Can the past truly be changed ?.

jiangnanah

This question, I hope someone can build a real machine that travels through time and space. Do you know the Mandela effect? The Mandela effect means that one's own memory does not match the recorded history, such as the South African President Mandela in the 1980s. Many people remember that he died in prison in the 1980s, but he actually died in 2013, leading to Some people have confused memories. There are many examples of the Mandela effect in the world.If someone changes the past, there is the Mandela effect.

Mayhem

Zenith
Im interested to know what you all think about this, suppose a time traveler went into the past. could this time traveler then change things or not. what I mean by "or not" is, suppose the time traveller tried to kill hitler, he will not succeed because time can not be rewritten what has happened will always happen and so on.

so do you all think time can be rewritten or not ?.
In this context do you mean you wake up one day and the life your living is totally different only experienced by you?

Is that not an illusion?, surely if a change occurred many would see/feel it and acknowledge straight away or does it only happen in one persons mind!

Jenette

I don’t know if it’s possible but I wish it could be. I wish I could take away some of the hurt I caused to others.

BlastTyrant

The past cannot be changed, what happened has happened, if that was the case whats stopping anyone from the future time traveling back and killing hitler or mapping Atlantis or taking pictures of the lost city of gold etc,

It is a dream that just isn't possible or our current time and future would be some endlessly chaotic "Which i mean it seems to kind of be anyway"

In the theory of you can save someone, you cant, you may save them from instance but another will come up and they will be forced to deal with it regardless, like prolonging the inevitable.

Man i am long winded and random, but the Mandela affect isn't from time travelers it is from merging time lines that are similiar to ours, so everything in one time line is identical to the other and something caused them to combine but just with very small discrepancies.

But i know nothing, hell i could be a time traveler just trying to discourage future time travelers by traveling to the past to post this O_O

Wind7

Staff
In this context do you mean you wake up one day and the life your living is totally different only experienced by you?

Is that not an illusion?, surely if a change occurred many would see/feel it and acknowledge straight away or does it only happen in one persons mind!
I would think that it would definitely be all in your mind,
doesn't mean that it's not a reality none the less.

A reality that I personally wouldn't wish to be too fast to share
without putting some very deep thought into an approach,
most especially if it was of a personal nature that was somehow changed.

Mr_Zero

The past cannot be changed, what happened has happened, if that was the case whats stopping anyone from the future time traveling back and killing hitler or mapping Atlantis or taking pictures of the lost city of gold etc,

It is a dream that just isn't possible or our current time and future would be some endlessly chaotic "Which i mean it seems to kind of be anyway"

In the theory of you can save someone, you cant, you may save them from instance but another will come up and they will be forced to deal with it regardless, like prolonging the inevitable.

Man i am long winded and random, but the Mandela affect isn't from time travelers it is from merging time lines that are similiar to ours, so everything in one time line is identical to the other and something caused them to combine but just with very small discrepancies.

But i know nothing, hell i could be a time traveler just trying to discourage future time travelers by traveling to the past to post this O_O
@BlastTyrant do you believe we have free will ?.