Bush Did Not Win the Election?

Darkwolf

Ok, I've seen some pretty conclusive evidence that the Republicans cheated, I've also seen some pretty darned conclusive evidence that the democrats cheated. So in conclusion, I have no #%$ Idea who the rightful inauguree is going to be come january. That kind of ticks me off, how about everyone else.

CaryP

Doesn't matter much to me Darkwolf. Kerry or Bush are about the same thing. No big differeneces between the two. Whoever takes office will regret that they did.

Cary

Darkwolf

Doesn't matter much to me Darkwolf. Kerry or Bush are about the same thing. No big differeneces between the two. Whoever takes office will regret that they did.

True for me too, however its the principal of the thing. We deserve the president we elect, but we should get the one we elect. Not only did we find a fifth ace in this game, but a sixth one as well.

CaryP

True for me too, however its the principal of the thing. We deserve the president we elect, but we should get the one we elect. Not only did we find a fifth ace in this game, but a sixth one as well.

I think we're gonna get the yayhoo we "deserve" whomever is living in the White House come late January.. The deck is so stacked from both sides, does it really matter? Principle? Where the hell is the principle? I thought that left a loooonnnngggg time ago. Sorry to be so cyncial pal. I ain't here to "bust your chops" as some of my Yankee friends say. I just don't care between Bush or Kerry. Prop one of them up and let's get on with the charade, and see what happens. The sheeple are still complacent despite the "upset" over the "election" and the "war". Yeeha. Maybe some sheeple getting slaughtered on the TV would wake a few up. But I doubt it. They'll be the "new domestic terrorists" to be afraid of. We ain't headed to the Promised Land kids. Lookin' kinda gloomy from here. But what the hell do I know?

Cary

Darkwolf

It seems that Ralph can't get anybody to vote for him, but he might just be able to stir things up. December surprise anyone?
Does anyone think the Kerryites are rolling over and playing dead, or are they letting some of this come out before making a dramatic move? This could get interasting.

Nader calls for US election recounts

Thu Nov 11, 5:14 PM ET ?Politics - AFP

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Ralph Nader (news - web sites), an independent presidential candidate, has called for recounts of November 2 voting results, to ensure that every ballot was counted amid allegations of irregularities.

AFP/File Photo

AP Photo
Slideshow: Ralph Nader

Latest Headlines:
? Survey: Format Influenced Voter Priorities
AP - 2 hours, 43 minutes ago

? Elizabeth Edwards Thanks Supporters
AP - Thu Nov 11, 5:49 PM ET

? Nader calls for US election recounts
AFP - Thu Nov 11, 5:14 PM ET

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Election Coverage

?

Nader, who this year drew about one percent of the vote nationally, said Wednesday he was speaking out for the \"thousands\" of US voters asking for recounts and not on his own behalf.

\"Over 2,000 citizens, including voting rights advocates, are urging, in writing, the Nader Camejo campaign to help make sure every vote is counted and counted accurately. The Nader-Camejo campaign does not view the election to be over merely because concession speeches, which have no legal effect, have been given. Rather, they are over when every vote is counted and legally certified,\" Nader said.

He urged recounts particularly in the hotly disputed states of Ohio and Florida, which went to Bush, New Hampshire which went to Kerry, and North Carolina, which went to Bush.

\"Striking inconsistencies exist between the vote as reported on the AccuVote Diebold Machines and exit polls and voting trends in New Hampshire. These irregularities in the reported vote count favor president George W. Bush by five to 15 percent over what was expected.

\"Problems in these electronic voting machines and optical scanners are being reported in machines in a variety of states,\" Nader added.

However, Democrats said there was no need to challenge the outcome.

\"Unlike 2000, the Republicans simply received more votes than Democrats in this election,\" said Democratic National Committee (news - web sites) Chairman Terry McAuliffe in a statement.

\"We are not contesting the outcome of this election.

\"But, win, lose or draw, the Democratic party feels that every vote is a voice, and to that end, we are committed to ensuring that every vote cast in 2004 be counted,\" he said.

Bev Harris, author of a book, \"Black Box Voting,\" has for years questioned US voting procedures, including the 2004 vote, which she said was particularly questionable in Ohio, the state that tipped the scales toward Bush's victory.

She said she plans to take advantage of an Ohio law that allows a group of no less than five citizens to demand a recount.

Rumors of fraud have been circulating in this state, and news out of the region has added fuel to the fire. A computer error gave Bush 4,258 votes and 260 to Kerry -- although just 638 voters had cast ballots. The local election committee said later that the count was rectified.

Other states with disputed results, North Carolina, New Hampshire and Florida, once again questioned after being the cause of a 36-day delay in counting ballots in 2000.

Nader said he had already begun the procedure to demand a recount in New Hampshire, where Bush won an unexpected number of votes.

Mod Edit: Fixed Quotes

Darkwolf

Bush will be in the White House come January. I have no doubt about that.

Neither do I. The question is, how much trouble can Ralphie and company stir up before and after that happens.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Nov 12 2004, 09:33 PM
Bush will be in the White House come January. I have no doubt about that.

Neither do I. The question is, how much trouble can Ralphie and company stir up before and after that happens.

If he's not in the White House in January, we will be truly in deep, deep trouble.