Forum Game Word Game - Lost in Time

TnWatchdog

il_fullxfull.234597506.jpg

6a00d8354f1fb569e201311003ca4d970c-pi

As a kid I remember getting a short hair cut...a butch, which I didn't like. The solution...plaster my hair with Butch Wax, which made me think it looked longer...duh...

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Red Man is a leading brand of chewing tobacco in the United States, produced since 1904. Red Man has traditionally come as leaf tobacco, in contrast to twist chewing tobacco or the ground tobacco used in snuff, and became a leader in that form of oral/dental/mouth tobacco.

images

TnWatchdog

120315_TECH_encyclopediaB.jpg

Years ago, at trade shows, there use to be reps selling the books of knowledge. They would come to your house and sell you the set, which was expensive! Britannica, World Book, and Colliers were names I remember, in a time period before the Internet. You could also buy the set a book at a time at various grocery stores. PEOPLE ARE SPOILED TODAY and don't even realize it!!

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Ball and Mason Jars

images

My mother caned all types of food's in the 1950's
and 1960's using both Ball and Karr Jars

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Watkins Products: sold door to door

images

Before the Fuller Brush man and Mary Kay,
there was the Watkins door-to-door.

TnWatchdog

school-milk-2.jpg

I remember when free milk was handed out in grade school...way back in time when it was served up in small glass bottles. Oh yes, it was at a time when school lunches were also free and were good to eat.

TnWatchdog

The Drive-in Movie
driveins+20.jpg

driveins+18.jpg

There use to me an outdoor screen in just about every town...not anymore, but a few do remain. It was a fun place to go. You could watch it in your car while smoking (if you smoked) or sit on a blanket outside with friends. If you worked really hard at it you could actually remember the movie you went to see. This activity was either for family fun or the hot date night! The sound speaker in your window and popcorn and hotdogs at the concession stand....what fun. One movie I do remember was a classic...it was good then and still is good today.