Would Jesus promote punishing the innocent instead of the guilty?

Gnostic Christian

facts without trust to be able to understand them is to.

I think I disagree here.

I base that on Trump as compared to the medical experts.

I do not need to understand fully what the medical experts are saying these days, to trust in my assumptions that they are correct as compared the the G.D. fool, Trump.

Regards
DL

dimension-1hacker

I think I disagree here.

I base that on Trump as compared to the medical experts.

I do not need to understand fully what the medical experts are saying these days, to trust in my assumptions that they are correct as compared the the G.D. fool, Trump.

Regards
DL
language is a way of understanding but is language an acurate way of describing anything? prove it!

SinisterThinking

Faith without facts is for fools.

Regards
DL
I've been called a fool many times because of my faith. Never with such glorious alliteration! So thanks for that!

Your phrase however is false. If you want to believe that, good for you. Here is the same logic applied correctly:

Faith without facts is for the faithful. A cheeseburger without cheese is for the lactose intolerant.

SinisterThinking

Morality.

That is what religion is supposed to be all about. Right?

Christians have set that aside for the sacrifice that they think a god would do for them, after condemning them unjustly.

Regards
DL

No, that is incorrect. Morality is the absolute worst place to start. How can I or any other person know the intent of another's action?

Somewhere in history people got the idea that God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit were mall cops and the Earth was one big mall. The Bible isn't about whether we should or shouldn't smoke meth. It's about our soul. If God knows everything, and people live in the moment. God must know that humans are at a disadvantage. That being said, the second biggest assumption many Christians and non-Christians think is that God, through the atonement of Christ, gives people a free pass to be unjust, self-centered, and basically all around buttholes. Christians need to accept responsibility for their own actions and should understand that those actions come with repercussions.

I believe that I can pray all day but if my neighbor can't feed their family, I am going to cook for a week in hopes they can eat. That's not being moral, that's being caring. If someone is a Christian and they are not altruistic, they are just bad people.

I must repeat, sin isn't morality. Courts uphold the laws and punish accordingly. Every Christian MUST abide by the laws of the land. It's everyone's responsibility. Otherwise, the opposable thumb is our only unique quality.

Bombing abortion clinics, hating homosexuals, and every other ridiculous thing that many Christians do is an abomination in the eyes of God. So the first thing is to understand the primary tenets of faith. Then(and only then) can meaningful discussion take place.