Was Jesus born with Original Sin?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Maybe you could share the can of food with the man.
Cool. Now we can die together, just a little later. It's only enough calories to last ONE person until rescue.

If do no evil equates to do no harm, then sharing the food is the most evil option. Giving the food harms yourself. Eating the food harms him. "Sharing" does not equate to "good". Self preservation cannot be immoral.

Last edited:

Gnostic Christian

I am about to die of starvation. I have one can of food left. I encounter another person about to die from starvation. He has no food cans. Am I doing harm by saving myself? Am I doing harm by saving him?

Break into a store. The cops will feed you. If your friend does not help you get arrested, that is definitely evil.

Regards
DL

Last edited by a moderator:

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Break into a store. The cops will feed you. If your friend does not help you get arrested, that is definitely evil.

Regards
DL
You're coming up with arbitrary external narratives to arrive at the conclusion you've predetermined to be the one you want?If that's your line of thinking, then the premise of your thread is dishonest. I was genuinely curious, but nobody wants to play.

Last edited:

JahaRa

I agree from a religious POV.

I do not agree from a naturalistic and evolutionary POV.

If we use the words, do evil or harm to others instead of sin, the you will likely recognize that we are all forced to do evil or harm to others as we evolve and grow.

We must both cooperate and compete as we go through life. When we cooperate then no harm is done to anyone, but when we compete and win, the loser will feel that evil has befallen him.

From that POV, we are all born to do evil and harm. In that sense, we are all born sinners. Pardon that silly word.

This basically shows that I have no problem of evil that a belief in a good god creates.

Regards
DL
That is something that is taught, we are not born with it. Your are not expressing a naturalist and evolotionary POV. Nature does not do evil to others, there is a balance, some animals need to eat others to survive, if they did not eat those others, the others would become too populous and cause damage just trying to survive. None of it is evil. And humans actually are not living natually. Evolutionally now, humans are more stupid and less able to survive than they were 200 years ago. So evolution does not apply when talking about humans, nor does naturalism, since we defy that every day as a species.

dimension-1hacker

That is something that is taught, we are not born with it. Your are not expressing a naturalist and evolotionary POV. Nature does not do evil to others, there is a balance, some animals need to eat others to survive, if they did not eat those others, the others would become too populous and cause damage just trying to survive. None of it is evil. And humans actually are not living natually. Evolutionally now, humans are more stupid and less able to survive than they were 200 years ago. So evolution does not apply when talking about humans, nor does naturalism, since we defy that every day as a species.
evolution is defined as something becoming something else which is beneficial or not depending on what the changes the organism is caused to do worse or better. Evil is just a word representing a definition which is a description of something occurring in the universe and all of existence is just objects of difference volume and density interacting. therefore, because that is all that exists that is all evil can be, don't think like a person who hasn't thought about what thoughts are. Most things people think are black and whites are just forms of gra except for that statement.