Forum Game Word Game - Lost in Time

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
images

In April 1975, Dahl was in a bar (which is now Beauregard Vineyards Tasting room in Bonny Doon) listening to his friends complain about their pets. This gave him the idea for the perfect "pet": a rock. A rock would not need to be fed, walked, bathed, groomed and would not die, become sick, or be disobedient. He said they were to be the perfect pets, and joked about it with his friends. However, he eventually took the idea seriously, and drafted an "instruction manual" for a pet rock. It was full of puns, gags and plays on words that referred to the rock as an actual pet. The original had no eyes.

The first Pet Rocks were ordinary gray stones bought at a builder's supply store. They were marketed like live pets, in custom cardboard boxes, complete with straw and breathing holes for the "animal." The fad lasted about six months, ending after a short increase in sales during the Christmas season of December 1975. Although by February 1976 they were discounted due to lower sales, Dahl sold 1.5 million Pet Rocks and became a millionaire.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
This was my first telephone, I used as a kid
on the old Iowa farm in the 1950's. It was a
party-line phone with 4 family's using the
line back than.

images

(2 long rings and 1 short ring it was for us).

TnWatchdog

4112533-old-photo-camera-with-bulb-flash.jpg

Kodak-Instamatic-X-15.jpg

Say cheese...but wait until I get the flash bulb in. I wish they could come up with a camera that doesn't need bulbs...wishfull thinking!

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Radar Range Microwave by Amana

images

In 1967, Amana, a division of Raytheon, introduced its domestic Radarange microwave oven, marking the beginning of the use of microwave ovens in home kitchens. Although sales were slow during the first few years, partially due to the oven’s relatively expensive price tag, the concept of quick microwave cooking had arrived. In succeeding years, Litton and a number of other companies joined the countertop microwave oven market. By the end of 1971, the price of countertop units began to decrease and their capabilities were expanded.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Player Piano and Play Piano Rolls

A player piano (also known as pianola or autopiano) is a self-playing piano, containing a pneumatic or electro-mechanical mechanism that operates the piano action via pre-programmed music perforated paper, or in rare instances, metallic rolls. The rise of the player piano grew with the rise of the mass-produced piano for the home in the late 19th and early 20th century.[1] Sales peaked in 1924, as the improvement in phonograph recordings due to electrical recording methods developed in the mid-1920s.

0.jpg

TnWatchdog

tumblr_m1xka7UTPS1rny8mqo1_500.jpg

pelton_7.jpg

I remember, as a kid, the Fuller Brush Man would come to the house with his bag full of brushes, combs, shoe horns, and whatever. If that happened today we would be calling the cops to haul him away...sorry Fuller Brush Man.