Where is TimeFlipper?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Maybe im getting confused here in the message received from

‘South Normanton and Alfreton District ARC’ the club which he mentioned having some involvement.

M31CX is not a callsign format

Was something mixed up in the reply?

I discovered that in my search in an attempt to see if I could get to an address for the owner of the call sign. I believe Opmmur gave me that as the call sign he used. But I found an old post by TimeFlipper that showed his call sign to be M3ICX.

When searching I actually got results for the one TimeFlipper used. But nothing came up for the one Opmmur gave me. Wouldn't be the first time a "1" was used in place of an "I".

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I think we all should thank Snake Plissken his due diligence, without him probably would not be at this point in time. And also to thank the other great members: Einstein for his or original inquiry and posting, perhaps no one would've done it. Num7 and Cosmo for their support and input and good judgment on this matter of finding John Edwards. Also Wind7, Mayhem and Paulajedi support in trying to find answers as to what happened to John Edwards.

A side note: I know nothing about how England works the licensing in England for ham radio and John Edwards is the only person I've ever talked to using Echo-Link software, which is used by the Derby repeater and my repeater Keller Peak 50 miles straight east of Los Angeles, California. In the USA, once you pass your ham radio test and it is sent to the FCC, they will issue you your license and call letters based upon which class license go after. Every 10 years you need to renew your license because the license is only good for 10 years and then it expires. The point is if I had to guess, I would think England and the UK licenses are issued for duration of 10 years also. Now if that is true, which I believe it is probably people in a 10 year period and would have different addresses and/or different to cities. And when you renew your new license you must put your current address and then you're good for another 10 years. Back in 2015, John told me that he's living with his son and he works nights and sleeps during the day. The time difference between John's time and my time was eight hours. When my time is 8:00 PM, it would be 4:00 AM Darby England time.

The reason for stating this information: There is a possibility that John could have lived in a number of places during those years and that's why probably won't get a good current address for John. And if he went to live with other family members that would also be a problem current addresses. In the USA there is no acquirement to keep your amateur radio license address current and I would think it probably the same in UK.

I personally plan to continue the search for John Edwards and when I find something, I will post it. I would also encourage other members to do the same should they desire to do so.

Professor Opmmur

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I found a person with his name on Linked-In, in the town he lives in, and he sounds younger, but I messaged him. I'm not sure if he has a son or relative that shares his name, but it was worth a shot. This person works in construction. The problem with linked-in is that people don't visit that site very often to check their mail.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
I’ve forwarded Timeflippers obituary photograph to the Amateur Radio Club and basically asked, ‘do you know this man?’ No reply as yet..

I think the guy views me with a little suspicion, I get this. A random bloke contacting me over the internet about another members personal business would also generate suspicion with me.

If he gets back to me I will update the group..