is at the time of observing it, maybe then alternate realities spring into existence as it becomes a point of focus and relevance ?

A question, some people are theorising that the mind is a quantum computer of sorts. I can create a fairly detailed picture in my mind of pretty much anything.So, if you think of a scene does it make it real in an alternate universe ? In which case it could never happen in yours as it exists elsewhere. Such as winning the lottery, the more sure I am that I'm gonna win the crappier my numbers turn out to be.

This is different from willing something or causing things to happen through strong belief, I'm thinking actual visualisation in the mind of a specific chain of events, maybe there is a fine line here ?

It actually has helped with my fear of flying, in my mind I fear the plane crashing so have created it in an alternate reality, though the flip side could be that by creating a nearby reality in which the plane goes burning to the ground I increase the chances of it happening in mine, just by a slightly different means. I think I just made myslef scared of flying again :grin:

QuantumLeap

TheNumberSix-Could you elaborate a little more on your last 3 paragraphs please. Something went off inside my head reading them and I want to understand them better. If you would be so kind? You could PM also. Thanks!

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"QuantumLeap\")</div>
And what would those sources be? Sounds like an interesting read. As for not bein able to learn all we can in one life time...I believe that we're given just enough for our purpose here on earth. Let me ask you this StarLord...do you believe in coincidence?[/b]

I'll touch on this tomorrow. (Time To Go)

Cubby

Who needs an alternate timeline to act out so many versions of self when so many selves are already acting out many versions of being human? The positive, neutral and negative are all here already, and the necessary opposition to that even could lie in matter/anti-matter and the neutral nothingness that both bring.

"There are infinite worldlines, in my opinion"

Yea, like the one where we thought the world was flat! Imagine those days of: "don't go too far! you'll fall off." The only way we got around that was those reckless chaps who insisted "really? nahhh.. I'm gonna go see"... I'm sure quite a few fell off something in their travels, what a start though to think "this is it" everytime they lost their balance.

Time and Effort eventually resulted in a round world. Reality flows both ways, wether you're taking from it or bringing more into it. New ideas can be quickly dismissed based on past inferences and wether we take science or religion's side, they're going to be until proven/massively accepted.

StarLord

Let's see, who's on first... Ah! We choose way before we come here most of the things we are going to experience much like selecting college courses. Due to love, groups of Souls will choose to incarnate for generations within the same family. Each one playing a different part, Father, Mother, son, daughter, Uncle Grand Father, Grand Mother, close cousins... shunting from male to female which ever is necessary.

All of it is written in a sense and off we go, each major decision decides the direction our life will take. So, I do not subscribe to coincidences. Everything happens for a specific reason. It is up to us to notice the underlying significance.

Speaking of Reincarnation and the Bible, I believe there is reference to John the Baptist being Reincarnated. Him another character also if I am not mistaken.

Personally, I can't see the use of multiple 'us' all doing this at the same time and only one of us is aware at any given moment. However, I DO have to comment on the Dream State. If excercized enough in the right fashion, our Dream Stae of consciousness becomes just as real, if not more, than the waking state of consciousness. As the dream state is of a higher state than the Physical Plane, both are just as viable as each other.

thenumbersix

I suppose I'm implying that the image we create in our minds when thinking of something is real in some, way. No doubt part of our evolution, such skills used in real-time situations, when you life is threatened, would give a substantial edge over the adversary.

Take memory, are we actually remembering an event and picturing it, or are we simply viewing the event remotely, being led there by key points actually stored somewhere in our being ?

Therefore, if we imagine an event that doesn't exist yet, supposing this turns our 'viewer' around to project, does this bring the event into being along some parallel universe. If so it might have some 'drag' on our existing reality and effect it slightly in the relevant way.

This would get rid of the what I was thinking as the difference between visualisation and will, they are actually the same. Visualisation has always been suggested for self-improvement and seems to work, we are creating alternate realities that didn't exist with projection or are strengnthening existing realities with will, the more we imagine them the more solid and closer to or own existence they will become ?

QuantumLeap

thenumbersix-I believe you are an absolute genius. No joke. I will touch on his post when I have more time. Been crazy around here the last couple of days. Stay tuned. You don't want to miss this. Especially you StarLord. Great respect for you as well my friend.