Would You Tell Your Friends About It?

darwi

A pretty simple question here.

Let's say you have a time machine. We don't need to know how you got it, let's say some guy gave it to you on the street the other day.

Would you talk about it with other people around you? Would you tell your friends, or would you let us know on the forum that you got yourself a working time machine?

Why would you? Or why not? Is it dangerous, do you fear for your security?
No, I would not let you know. I don't need any government agency chasing me down and I don't need any bad karma. Anyway, I intend to develop my mental abilities to the point where I can naturally and safely engage in mental time travel. Beyond that, I also intend to develop my mental abilities to where I can naturally and safely engage in physical time travel( significantly more difficult and dangerous). I expect I'd do it alone. Whether I'd share any of that data at all with anyone here, after I'd done so, would depend on your evolution and whether it was appropriate. I'd probably be willing to write about it in a science fictional way, without most people realizing the truth behind it.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor

Let's say you have a time machine. We don't need to know how you got it, let's say some guy gave it to you on the street the other day.

Would you talk about it with other people around you? Would you tell your friends, or would you let us know on the forum that you got yourself a working time machine?

No, I would not let you know. I don't need any government agency chasing me down and I don't need any bad karma. Anyway, I intend to develop my mental abilities to the point where I can naturally and safely engage in mental time travel. Beyond that, I also intend to develop my mental abilities to where I can naturally and safely engage in physical time travel( significantly more difficult and dangerous). I expect I'd do it alone. Whether I'd share any of that data at all with anyone here, after I'd done so, would depend on your evolution and whether it was appropriate. I'd probably be willing to write about it in a science fictional way, without most people realizing the truth behind it.

I like your common sense understanding about about the dangerous act of using a real working Time Travel Machine to travel to parts unknown in time and space. To use Astral Time Travel is a much more safer way to travel in time and space, it works for me.

Last edited:

Monday

I'd probably anonymously post about it online and try to meet up with someone who I can trust... I wouldn't tell any of my close friends or family and I'd hide it for sure. I also would try to examine/understand it without breaking it and maybe after a while I'd showcase it at a science convention.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I agree with the Professor that astral time travel is much safer. I guess the question at hand in this thread can be asked about both kind of time machines. Machines for physical or astral time travel.

Would you be more prone to tell your friends about your time machine, if it was an astral time machine?

darwi

Then it wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem. So I wouldn't necessarily need to be quiet about it. But I'd still be very selective, because a lot of people might still be too unstable to have access to such a machine. If they're already fairly unstable, a machine like that would only likely add to their problems. I would promote the development of spiritual-mental abilities to enable people to practice 'mental' time travel naturally, without the need of a machine, similar to what opmmur seems to be writing about. By the way, I called it 'mental' time travel. Some people call it astral time travel. It means basically the same thing I believe, though it is possible to extract our mental body from our astral body, similar to extracting our astral body from our physical body. Which body would we use for that type of time travel, that isn't physical time travel? I suppose it depends on the individual.

Except that when you arrive, you'll see the other copy of yourself committing the crime after all.
You could always offer yourself a coffee and ... you know... invite yourself up to explore a different --- time-line?

Uhh oh, there I go again with hitting on my past self. Dammit!

[emoji7] I just love me too much, I guess. <kiss kiss love love> [emoji11] [emoji11] [emoji11]

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Except that when you arrive, you'll see the other copy of yourself committing the crime after all.
You could always offer yourself a coffee and ... you know... invite yourself up to explore a different --- time-line?

[emoji7] I just love me too much, I guess. <kiss kiss love love> [emoji11] [emoji11] [emoji11]

*facepalm*

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

Have you seen the movie called "Predestination"?