Well, well, well...

Judge Bean

Well, well, well...

Originally posted by Perry Nelson@Nov 15 2004, 08:21 AM
Finally you have arrived. Evidently, the date I was given was incorrect by several weeks. This fact alone is disturbing.

We have a problem, and this was the only method by which I was certain to contact you, as we knew you would be participating in this forum (as so many of us have). I have been \"lurking\" for a month or so, now, IT. I apologize for not contacting you via this message board yesterday. Another minor change was reported yesterday at 11:02 GMT, IT. You will know of which I speak if you are scanning the news as required.

Permission has been granted to reveal certain information. The Titor incident and the subsequent actions of the twenty-first century fanatics have made this necessary. We must confer regarding how much to reveal. This board has a messaging system. We will make use of it. If there are others who know of which I speak, please contact me forthwith.

I will register with this board as per its protocol as soon as I have heard from you.

You know me by the name I have chosen to take up here. It is from Heinlein, the twentieth century author of whom we have spoken on a number of occasions.

You know, sometimes you future boys really burn me up.

For starters, this is not your private bus station. This is a forum, an innovative communications system, a place where people come to meet and discuss what is important to them. It is not a drop-off for bagmen involved in some Action Movie melodrama, or a safehouse nearby an alley to pass code to shadowy figures lurking under gaslamps. This device was at first called a Message or Bulletin Board, but it has evolved, here, beyond that, and it is not just someplace for you to drop a scented hanky as a signal for your pal.

"We will make use of it." Please don't. Move along. Nothing for you here. Others may think that you are being polite, but I think what you are doing is the very soul of rudeness. You show no regard or respect for any of us.

As for your story, let me say that Titor is not an incident. What Titor is in fact is the author, using a pen-name, of a piece of literature. It is probable that he is more than one person, and it is possible that he is a government disinformation project. This is a dangerous and humiliating insult in its own right, and you have managed to compound it by giving it the temporary glow of authenticity. None of us will tolerate being manipulated by those who make the dubious claim of knowing what is best for us.

It is likely that you have decided to attach yourself parasitically to the Coyote narrative, which, if true, shows further deficiency of taste and courtesy. We need you and Coyote to come forth and be candid about this entire affair, and we need concrete evidence of your claims. I do not speak for everyone, and there may be some among us who are content to play the game of Time Cop and Robber and Basketball scores; as for those for whom I might speak, we will not long endure folly, and you have strained our patience somewhat already-- with a single post.

StarLord

Well, well, well...

In all seriousness, I have to side with Paul on this. Pauls' post most certainly is not a flame but a very real feeling that most of us share. We are tired of having to hear deceptions and prevarications and forced to be polite about it when the originators are content to yank chains and flee when the time comes for facts and the truth.

Provide the facts to your claim.

Perry Nelson

Well, well, well...

The Coyote is not who is purports to be.

I cannot say more than this now, because this was not supposed to happen.

When I speak of "the Titor incident," please understand that I am speaking from my point of view, and not necessarily the point of view of this time period.

As for using this board, it is necessary for us to make use of what is already here, and this board is already here. I will try to be as open and honest with you and all others on the board as possible, but for now you will have to be patient.

For now, I do not know if the Coyote is someone who is simply playing a game with me or if the situation is a serious one.

Please do not take offense. I do not intend to be rude. It is difficult when one is working within a culture one only has second hand knowledge of.

This was also the only way for me to deliver my message.

If you care to ask me questions, I will try to answer them as best I can. For the moment, however, I am confused by what was first the late arrival of the Coyote and then by discovering that he was an imposter. When I saw the animal name and read the description, I was certain he had arrived.

I am also confused by the fact that several important events which you now consider historical are not part of the history I know of late twentieth and early twenty-first century America.

If you will be patient, I will try to determine what has gone wrong and how it might be corrected.

One last thing: Titor was not a government disinformation project, at least not those messages which were actually from Titor. This is yet another problem I must investigate.

I am neither "yanking your chain" nor fleeing. I beg your patience.

sosuemetoo

Well, well, well...

Originally posted by StarLord@Nov 15 2004, 07:47 PM
In all seriousness, I have to side with Paul on this. Pauls' post most certainly is not a flame but a very real feeling that most of us share. We are tired of having to hear deceptions and prevarications and forced to be polite about it when the originators are content to yank chains and flee when the time comes for facts and the truth.

Provide the facts to your claim.

I understand your frustration Star, but we have a certain rule that Mods have to abide by.

2. Members are free to discuss, disect, and debunk the stories of any purported TTer. However, the TTer must be given the same respect and courtesy that we would expect any other member to be given. No exceptions.

The reason we have this rule is because we are a community that treats one another the way we would want to be treated. I was merely warning everyone before things got out of hand.

Let's just stay on topic, no snide remarks, and allow Coyote and Perry to provide proof.

sosuemetoo

Well, well, well...

Originally posted by Perry Nelson@Nov 15 2004, 08:45 PM
I am neither \"yanking your chain\" nor fleeing. I beg your patience.

I believe you and Coyote are being sincere unless you give me a reason to think otherwise. Feel free to PM me if you have doubts.

CaryP

Well, well, well...

<span style=\'color:red\'> Mod Edit: Warning Issued based on Rule #1. General insults directed at members, groups of members, or the entire board\" </span>

Gadfly

Well, well, well...

Hmm. I am not exactly sure what is happening here. However, we seem to have gotten side-tracked.

The thread was initiated by "Future Coyote" who claimed to be a researcher from the future. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt? What is the purpose of this forum?

What I like about academics (even present day ones) is that they have a lot of patience and a touch of class. They are objective and fair, and have a universal perspective. I can only assume that future academics have evolved even more.

Okay "Future Coyote". The ball is in your court. Care to continue where you left off?

We really want to learn and have a fascinating dialogue.

Timescholar

Well, well, well...

What I want to know is, what do you (umm, both of you now I guess...) do besides posting here?

Permission has been granted to reveal certain information. The Titor incident and the subsequent actions of the twenty-first century fanatics have made this necessary. We must confer regarding how much to reveal. This board has a messaging system. We will make use of it. If there are others who know of which I speak, please contact me forthwith.

Funny. Why post here instead of pm'ing that to Coyote, and telling us you 'have information'? ;)

JediStryker

Well, well, well...

I don't think that Coyote will be posting here again, unless he has a way to explain the information I PM'd to him this morning, or would like to admit his hoax and join the community as a regular member. That invitation is extended to his friends as well.

Perry Nelson

Well, well, well...

Originally posted by Timescholar@Nov 15 2004, 10:06 PM
What I want to know is, what do you (umm, both of you now I guess...) do besides posting here?

Funny. Why post here instead of pm'ing that to Coyote, and telling us you 'have information'? ;)

Because my message is not meant only for the person who I thought Coyote was, but for the others as well.

Obviously, we have ways of identifying ourselves to one another. The Coyote failed that test, meaning that he is not the person I thought he was.

It appears that one of the moderators on this board has more information regarding Coyote. I hope that information will make itself available in time. Either the Coyote has encountered others of us on this board or on others and is copying some of their style and their content, or I have found more trouble than I know how to deal with myself.

Are their more of you out there? You know how to self-identify.