Cobra CB radio for contact

TimeFlipper

@TimeFlipper - Oh, and one more thing I forgot to make clear with you: I don't know if you know this already, but my magnetic mount and coax cable actually came attached together. Sorry I replied a little later than I should of.

Yes i was aware of it, and thats why i mentioned the SO239 which would accept the PL259 plug coming from the magnetic mount, and the length of wire coming from the SO239 then terminates into a PL259, which then fits into your CB set...an extension coax cable ;):D..

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@TimeFlipper - Thank you. Anyway, I just discussed this with my dad, and he says it may be a better idea to get another kind of mount, one in which holes are drilled into on the roof. Within the next few weeks, we will meet with a professional and see what works best. In the meantime, I'll search for a longer coax cable. Do you have any information on what type of coax cable fits into a mount that's drilled on the roof?

TimeFlipper

@TimeFlipper - Thank you. Anyway, I just discussed this with my dad, and he says it may be a better idea to get another kind of mount, one in which holes are drilled into on the roof. Within the next few weeks, we will meet with a professional and see what works best. In the meantime, I'll search for a longer coax cable. Do you have any information on what type of coax cable fits into a mount that's drilled on the roof?

RG8 of course...When companies make antennas like the Firestick, they will use a cheaper type of coax thats half the cost of RG8...Now thats ok, because the Firestick is intended for mobile use, and the mag mount is placed on the car roof, with only a couple of meters of coax cable coming from it into the car....

However, when you start putting a Firestick on top of a building roof, there is obviously lots more coax needed, and when you have long lengths of coax cable, you need lots more insulation inside it that prevents the coax cable "leaking" out the RF power coming from your CB set....And that is why you need the RG8 50ohm low loss coax cable..

What i strongly suggest is that you keep the Firestick attached to the mag mount, and get a guy to bolt a suitable piece of metal onto the roof of your building....You need that piece of metal to give a "ground" for the Firestick, just like a car roof, or your A/C unit...

I imagine in the mountainous area where you live, very high winds are not a problem for you, and i feel certain that the Firestick on its mag mount, is capable of withstanding winds of upto 70 mph without moving, such as when you are driving a car with the antenna attached to its roof....To be absolutely certain that the mag mount stays permanently on top of the roof, use some suitable metal to metal Superglue...

Last edited:

Trekkie

Quote from 80's television show V ,
This is not science fiction," this is what they are ,
Alternatively war of the world's 1953 , priest spreads the word of the lord and gets zapped by martian space vehicle as approaches their vehicle!
My question ," why do you want to make contact with ets? You can't base your fascination that their as friendly as 1982's et the extra terrestrial and if anyone picks up first it will be the military but good luck in your new hobby

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Trekkie - While not all ETs are friendly, not all of them are bad either. If you watched enough Ancient Aliens, you would figure that, especially by the show's implications. But thanks for wishing me good luck.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@TimeFlipper - I hope you don't mind if I give you a better idea of what I'm talking about in regards to my antenna and magnetic mount. As you can see in the picture below, particularly within the red circle I drew in there, the connection looks as such. I'm a little bit confused as to how to disconnect the coax cable from the magnetic mount. Should I get a professional to do that as well as hook up the new coax cable with the mount. The picture is as follows:

TimeFlipper

I think what youre saying to me is that you want to erect the Firestick onto the top of the roof of the building, in the manner that you first wanted it to be, and not my idea as to how you should connect it...

The Firestick simply screws off the mag mount, and you discard the mag mount or save it....The coax cable is left attached to the mag mount..You would need to find a suitable mount for the Firestick, that has the same connector as what the mag mount has, i wish you luck in that quest, as i personally have no idea where you will find one from...

Frankly, i can go no further to assist you anymore, perhaps a "professional" will have the required knowledge to get the Firestick properly and correctly wired up onto some base and then safely secured onto your buildings roof, in the manner that you want it to be....I have given you all the necessary info in this thread that enables you to have the best chance of contacting a manned UFO...I know you will succeed one day my friend :)..

Last edited:

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@TimeFlipper - OK. But I don't believe I said I wanted to get rid of the magnetic mount, at least not very recently. Nevertheless, I will go ahead soon and order my coax cable, then consult with a professional on connecting my new cable to the mount, and then we'll drill a plate of metal onto the roof and put the mount on there, and that's that.

And I may have some further questions (i.e. about the effects to use like the Morse code SOS) to ask. Do you want to discuss those somewhere else, or would you rather I ask other Paranormalis members?

TimeFlipper

@TimeFlipper - OK. But I don't believe I said I wanted to get rid of the magnetic mount, at least not very recently. Nevertheless, I will go ahead soon and order my coax cable, then consult with a professional on connecting my new cable to the mount, and then we'll drill a plate of metal onto the roof and put the mount on there, and that's that.

And I may have some further questions (i.e. about the effects to use like the Morse code SOS) to ask. Do you want to discuss those somewhere else, or would you rather I ask other Paranormalis members?

Consult a professional my friend :)..