What is the speed of dark?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

A black hole is a super condensed neutron star. ALL things in space are in motion, as the universe is constantly expanding.... So yes. Black holes have motion.

Phoenix

Originally posted by rialb@Sep 8 2004, 07:47 PM
My next question is.

Do black holes have motion?

Dj Blair Styles.
11:11
Where did you find the pic Blair?
What is it of?

iooqxpooi

Originally posted by StarLord@Sep 8 2004, 06:58 PM
Bingo Heggy!! If it's all pervasive in the absence of something, that means it dont move.

Hey, Iooqxpooi,, I think the problem is that you are confusing the fact that when you close your eyes when you are moving at .99C that dark inside your eyes is traveling as fast as you are, so In Your World/ Head you are correct. In the rest of the universe it just aint happening that way hoss.
Look. C is constant. Even if you're moving at c-1, c is still= to c. Thus the speed of dark is constant if you cannot see a difference in speed, and for it to be constant it must be = to c.

iooqxpooi

I think he means relative to a stationary observer in the universe.

Some black holes spin, and the greater the spin, the greater the escape velocity. The others are just amazingly massive.

rialb

Originally posted by Phoenix+Sep 9 2004, 03:50 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-rialb@Sep 8 2004, 07:47 PM
My next question is.

Do black holes have motion?

Dj Blair Styles.
Where did you find the pic Blair?
What is it of?
[snapback]8911[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Its a vortex i think i found it on a free Giff's file site.
I hope it was for free if its not i should remove it but I'm shaw it is royalty free.

If black hole have motion then the space around the black hole must be moving right?
I was wondering if the space can be measured.
What the speed of space would be?
And newtons law for every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction.

This is why i am asking light and dark.
Speed of light and the speed of dark.

And is the universe moving at the speed of light or something else?

Thank you
Dj Blair Styles.

iooqxpooi

Yes, because of the equation-

v=(v'+v'')/radical (1-((v' x v'')/c^2)))

Thus making it impossible for us to move at the speed of light. If this is not correct, then we can't tell, since we're moving at the universe's speed.

iooqxpooi

Originally posted by iooqxpooi+Sep 9 2004, 01:59 AM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-StarLord@Sep 8 2004, 06:58 PM
Bingo Heggy!!? If it's all pervasive in the absence of something,? that means it dont move.?

Hey,? Iooqxpooi,, I think the problem is that you are confusing the fact that when you close your eyes when you are moving at .99C that dark inside your eyes is traveling as fast as you are,? so In Your World/ Head you are correct.? In the rest of the universe it just aint happening that way hoss.
Look. C is constant. Even if you're moving at c-1, c is still= to c. Thus the speed of dark is constant if you cannot see a difference in speed, and for it to be constant it must be = to c.
[snapback]8916[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
And anyway, would you notice it? NO. Because the speed of light is c. Not anything faster or slower. Thus you can only notice the dark as the speed of light appears to be not there.

iooqxpooi

OK. This is a little above Newtonian mechanics, but here's your answer.

The thing that starts a black hole spinning is gravity. Gravity from where? The center of the black hole. The only reason it stays the way it is is because an object wants to experience the least force, thus moving out to the sides, and expanding. BUT, the Black Hole does not let it move out, and since it is spinning at c, the black hole's escape velocity must be c.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

No, it'd have to be MORE than C because a black hole also sucks in light. It's gravitational force is so strong that it even attracts photons..... So you'd have to be able to be moving FASTER than C in order to escape the gravitational pull.