Can the past truly be changed ?.

Beholder

I have a history of past memories that have changed. Here on the forums we came to a consensus that the phenomena experienced by all of us was to be called Altervus. Since then the rest of the world began to notice this phenomena as well. They called it the Mandela effect. I have a very strong vivid photographic memory of Captain Crunch cereal as a teenager. Since I routinely had that for breakfast everyday. Yet we are now being told it has always been spelled Cap'n Crunch.

Currently I have been giving thought to the idea that time is actually a variable wave phenomena. We all have the ability to alter that wave phenomena by choosing actions that have different outcomes in the future. But what if choosing a different outcome also has the side effect of carrying a different past with it?
Like when computer geeks predicted the Y2K bugs where banking databases used 99 to represent 1999, then spent lots of money fixing the bugs before year 2000. Then people complained about fearmongering, because nothing happened.

Mr_Zero

Currently I have been giving thought to the idea that time is actually a variable wave phenomena. We all have the ability to alter that wave phenomena by choosing actions that have different outcomes in the future. But what if choosing a different outcome also has the side effect of carrying a different past with it?
this is a very interesting idea.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
this is a very interesting idea.

It's more than interesting when you actually put that idea to the test. I live a very spontaneous life style. I routinely run into people I have never met before. Yet the other person will start talking to me as if we knew each other in the past. Sharing memories of things I never experienced. I usually try and wing it just to see how far it will go. It's fun. But I'm hoping to somehow make a choice which puts me onto a path where I am extremely wealthy. At least according to the balance in my bank account.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
@Einstein suppose you do alter the past and become wealthy, will you remember making that happen or will you just think you were always wealthy ?.

My experiments have shown I will notice the change. I don't have this down to a science. I just will routinely change the way I do things looking for indications that I had some kind of affect on my surroundings.

I think it was Pamela Moore that mentioned something about the color of her car changed. That was from the John Titor email experiment. So it seems interactions with others can cause changes in the past.

Beholder

But I'm hoping to somehow make a choice which puts me onto a path where I am extremely wealthy. At least according to the balance in my bank account.
Pay off loans as fast as possible. Buy expiring candy once a year in bulk and freeze it instead of buying randomly. Repair old clothes with needle and thread. Repair broken electronics and plastic items using a soldering iron. Always look for bargains at online auctions, like when I recently bought a PC with accessories for 20€. Some websites give away furniture worth 300€ for free if you live in a wealthy city.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Pay off loans as fast as possible. Buy expiring candy once a year in bulk and freeze it instead of buying randomly. Repair old clothes with needle and thread. Repair broken electronics and plastic items using a soldering iron. Always look for bargains at online auctions, like when I recently bought a PC with accessories for 20€. Some websites give away furniture worth 300€ for free if you live in a wealthy city.

Try putting your mind into the mindset of a wealthy you. Probably by doing something that you just don't do.