Cobra CB radio for contact

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Einstein - Alright, I did a little research on CB radio forums, and of the two forums that came up in my search, the first one seems to be a private forum and requires a login or permission to view the site. The second site appears to require member registration to communicate with other members. And I feel it may not be necessary to join another forum if I'm only going to use it for assistance in installing my antenna on the roof.

What type of professional would I need for the job? Because I really don't know what to do at this point.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I seen there are lots of CB forums. It only took me a minute to gravitate towards an installation thread. Pictures galore. I didn't have to sign up to just read the threads. All you need is a roof mount, a CB cable, and a CB antenna. You already have a CB antenna, which I am assuming can be disconnected from your existing magnetic mount. Here is a link for a 20 foot CB cable with connectors installed:

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Einstein - It's much cooler now than it was the past two days. So I can now focus on getting my new coax cable and roof mount. I did some more research; notice the two items listed below:
  1. Mount
  2. Cable
As you can see, both items are from Amazon. I didn't buy them yet, but do you think this is a good selection?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
It looks OK to me. Only thing left to get is some type of attachment bracket to attach the antenna mount to. Unless you can find one already made, you might have to get an installer to fabricate something using possibly angle iron.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Good news guys: I got my 20-foot coax cable and the mount in a delivery over this 4th of July weekend! :)

@Einstein - I just have one little problem with my mount: it's not exactly what I expected it to be. Amazon only had one photo of the item, and it didn't have the mount at the right angles for viewing. As it turns out, the coax cable connects to the bottom of the mount, not somewhere on the side, as I expected, although I was correct in assuming the antenna was supposed to be screwed on top of the mount.

Do you have any advice on what to do from here? Because I am considering returning the mount and getting a refund since it's still in its original packaging. It may very well be I won't, but I want to know what you think.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Good news guys: I got my 20-foot coax cable and the mount in a delivery over this 4th of July weekend! :)

@Einstein - I just have one little problem with my mount: it's not exactly what I expected it to be. Amazon only had one photo of the item, and it didn't have the mount at the right angles for viewing. As it turns out, the coax cable connects to the bottom of the mount, not somewhere on the side, as I expected, although I was correct in assuming the antenna was supposed to be screwed on top of the mount.

Do you have any advice on what to do from here? Because I am considering returning the mount and getting a refund since it's still in its original packaging. It may very well be I won't, but I want to know what you think.

Your description sounds fine to me. Just have someone fabricate a right angle bracket to attach everything to the edge of your roof.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Einstein - Thanks a lot! I think you have quite a bit more knowledge and experience with this stuff than my dad and I! :)

Now the last obstacle to overcome: my dad often acts a bit stubborn when discussing hiring a professional for the job. I tried telling him I would at least help pay for the pro, but he tends to think we can figure it out ourselves. But since I really want to get the wheels rolling, I really want to go ahead and get a pro to come along. I think I'll let my dad know when I get the chance.

Fishoke

Interesting that CB is suggested for alien contact. I am always up to hear of other communication devices. I however believe we can contact them with what I use with in the paranormal field. I wonder and I guess am asking why is it that the CB is the way to communicate with aliens and not other tools. Ty if you have the time to respond. Much Love