Would Jesus promote punishing the innocent instead of the guilty?

dimension-1hacker

No, that is incorrect. Morality is the absolute worst place to start. How can I or any other person know the intent of another's action?

Somewhere in history people got the idea that God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit were mall cops and the Earth was one big mall. The Bible isn't about whether we should or shouldn't smoke meth. It's about our soul. If God knows everything, and people live in the moment. God must know that humans are at a disadvantage. That being said, the second biggest assumption many Christians and non-Christians think is that God, through the atonement of Christ, gives people a free pass to be unjust, self-centered, and basically all around buttholes. Christians need to accept responsibility for their own actions and should understand that those actions come with repercussions.

I believe that I can pray all day but if my neighbor can't feed their family, I am going to cook for a week in hopes they can eat. That's not being moral, that's being caring. If someone is a Christian and they are not altruistic, they are just bad people.

I must repeat, sin isn't morality. Courts uphold the laws and punish accordingly. Every Christian MUST abide by the laws of the land. It's everyone's responsibility. Otherwise, the opposable thumb is our only unique quality.

Bombing abortion clinics, hating homosexuals, and every other ridiculous thing that many Christians do is an abomination in the eyes of God. So the first thing is to understand the primary tenets of faith. Then(and only then) can meaningful discussion take place.
One simple but logical statement: "god is omni potent hence knows everything, because god created everything in a certain way the god knew that where everything was created in that way the god would cause plagues, famines, billions of deaths". Biggest sinner correct, the god caused the "most evil", and "the most good" based off this cultures subjective morality which I think are ethics.

Another, how can a god be all powerful when the god cannot cause itself not to exist then to exist, as when nothing is there nothing can cause something to exist; nothing can be created out of nothing to therefore a god cannot create only shape.

Gnostic Christian

No, that is incorrect. Morality is the absolute worst place to start. How can I or any other person know the intent of another's action?

Morality is a thinking system/process that forms ones ideology.

If you think that the writers and scribes were not trying to influence your thinking, first and foremost, you have never written anything worthy, as that is what writing is all about.

Note how your own words here are intended to change thinking.

I agree that Christians must follow the law of the land.

We would have to jail way to many of them if they used their bibles murderous and unjust laws.

Regards
DL

SinisterThinking

If you think that the writers and scribes were not trying to influence your thinking, first and foremost, you have never written anything worthy, as that is what writing is all about.

We would have to jail way to many of them if they used their bibles murderous and unjust laws.

Regards
DL

That is abjectly incorrect. It is not a system, it's an observation
of one's system/process that forms ones ideology.

Ethics is the system.

Those are not my words they are the words of Jesus.(MT 22:21)

their bibles murderous and unjust laws.

That remains one of the most tiresome Biblical arguments ever. I don't have the energy for this one.

Gnostic Christian

That is abjectly incorrect. It is not a system, it's an observation
of one's system/process that forms ones ideology.

Ethics is the system.

Those are not my words they are the words of Jesus.(MT 22:21)

their bibles murderous and unjust laws.

That remains one of the most tiresome Biblical arguments ever. I don't have the energy for this one.

Energy is not lacking in some.

Being able to justify immoral biblical laws with decent apologetics or arguments are.

That is why Christians run from most moral discussion.

I am sure you have noticed.

Regards
DL

SinisterThinking

You use that word to mean, you are stumped and cannot argue or do apologetics for stupid viewpoints.

Regards
DL
LOL! This isn't some game to me. I have 50 years of my life invested in this. Over those years I've heard variations of the same questions nearly countless times. The only realization that I've come to is that there are just people that want to argue. I love meaningful conversation but yet again my stance remains the same. Your perception of God is neither Gnosticism or Christian. So if I go full bore into a conversation based on hermeneutics, I truly believe that it would be sloughed off or have the word stupid in the reply. Honestly, I don't actually owe you anything but don't confuse that with me being stumped or unable to do apologetics. My viewpoints are not stupid. I just think you have a limited view.

Sometimes backing away from an argument isn't a sign of weakness but a sign of humility.

SinisterThinking

Energy is not lacking in some.

Being able to justify immoral biblical laws with decent apologetics or arguments are.

That is why Christians run from most moral discussion.

I am sure you have noticed.

Regards
DL

Feel free to pick a specific moral discussion and I would be happy to talk to you about it. I don't run from a discussion. I will assume that your knowledge of gnosticism, apologetics, and the hermeneutical process is within your wheelhouse otherwise it will become tragically boring. Oh and you have to be polite. If I'm going to type for fun and no profit, I'd rather not get called names. So here I am. The gauntlet is down. You won the coin toss, so pick a subject and may the best person be the most logical. Also we should just stick to the topic you pick unless you can adequately defend why a subject is changed.

You in??

Gnostic Christian

Feel free to pick a specific moral discussion and I would be happy to talk to you about it. I don't run from a discussion. I will assume that your knowledge of gnosticism, apologetics, and the hermeneutical process is within your wheelhouse otherwise it will become tragically boring. Oh and you have to be polite. If I'm going to type for fun and no profit, I'd rather not get called names. So here I am. The gauntlet is down. You won the coin toss, so pick a subject and may the best person be the most logical. Also we should just stick to the topic you pick unless you can adequately defend why a subject is changed.

You in??

We have a moral issue in this O.P.

I am already in as saying that Jesus would not teach such a vile immoral tenet.

What is your reply?

Regards
DL