Debate Why can't I point out pseudoscience?

titorite

By god you giving schorcher a run for his money as angriest brony there glim glam.

Maybe just enjoy the rainbows for awhile

titorite

How far do you have to pander to someone blatantly lying just for the sake of being pleasant.
Nobody has to lie about anything. It just like our opinions man.

We all have our opinions. Some in faith and some in science and some inbetween but like other level heads would argue, we can discuss our opinions without letting our ass hang out. So to speak.

Harte

I've always been of the opinion that there could be something to the paranormal world.
But constantly repeating untruths as if they were facts is not the way to find out.

I think that, when a claim can be shown to be untrue, it should be shown to be untrue so that people that are actually interested in the subject won't waste their time on BS blind alleys.

My own interests lie in the ancient past, not table-knocking mediums, time travel or UFOs. I think you have to pick a specialty among the kinds of claims made, or you'll spend the rest of your life looking into everything said.

I know enough Physics and Mathematics to know that many of these "scientific" claims cannot work the way they are described. Doesn't mean some of them don't work, it means that they are impossible as stated. This is the reason for asking for things like schematics, video, or other evidence of the things working. In that particular area, I don't ask for those things though, because I'm not gonna spend my time looking at them. Any decent bullshit artist can create a schematic that would take me a week to debunk, and videos are constantly faked.

On the other hand, a claim such as "Alexander the Great witnessed a UFO" can be easily checked.
If he did, there's no record of it.

I don't have that much life left. I'm not gonna waste it trying to build a caduceus coil.

Harte

TimeFlipper

I've always been of the opinion that there could be something to the paranormal world.
But constantly repeating untruths as if they were facts is not the way to find out.

I think that, when a claim can be shown to be untrue, it should be shown to be untrue so that people that are actually interested in the subject won't waste their time on BS blind alleys.

My own interests lie in the ancient past, not table-knocking mediums, time travel or UFOs. I think you have to pick a specialty among the kinds of claims made, or you'll spend the rest of your life looking into everything said.

I know enough Physics and Mathematics to know that many of these "scientific" claims cannot work the way they are described. Doesn't mean some of them don't work, it means that they are impossible as stated. This is the reason for asking for things like schematics, video, or other evidence of the things working. In that particular area, I don't ask for those things though, because I'm not gonna spend my time looking at them. Any decent bullshit artist can create a schematic that would take me a week to debunk, and videos are constantly faked.

On the other hand, a claim such as "Alexander the Great witnessed a UFO" can be easily checked.
If he did, there's no record of it.

I don't have that much life left. I'm not gonna waste it trying to build a caduceus coil.

Harte

I don't recall anybody asking you to build a caduceus coil Hartey, you don't have the manual dexterity for it!! :p:LOL:..