Why did Titor say 'go north'?

james

A voting map in the US is also a map of population densities. I think John was merely telling us that areas of the heaviest population would be hit (targeted) the hardest. North refers to areas of least population because no one designing a military attack would waste a good nuclear bomb on a farm or a forest. Our attackers would ultimately decide that the best strategy is to kill the people and save the resources for the victors. (Also, expect an invasion after they drop their nukes, assuming they have any forces left after the retaliatory strikes from US and allied nuclear forces.) I think John was trying to tell you to leave your beloved country and go to Canada to ensure your survival. Canada is a staunch ally of Americans, and would also be targeted in its more densely populated cities along the Canada/US border. The further north you get to in Canada, the less inhabited it is and therefore the less of a target. Also, don't forget the nuclear fallout. Even if you find a region of the US that is sparsely populated, the fallout from the prevailing winds would effect your survival in varying degrees. Alaska would probably be safe as well unless winds from Russia were likewise contaminated and penetrated inland from the coast. I'm thinking "safe" would be the northern Canadian Rockies (Alberta side)...maybe.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by james@Aug 8 2004, 03:42 AM
A voting map in the US is also a map of population densities. I think John was merely telling us that areas of the heaviest population would be hit (targeted) the hardest. North refers to areas of least population because no one designing a military attack would waste a good nuclear bomb on a farm or a forest. Our attackers would ultimately decide that the best strategy is to kill the people and save the resources for the victors. (Also, expect an invasion after they drop their nukes, assuming they have any forces left after the retaliatory strikes from US and allied nuclear forces.) I think John was trying to tell you to leave your beloved country and go to Canada to ensure your survival. Canada is a staunch ally of Americans, and would also be targeted in its more densely populated cities along the Canada/US border. The further north you get to in Canada, the less inhabited it is and therefore the less of a target. Also, don't forget the nuclear fallout. Even if you find a region of the US that is sparsely populated, the fallout from the prevailing winds would effect your survival in varying degrees. Alaska would probably be safe as well unless winds from Russia were likewise contaminated and penetrated inland from the coast. I'm thinking \"safe\" would be the northern Canadian Rockies (Alberta side)...maybe.

What many fail to take into account is that Titor is speaking of two things at once. The first thing he refers to is the civil war, which is between the urban and rural populations, but in which the rural population has swelled from the rebels leaving the cities. The second thing is the nuclear war, which hits the cities only. It is absurdly selfcentered to cast the entire drama into terms of one's own survival. You cannot read the clues to figure out what's going to happen just in order to save your own rear end. No one is going to want you if you're in it for yourself, at least not among those who are even now trying to rebuild society.

If you think of the whole thing in terms of the nuclear war only, you are undoubtedly one of those for whom the safety of others is a very low priority. This attitude would not be confined to just the holocaust, or its possibility, but to the way in which you regard others now, in a relatively peaceful society. It would not matter to you whether or not those around you are being deprived of their civil rights, for example, so long as you yourself were safe from the police and authorities.

The only way to go about this in my opinion is to join together now to avert the catastrophe while it is still hypothetical or only possible. In other words, we must all survive together somehow. The way we are divided is by demonizing some of us, by allowing our leaders to pit us against one another. The people are all together on the fundamentals; the corporate bosses of the nation are on the other side, and intend to make use of us. In many ways, the bombs have already fallen, and we are already in ruins.

pauli

:huh: Out of curiosity, north from where? Florida, Arkansas, New Mexico, California? The USA?? I'm kind of scratching my head over here, because you have to go north from somewhere.

Hello everyone. :D It's nice to see so many familiar faces.

I dont know

The Doobie Brothers said "Listen to the Music" for the times. . .

Maybe omer was involved. . . What's NORTH?

We gotta get out of this place. . .

RAINMAN

Judge Bean

Originally posted by I don't know@Aug 10 2004, 09:11 PM
The Doobie Brothers said \"Listen to the Music\" for the times. . .

Maybe omer was involved. . . ?What's NORTH?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?RAINMAN

No man, but that's heavy. No, really, I'm into the Moody Blues. They're out of sight.

Face piles of trials with smiles...

It's all there, man.

CaryP

"if it's the last thing we ever do."

That was Eric Burden and the Animals I believe. God, am I showing my age or what?

Cary

P.S. Doh! I'm following Paul again. Sorry, dude. You posted before I could get mine off. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

CaryP

Signs, Signs, everywhere signs

Wasn't that the 5 Man Electric Band? Or maybe it was "Signs, signs, everywhere a sign, blocking up the scenery and breaking my mind." Maybe they lifted Tesla's statement for their political song. Who knows, it could happen.

Cary

P.S. Yeah, I'm following you again, but I'm on a roll.