Would Jesus promote punishing the innocent instead of the guilty?

SinisterThinking

We have a moral issue in this O.P.

I am already in as saying that Jesus would not teach such a vile immoral tenet.

What is your reply?

Regards
DL
I said "The O.P. goes against a primary tenet of mine. "Do not presume the will of God". There are certain things that I just don't bother with. Any time a question can have a veiled meaning isn't a question at all. It's a chess move. I loathe chess. '

Let me be more direct for you.

No, in fact, He said it in John Chapter 8. But he also didn't let the woman off the hook. Mercy is a cornerstone of Christianity and it is abused everyday in the modern world. The word repent tells us that the wicked need to change. The fallacy is that Christians need to just say sorry but they need to do right by the people they maligned. Punishment is not about revenge. It never has been. When it's given as such, that's no good either.

Gnostic Christian

I said "The O.P. goes against a primary tenet of mine. "Do not presume the will of God". There are certain things that I just don't bother with. Any time a question can have a veiled meaning isn't a question at all. It's a chess move. I loathe chess. '

Let me be more direct for you.

No, in fact, He said it in John Chapter 8. But he also didn't let the woman off the hook. Mercy is a cornerstone of Christianity and it is abused everyday in the modern world. The word repent tells us that the wicked need to change. The fallacy is that Christians need to just say sorry but they need to do right by the people they maligned. Punishment is not about revenge. It never has been. When it's given as such, that's no good either.

"Feel free to pick a specific moral discussion and I would be happy to talk to you about it."

Thanks for showing that you are either a moral coward or a liar by not talking about the issue.

Regards
DL

SinisterThinking

"Feel free to pick a specific moral discussion and I would be happy to talk to you about it."

Thanks for showing that you are either a moral coward or a liar by not talking about the issue.

Regards
DL
I answered the issue directly. I said No. You already broke on of the rules. You couldn't be polite. I guess 4th grade was the best 10 years of your life.

Gnostic Christian

Mercy is a cornerstone of Christianity

You did say no but your reason, I thought was a joke.

How do you square mercy with inquisitions and a homophobic and misogynous religion and a god who shows no mercy to us or his son by having him murdered instead of just mercifully forgiving us outright?

Regards
DL

SinisterThinking

You did say no but your reason, I thought was a joke.

How do you square mercy with inquisitions and a homophobic and misogynous religion and a god who shows no mercy to us or his son by having him murdered instead of just mercifully forgiving us outright?

Regards
DL
See here's the point, to answer your question, I would have to agree with your statements. I do not. They are questions that anyone with a thimble full of knowledge would ask. My answer was a specific Biblical text with chapter. Sorry if that seemed funny.

Gnostic Christian

See here's the point, to answer your question, I would have to agree with your statements. I do not. They are questions that anyone with a thimble full of knowledge would ask. My answer was a specific Biblical text with chapter. Sorry if that seemed funny.

Is your thump supposed to trump the quotes I used in the O.P.?

They speak to policy, which trumps individual cases like the one you used, that ignores that Jewish men were not to talk or touch women.

Regards
DL